Western Basketball

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Western Basketball

Post by WIFAN-22 »

This young Western team still appears to be about a year away from competing with the upper tier teams. We looked our age last night against a more experienced Zane Trace team. The difference was the Beam kid, and our inability to handle him inside. We just do not have the size and length inside. They need to have a short memory, and get ready for their game on Tuesday vs Manchester. The great thing about this team is you can see them growing up on the floor. They looked much better in the second half, but the damage was done. The hustle is there, and they are responding well to Coach Jordan. Looking forward to watching this young team compete. Keep working hard Indians. Rome wasn't built in a day.

theburgtheword
Varsity

Re: Western Basketball

Post by theburgtheword »

I believe that the Beam kid is their only starter returning from a 10-12 team last year. ZT does have some young kids that will be pretty good and should improve some on that record this year.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Not a lot of enthusiasm from the bench area for Western. Wonder if they need some new energy to get to the next step in rebuilding.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

I don't even know what that is supposed to mean????? We r young and learning, period.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Larry Legend just kinda chills during the games from what I have seen. I know that is his style, just a observation.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

LOL run off Larry after a year and a game against a team who they were severely overmatched against. Sounds about right for this site.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

danicalifornia wrote:LOL run off Larry after a year and a game against a team who they were severely overmatched against. Sounds about right for this site.
This is Larry's third year, and I never said anything about "running him off". Besides I have no dog in this fight, I was only suggesting that perhaps this young group of players needs a little more presence on the sideline, up and about, instructing, etc. Larry Jordan is clearly one of the best coaches in the area, no disputing that, I was just making conversation. Best of luck to the Indians.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

This is Larry's second year. He has not worked with most of these young men until this year. We are definately not ready to run him off. This group has suffered the past several years from poor coaching, and it is taking Larry a little longer, being that they are all young is effecting us also. I believe last years team would have gotten beat by 40 plus Saturday night. These kids are scrappy, and have a desire to get better. We just need time. Come back and see us half way through the season, and I think you will notice a big difference.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

The young Indians lost a very winnable game tonight vs Manchester. We MUST get tougher inside. We allowed a very average player dominate inside from start to finish. We also had way too many to's. We need some other players to step up here. I believe in this team, and look forward to the game when everything comes together. We have Clay on Friday. Lets regroup Indians.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Does anyone know if Fite will be able to play Friday? We could have used him inside last night. Our guards are going to have to rebound on Friday, and Saturday if Fite doesn't return. We played a lot of small ball last night. Don't know how effective that's going to be. Any thoughts on Clay, and Peebles games this weekend?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

IndianFan4life wrote:Does anyone know if Fite will be able to play Friday? We could have used him inside last night. Our guards are going to have to rebound on Friday, and Saturday if Fite doesn't return. We played a lot of small ball last night. Don't know how effective that's going to be. Any thoughts on Clay, and Peebles games this weekend?
They can beat Clay. They will lose handily to Peebles.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Confident aren't you? I guess u guys should just stay in Peebles Saturday night, or we will find someone we can hang with. Everyone should get their shots in this year, cuz we won't be so young next year. Lets continue to grow this weekend Western.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

IndianFan4life wrote:Confident aren't you? I guess u guys should just stay in Peebles Saturday night, or we will find someone we can hang with. Everyone should get their shots in this year, cuz we won't be so young next year. Lets continue to grow this weekend Western.
I guess that came off a little harsh. Peebles should win by a good bit however. They return 4 starters and have added a piece or two who didn't play last year.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

No problem Tribe. It's just tough when your young, and rebuilding. It seems that no one respects these young men sometimes. I've read plenty of your posts, and I know you didn't mean anything by it, just frustrated. Good luck to both teams on Saturday....

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Another tough loss for this young team. Can't seem to be able to put a whole game together yet. Too many late turnovers allowed Clay back in the game. These are the games you grow up from, if you have the resolve to learn from your mistakes. Tough game at home tomorrow night against Peebles. Keep working Indians. Indian Pride!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

IndianFan4life wrote:Another tough loss for this young team. Can't seem to be able to put a whole game together yet. Too many late turnovers allowed Clay back in the game. These are the games you grow up from, if you have the resolve to learn from your mistakes. Tough game at home tomorrow night against Peebles. Keep working Indians. Indian Pride!
What time is the Peebles game today? If I can get back from my brother's college game in time I might make the trip to Latham.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

JV game starts at 6 Tribe.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

IndianFan4life wrote:JV game starts at 6 Tribe.
Thanks.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Well we weren't ready for the buzz saw we ran into tonight. Peebles a very good team once again. Justice one of the best shooters from the area hands down. Keep wondering when the lights gonna come on with this young team. We can't seem to get out of our own way sometimes. Keep working hard Indians! It's still early in the season, and we just need to keep improving. You have to take something from each game. Indian Pride!

teamworkwins
Riding the Bench

Post by teamworkwins »

Not sure whats goin on with this team. Another night of learning. I think it's about time for the Indians to take the next step. Probably not goin win these games against stiff competition but the last 2 games were definitely winnable. Western should have won the Clay game at home. I think we need to stop making the excuse of being to young. There are lots of fresh and soph playing in southern ohio including Justice. Time to bear down a get a couple of wins. Very winnable games coming up. Rebounds, limit turnovers and make better passes. Good luck.

Return to “Boys Basketball”