Riding the Bench

Fairfield-leesburg vs peebles 1/18

Post by white thunder »

Thoughts? Predictions?

Lightle04
SE

Re: Fairfield-leesburg vs peebles 1/18

Post by Lightle04 »

I like the Indians in this one should be a nice game.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Peebles by 10

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Fairfield by 9. Peebles barely beat a weak Ripley team. Peebles needs a good bounce back game. Hopefully for their sake they can knock off a solid Fairfield squad. Would be a good win for the Indians.

PHStide
Waterboy

Post by PHStide »

Peebles by 10

Fairfield can not handle the 1-2 punch of Justice and Arey. Has Fairfield ever beaten Peebles @ Peebles ?

I think the near loss to Ripley was a lack of focus (looking forward to the game with Ironton).

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

PHStide wrote:Peebles by 10

Fairfield can not handle the 1-2 punch of Justice and Arey. Has Fairfield ever beaten Peebles @ Peebles ?

I think the near loss to Ripley was a lack of focus (looking forward to the game with Ironton).
Yes Fairfield has beaten Peebles at Fairfield, I'm not 100% of the latest win, but I know at least in 2005 or 2006 when Peebles was 2-19 it would have happened.

Peebles does have a nice 1-2 punch but there is very little punch from anyone else and Fairfield is really balanced. As long as Justice and Arey get 20-30 a piece I am sure Peebles will be just fine. Peebles did I have a nice showing against Ironton. I guess it depends which team shows up, the one who played Ripley? or the one who played Ironton?

................................and that my friends, is the UGLYTRUTH!

peeblesportsfan1391
Riding the Bench

Post by peeblesportsfan1391 »

I love when people get on here and comment about games they didn't see, and make their analysis of a game simply based on the final score. First off Ripley is not a "weak" team. Are the the best team in the SHAC? NO. Not by any means. But Ripley year in and year out for the most part is a team that you can expect to play you hard, and is a game you make sure you don't want to overlook especially when playing at Ripley (which in my opinion is one of the hardest places in the league to play at). Now on to talking about this Peebles team. This Peebles team is one of the best I have ever seen at being to play through and overcome adversity. Its hard to go on the road, have 10 fouls called on you before the 1st quarter is even over and win a ball game. Not to mention to be down on the road 19 by the end of the first quarter and 21 at one point in the second quarter and come back and win a game. Now some of you mention Peebles not having anything outside of Arey and Justice 1-2 punch combo, but if you would have looked closer into this game and the games that have followed Peebles has had some added dimensions, including in this game 19 pts and 10 rebounds by Mason Johnson, and more recently a 15 pt, 7 reb, and 4 ast contribution by Matthew McAdow in Peebles game against Southeastern this past Tuesday Night. One thing Peebles has seemed to learn since that flat performance and showing against North Adams in the McDonald's Holiday Tourney, is that they are going to have to have other players step up and provide strong roles in the Peebles Game Plan. And for anyone who has watched some of Peebles more recent games, you will see that some of the other players are really stepping into their roles well, and helping make Peebles a much better all around team. All of that being said, I feel that Fairfield has a pretty decent ball club, and feel that this will be a hard well fought game by both teams. I look for Peebles role players to play well and keep this game close, and for Arey and Justice to tip the scale in favor of the Indians.

Peebles by around 7 or 9

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

peeblesportsfan1391 wrote:I love when people get on here and comment about games they didn't see, and make their analysis of a game simply based on the final score. First off Ripley is not a "weak" team. Are the the best team in the SHAC? NO. Not by any means. But Ripley year in and year out for the most part is a team that you can expect to play you hard, and is a game you make sure you don't want to overlook especially when playing at Ripley (which in my opinion is one of the hardest places in the league to play at). Now on to talking about this Peebles team. This Peebles team is one of the best I have ever seen at being to play through and overcome adversity. Its hard to go on the road, have 10 fouls called on you before the 1st quarter is even over and win a ball game. Not to mention to be down on the road 19 by the end of the first quarter and 21 at one point in the second quarter and come back and win a game. Now some of you mention Peebles not having anything outside of Arey and Justice 1-2 punch combo, but if you would have looked closer into this game and the games that have followed Peebles has had some added dimensions, including in this game 19 pts and 10 rebounds by Mason Johnson, and more recently a 15 pt, 7 reb, and 4 ast contribution by Matthew McAdow in Peebles game against Southeastern this past Tuesday Night. One thing Peebles has seemed to learn since that flat performance and showing against North Adams in the McDonald's Holiday Tourney, is that they are going to have to have other players step up and provide strong roles in the Peebles Game Plan. And for anyone who has watched some of Peebles more recent games, you will see that some of the other players are really stepping into their roles well, and helping make Peebles a much better all around team. All of that being said, I feel that Fairfield has a pretty decent ball club, and feel that this will be a hard well fought game by both teams. I look for Peebles role players to play well and keep this game close, and for Arey and Justice to tip the scale in favor of the Indians.

