Southeastern DII Sectional

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Southeastern DII Sectional

Post by Myra Fleener »

Looks as though Fairland, Wash Court House, and Miami Trace have locked up the top 3 seeds. Next, you have a Unioto team that has a quality record, but has lost to McClain, Court House, and Adena. After that, it's a toss-up. Who will go 5-9? Would love to be in the room to hear that discussion!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Southeastern DII Sectional

Post by danicalifornia »

I took a look at the remaining schedules and I feel like Hillsboro will have the inside track to 8 wins and could bump to the 5. Circleville has 2 very tough games left and Waverly has at least one win left before as well. If Chillicothe can add a couple of wins, I could see them moving all the way up.

My guess is that Chillicothe/McClain play in the 8/9 with the winner playing Fairland. The SCOL has the numbers advantage and could really help their own out however they see fit. That's where I think it's the most interesting.

Still a lot of time left to make some moves for each team. I think if Unioto wins out, they could hurdle MT as they do play next Saturday night.

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

If chilly beats court house and Portsmouth next week, they may earn the 5 seed. Still lots of bball to be played.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

•••• UPDATED•••••

Athens DII DISTRICT

Logan Sectional

Warren 15-1
Athens 14-2
Vinton Co 13-3
Logan Elm 13-6
Sheridan 11-4
Fairfield Union 9-8
Gallia Academy 7-11
New Lexington 7-12
Marietta 6-10

Southeastern Sectional

Fairland 13-4
Washington CH 13-5
Miami Trace 12-6
Unioto 10-7
Circleville 7-11
McClain 7-12
Waverly 6-12
Hillsboro 6-12
Chillicothe 6-12
Jackson 1-16

One week till the draw.

MSL_Fan
Waterboy

Post by MSL_Fan »

Fairfield U would probably love to get in the 3/6 game at Logan again versus VC after knocking them off in that game last season....

At Southeastern, 5-9 is still wide open with any of those teams possibly ending up anywhere based on this week's games....8 wins will most likely earn the 5 seed and a spot opposite Unioto as hard as that is to believe....

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

@ Katie- 1.Warren 2. Athens 3. Logan Elm 4. VC 5. Sheridan 6. FU 7.Gaila 8.Marietta 9. New Lex

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote:@ Katie- 1.Warren 2. Athens 3. Logan Elm 4. VC 5. Sheridan 6. FU 7.Gaila 8.Marietta 9. New Lex
Its actually at Logan High School. Hasn't been at the Katie since the new school opened. I think the top 2 are set with Logan Elm, VC, and Sheridan battling for the 3 seed. I think if VC can go 3-0 this week, they'll have a good shot at it. If VC can go into the draw at 16-3, they'll be at least 3 games better in the loss column than Logan Elm. I know everyone thinks that LE will be ahead based off the week 1 match up, but I feel like the coaches will take into consideration that VC was without two starters in that close loss. Reguardless, it should be a good sectional! Also, don't sleep on Marietta. They have some athletes and play in a tough league. I think they will have the potential to cause someone problems in the first round.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Marietta's wins - Coshocton (5-12) 2X, Frontier D4 (4-13) 2x, Rosecrans D4(2-16), and Belpre (8-8) that's terrible. Heck they haven't beat 1 D2 team

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm also plays a stronger schedule than VC, but a lot of times that doesn't matter much in terms of seeding.

As far as SE going, I see it in order of WCH, Fairland, MT, Unioto, Hillsboro, Greenfield, Circleville, Waverly, Chillicothe, Jackson.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly with a good opportunity to pick up 3 wins this week. West comes to the jungle Tuesday followed by Northwest on Friday before the Tigers travel to Greenup County Kentucky Saturday. With 9 wins, including a 3 game winning streak heading into the draw, Waverly may just get a better seed.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

smurray wrote:Waverly with a good opportunity to pick up 3 wins this week. West comes to the jungle Tuesday followed by Northwest on Friday before the Tigers travel to Greenup County Kentucky Saturday. With 9 wins, including a 3 game winning streak heading into the draw, Waverly may just get a better seed.
I agree. Waverly could jump to the 5 seed with 3 wins this week. Its going to be interesting how it shakes out.

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Post by Been B&B »

I think you are giving Unioto too much credit. Who have they beaten? They lost to Greenfield, Adena, and Washington, I believe. How could they be a number 4? Wouldn't Greenfield get that nod based upon the tougher schedule and only a couple of wins less. Also Waverly with their record, have they beaten a D-2 school? You are right it is going to be interesting. Washington beat Miami Trace once (MT didn't have their all-conference player) by one point at WCH. Then Trace beat them by two at MT. WCH hit 4 threes in the last two minutes to make in close. Sort that out. I can't wait for Sunday evening to see how it all shakes out.

lebasketball
Riding the Bench

Post by lebasketball »

Been B&B,

Waverly has beaten Washington CH. I would venture to say that teams like Oak Hill and South Webster Although not division 2 are much better than a lot of division 2 teams.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Chillicothe just flat out blew out Washington court house. Cavs up by 28 in the 4th when they emptied their bench. Ended up winning by 19. If wch is as high a seed as some say, then maybe teams better not overlook the cavs

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

The Southeastern Sectional probably has more parody than we have seen in the last 10 years. From the dominance of a few programs like Greenfield and Chilly to the coaches struggling to seed this year. It is an open Sectional. the games should be competitive and I would not bet on who goes to the CONVO.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

As well as Chillicothe is playing right now, the Cavaliers could make a good case for getting the five seed.

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Post by Been B&B »

I agree... Chilli is probably as good as Unioto who lost to Adena. I would love to see that matchup again(Chilli-Unioto) I think Chilli is the best team with a losing record in the sectional right now. They just handled Court House by 20 and WCH should be at least a three seed. I could see Chilli at a five right now. (Waverly also beat WCH by 1 or two the first game of the year.) Chilli's playing a whole lot better right now.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

My prediction of the seedings:

Athens DII DISTRICT

Logan Sectional

Warren
Athens
Vinton Co
Sheridan
Logan Elm
Fairfield Union
New Lexngton
Gallia Academy
Marietta

Southeastern Sectional

Fairland
Miami Trace
Unioto
Washington CH
Chillicothe
McClain
Circleville
Waverly
Hillsboro
Jackson

Logan Sectional should be fairly straight forward except 7,8,9. Southeastern is anybody's guess.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Don't see Unioto that high. Don't see Chillicothe slotted against an SCOL opponent, especially after what they did to WCH.

Voting breakdown

SCOL 4
SEOAL 2 (with Chillicothe going to SCOL next year)
MSL 1
SVC 1
SOC 1
OVC 1

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

I believe Court House beat Unioto this year. Would make no sense to seed them higher. In all likelihood, Unioto and Chilly will probably go 4/5. This weekend's games will determine who goes 6-9. Waverly has two games against weak opponents, Circleville has LE (whom they already beat), McClain has WCH, and Hillsboro has Madison Plains. Waverly would have the inside track to the 6 based on their schedule.

Return to “Boys Basketball”