Minford @ Oak Hill 2-15-13

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Minford @ Oak Hill 2-15-13

Post by Bleeding Red »

I cant believe there hasnt been a thread started on this game yet. Big matchup tomorrow night in Oak Hill.

Minford has to play to try to put this game away early and not let Oak Hill sit on the ball, which is what will happen if they get a lead early. Oak Hill is eerie similar to South Webster's offense. Numerous passes and wait patiently for a great shot. If they get the lead they will definitely play stall ball.

Seeing the first matchup, Minford should be able to get alot of points in the post as Oak Hill will have to double McCray to keep him in check. If they dont they will have a hard time slowing Minford's offense down.

I really liked what Minford has been doing with their up tempo offense. Grab the board and push the ball up the floor.

Gotta limit turnovers and play solid defense. Oak Hill is never an easy place to win.

Winner gets a share of the SOC II crown. Enuff said!

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

Re: Minford @ Oak Hill 2-15-13

Post by KingoftheCourts »

Well, Bleeding Red, I was gonna start this thread, but I think I've started the last 3 or 4 for Minford so I thought I would wait and jump in. :lol:

I hear the boys are having really good practices and their shooting looks real good - we need that to carryover to the game tomorrow night.

We need to continue playing the "in your face" defense because the Oaks will shoot the lights out from 3 point land!

Norm like to S....L.....O....W the tempo down (as we saw last game) so we need to be ready to anticipate the passes and push the ball down the floor for 2!

The new up tempo pace that we are now playing is an advantage for us - we have some fast boys! If McCray or Gullion gets the rebound that's what they need to look to do - push the ball.

We've been playing pretty solid the last couple of weeks and definately need to do that tomorrow night! Oak Hill is a hard place to play!

Let's cross our fingers that Waverly upsets Valley and the CROWN WILL BE OURS ALONE!!!!

Let's Go Falons!
Beat the Oaks! :aaaaa26

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Oak Hill is a tough place to play (ask Valley and Webster), but I'll go with Minford in this one. They seem to be getting nice balance of late between McBee and the other starters and Rowe sounds like he has really stepped up. Should be a good one.

bleeding red: Coach Ater for Webster played for Persin at Chesapeake, so that probably explains the similarity in offensive style between Oak Hill and Webster.*

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Minford will look to push tempo IMO. I think Minford will have success with the lineup featuring Rowe at point with Stapleton,McBee, and Gullion attacking off the ball and spotting up for shots, because Rowe shares the sugar no doubt about that.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Just go ahead and throw the records out on these schools for basketball and football. For those two sports and schools, they have truly became a rivalry. Given proximity, school size, pride, a commitment to excellence, etc., both of these schools could be 0-fer going into the game and it would still be a great game.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

What a big game for my Falcons! If the Falcons continue to play the style of ball they are playing, the Falcons will win the contest. The Falcons are playing exceptionally well together!

Oak Hill is a hard place to play and if the Falcons don't get a lead quick, it could be a long night. I look for Norm to let the air out of the ball and run the clock as he always does in his big match up games.

Let's Go Falcons! BEAT THE OAKS!

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

Post by KingoftheCourts »

IT'S GAMEDAY FALCONS!

Let's roll up ours sleeves and get down to business!

You know what you've got to do to bring home that SOC Victory so let's get it done!

Play Hard, Show Good Sportsmanship, and Bring Home the SOC title!

Go Falcons!
Beat Oaks! :aaaaa26

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Gonna be packed liked sardines tonight. Great atmosphere and great tune-up for tournament time.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

LET'S GO FALCONS!

TIME TO SHINE BOYS!! Play Hard! Play Smart! Play Together!!

I'm sure it'll be a packed house tonight at Oak Hill to watch this contest. Should be a great game!

Good Luck Falcons! GO! FIGHT! WIN!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Minford better have their heads in this one....That is a hard place to win in it will all depend on if they are only playing 5 at a time or 8 that could make for along night.........

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

Here4Fun wrote:Minford better have their heads in this one....That is a hard place to win in it will all depend on if they are only playing 5 at a time or 8 that could make for along night.........
You are ABSOLUTELY correct!!

Oakgrad
Waterboy

Post by Oakgrad »

I'll take the oaks in this one. Minford coming off of big wins shuffling there line up might lead to some confusion. Up tempo game would favor oaks. 63-57

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Oakgrad wrote:I'll take the oaks in this one. Minford coming off of big wins shuffling there line up might lead to some confusion. Up tempo game would favor oaks. 63-57
UMMMM....No

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Stuck at work. Anyone have a radio station??

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

13-12 oaks end of 1

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Oaks over minford 24-23 half

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Minford up on oak hill 37-33 end 3
Shot at buzzer in and out or we would have a 1 point game

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Minford got hot....45-35 with 5:18 to go

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Minford defeats Oak Hill 55-46. Congrats Falcons on the road win and getting a share of the SOC II Conference Title with Valley.
Last edited by mglight88 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”