2/8 - Nelsonville-York (13-4) @ Athens (15-3)

Power 105
All Conference

2/8 - Nelsonville-York (13-4) @ Athens (15-3)

Post by Power 105 »

The game will be on Power 105.5 and 970 WATH on Friday night. Listen online here: http://radio.securenetsystems.net/v4/in ... lSign=WXTQ

Thoughts?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2/8 - Nelsonville-York (13-4) @ Athens (15-3)

Post by pfloyd »

... should be a great game ... the "Athens 6" vs the "Nelsonville York 10" ... look for NY to make the shorthanded Bulldogs run the floor for 32+ minutes ... on the flip side I see Coach Skinner working to control the tempo of the game (by the way I have said many times Coach Skinner's Bulldogs have controlled the tempo of games better than any other team Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line for the last 3 years) ... this one will be a battle of tempo - which team controls the flow of the game ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

great game?

how about a MONSTER GAME!

Don't let the earlier outcome between these two teams fool you.

Nelsonville-York is a smaller, quick, up-tempo team that can pressure the basketball - and they have a ton of depth ... the things an Athens team, which is shorthanded at the moment without guard Zacchia Saltzmen, probably doesn't want to see right now. The Bulldogs will be playing their 3rd game in four days, the Buckeyes have been hanging out in the gym - probably licking their chops - just waiten for Friday to come ... lol

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Athens by 20+ points no different then the last meeting. Just my opinion.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GO BUCKS GO!!!!!!!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

If Athens gets in pressure mode like they were at Logan, this one could be interesting. But on the flip side, if the Dogs play smooth and silky like I witnessed against Wellston...it won't be close. Burrow and Iby must play well and they also need to use the big man down low. They kinda got away from him when Logan made that run late in the game last Tuesday. Feed the big guy!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dundas wrote:If Athens gets in pressure mode like they were at Logan, this one could be interesting. But on the flip side, if the Dogs play smooth and silky like I witnessed against Wellston...it won't be close. Burrow and Iby must play well and they also need to use the big man down low. They kinda got away from him when Logan made that run late in the game last Tuesday. Feed the big guy!
you were at the Wellston game too?

if you wanted on the bandwagon you should have told me - I woulda got you a shirt! :mrgreen:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Athens wins going away. The defensive pressure could bother them early, but they are just to big, athletic, smart, and good to lose this game at home. Nelsonville will have the legs, but I think talent will win out here. Athens knows they must hold court until VC and that they need this win to keep their high seed for Sunday.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

You're right dani. If Athens were to fall to NY, and VC win both Friday and Saturday, they could make a case for the 2 seed...but I still think it would be a longshot. Athens has the head to head win over VC and both have played a pretty tough schedule. NY however could almost guarantee a 1 seed by beating Athens..unless of coarse ZT knocks off Piketon and VC on back to back nights. I think those two wins would trump beating Athens. We shall see.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I've got a nice maroon shirt for you doggy if VC takes care of the bulldogs next Tuesday night!

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

looking at the the records 93 has posted on the TVC website Zane Trace is 13-3 and Nelsonville is 13-4 If Trace loses both games Friday and Saturday they end up 13-5 if Nelsonville loses Friday and wins against Federal on Saturday they end up 14-5. With the same lose total I would think Trace gets the Number 1 seed they play in a much toughter conference. However If Coach Kline is well received by the other TVC coaches and they stick together Nelsonville gets the number 1 seed. Just my opinon.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

FYI ... the No. 1 at Athens isn't all that great of place to be in ... you would play the #4 from Jackson.

your better off at the No. 2 and take your chances versus the No. 3 from Waverly.

With that being said ... feel free to throw the game tonight (NY) ... assure yourself of that coveted No. 2 spot Sunday ... lol

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

You may be right but it probably won't matter. Does anyone know how many times a team from the Athens Sectional in DIII has advance to the District Final in the last 5 years or so?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

greatone wrote:You may be right but it probably won't matter. Does anyone know how many times a team from the Athens Sectional in DIII has advance to the District Final in the last 5 years or so?
Hard to say greatone ... this sectional use to be down at Jackson and you had other teams in it.
I don't think any have made it since they moved it to Athens (with the current list of teams).

2009 THERE WAS ONLY TWO SECTIONALS (JACKSON & WAVERLY)
starting in 2010 they broke it up into three ... since they did that, I'm pretty sure no team from the Athens sectional has made it to the finals.

Wakawakawaka
Waterboy

Post by Wakawakawaka »

Marc carter is lights out, this kid can shoot
Athens dominating the boards, struggling with second chance shots

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

OT

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Athens wins 64-63 in OT. Very good basketball from both teams tonight.

Return to “Boys Basketball”