Peebles by around 7 or 9
First of all, Ripley has been playing much better as of late and seems to be putting it together as of late, and Ripley is normally a competitive team. Not once did I argue any of those points. But to say that up to this point Ripley has not been one of the weaker teams in the SHAC doesn't make a lot of sense. Now that being said there is no reason Ripley can't change that. I assume you could call Ripley one of the hardest places to play, but you could say the same about Eastern, Fayetteville, Whiteoak, or North Adams. I for one saw the game and am not basing any opinions on a score alone. I am glad that Peebles has another kid stepping up, that would be huge for them! But my comment was based solely on a post about a 1-2 punch and I think it is pretty obvious Fairfield has the depth/talent advantage after Justice/Arey and WIlliams out of the picture who IMO is near the same level as Justice and Arey. As I said earlier it depends which Peebles team shows up, the Ironton peebles, or the Ripley Peebles and as long as Justice and Arey go for 20-30 each this should be a hard fought game.
This would be a solid win for both clubs. You pretty much confirmed every thing I said earlier and I don't disagree with anything you said. I think you were pretty quick to jump on the defensive when I was pretty much just stating the facts.

I'm going to change my prediction a little due to your convincing argumentative post. ;-)

Faitfield by 7

......................and that my friends, is the UGLY TRUTH!!!!!!!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

ugly,
what exactly makes these gyms hard to play in? 84x50 and 10ft baskets. in my opinion great supporting fans make a gym hard to play in. when the crowd is going crazy and the players can't hear each other much less the coach that is a tough environment.
that is where those old cracker jack gyms were worth some points.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

sparky wrote:ugly,
what exactly makes these gyms hard to play in? 84x50 and 10ft baskets. in my opinion great supporting fans make a gym hard to play in. when the crowd is going crazy and the players can't hear each other much less the coach that is a tough environment.
that is where those old cracker jack gyms were worth some points.
Agree completely. Thats why I said you can say the same thing about those other places. North Adams old gym was a good example in the 90's. The fans do have a lot to do with it! Whiteoak has been a tough place to play in the past. Feels like the fans are on top of you. Fayetteville can be tough. Seems like there is always one guy in the crew who you have never seen before and just doesnt seem to know what is going on! and CNE has a 94 foot floor.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

JV Halftime Peebles 30 - Fairfield 12

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles JV 51 - Fairfield JV 40 final

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Varsity 1st Peebles 8 - Fairfield 12. Beau Justice leading Peebles with 4pts.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Varsity Halftime Peebles 33 - Fairfield 26. Very balanced game so far. Beau leads Peebles with 16pts and Trent is close behind with 13. Both guys were scoring pretty much every time they touched the ball in the second quarter. Williams leads Fairfield with 11pts. It's been fun watching him and Trent go back and forth. We need other guys to step up though. We have scored 4pts beyond our duo.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

After 3 Peebles 50 - Fairfield 44. Up and down quarter. Peebles got down by six real quick then pulled right back out front after McAdow went on a streak scoring 5pts straight points.

Peebles scoring:
Arey 15
McAdow 14
Justice 21

FF:
Williams 16
#24 6
Montgomery 11

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Varsity final Peebles 68 - Fairfield 66. Very good game tonight. It came down to the final seconds. Fairfield gave it everything they had to try to make a final push. Good win for the Indians!

Final scoring top 3

Peebles:

Justice 25
Arey 23
McAdow 16

Fairfield:

Williams 23
Montgomery 15
Bates 12
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PHStide
Waterboy

Post by PHStide »

Great game tonight by two very good teams.

Peebles played as close to a perfect game as you'll ever see.

50% from the field
100%. From the free throw line
Only 5 turnovers in a very aggressive game.

One of the best games I've seen in a long time.

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Post by Been B&B »

Peebles is very well coached. I am an outsider looking in but he has a great personality to work with kids.

Return to “Boys Basketball”