Southern @ Eastern 12/14

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Southern @ Eastern 12/14

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Thoughts? (im sure there are plenty so lets hear it)

Super trooper
All State

Re: Southern @ Eastern 12/14

Post by Super trooper »

Pullins should be back which will help Easterm tremendously

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Agreed. rivalry game, anything can happen

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

I was told from a very reliable source in Iggle country that he and cook are out for at least another week also heard one of their guards are also out as well. Whats in the water down there at Eastern that makes like 3 or 4 injuries this year? If he doesnt play Eastern might as well not even show up they have no chance inside

loving life
Waterboy

Post by loving life »

Talked with the Pullins boys mom and she said he will hopefully being playing depending on what the coach does. From what I seen they could have really used him the last few games.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Must be a reoccurance of C8 lol

On a serious note, When it comes to a game like this, anything can happen. just depends on whos hot and whos not, a few big momentum changing plays here and there can make a huge difference in a game. Being a Southern alum, i hope they come with their heads on straight and focus on the task at hand, deffinitely not a team that should be over looked. Best of luck Southern.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Teams are pretty evenly matched. Not sure Southern who has anyone that can guard Carnahan. On the other hand Drummer will be a tough matchup for Eastern, even with Pullins back

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Just dont think Drummer has reached his full potential yet, but when he does, he will be fine. Eastern not having the other players puts a lot more pressure on Carnahan

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard Retro 92.1 FM and online at www.wyvk.com.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

So sounds like my sources was wrong, if the Pullins boy is healthy the coach would have to be an idiot not to start him, hes there only chance. With that being said I'm taking southern in a beat down 68-50. Too much purple and gold for the poor eagles.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Pullins is back. Eastern will win

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

I think if Cook was able to play in this game, id say it would be an even matchup.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I'd love to just see Eastern go a game without a player getting a technical

MeigsCountyGuy
Waterboy

Post by MeigsCountyGuy »

That shows a lack of discipline by the coaching staff.

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Super Trooper wrote:I'd love to just see Eastern go a game without a player getting a technical
MeigsCountyGuy wrote:That shows a lack of discipline by the coaching staff.
I cant beleeve Howdy Caldwell lets that crap go on.

mojo
Waterboy

Post by mojo »

Super Trooper wrote:Teams are pretty evenly matched. Not sure Southern who has anyone that can guard Carnahan. On the other hand Drummer will be a tough matchup for Eastern, even with Pullins back
Tristen Wolfe is a tenacious defender & very capable of guarding Carnahan , that being said I dont think anyone will completely shut Carnahan down . If they can hold him to 20 pts or less Southern wins .

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

Looks like The Dog is back to posting. LOL I heard he was quite the pretender and didn't even play any bball. LOL

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

mojo wrote:
Super Trooper wrote:Teams are pretty evenly matched. Not sure Southern who has anyone that can guard Carnahan. On the other hand Drummer will be a tough matchup for Eastern, even with Pullins back
Tristen Wolfe is a tenacious defender & very capable of guarding Carnahan , that being said I dont think anyone will completely shut Carnahan down . If they can hold him to 20 pts or less Southern wins .

Giving up 20 points isn't tenacious defense.

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

George Jones wrote:Looks like The Dog is back to posting. LOL I heard he was quite the pretender and didn't even play any bball. LOL
No shame not gettin no playin time when Wolf, Wolf, Brown, Rees, Beegel, Fredreek and them boys was a playin. But Carl dint let no boys get no technicals back then neether.

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

Fred G. Sanford wrote:
mojo wrote:

Giving up 20 points isn't tenacious defense.

Tristen Wolfe will be the best individual defender Carnahan faces this season in my opinion. If Caldwell matches them up(like he should) it will be fun to watch! I say Southern by 15 in this one and Wolfe holds Carnahan to 15 with Max working his butt off to get that many. Drummer will dominate the paint whether Pullins plays or not although him playing would help Eastern.

Return to “Boys Basketball”