Warren @ Meigs 11/30/12

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Warren @ Meigs 11/30/12

Post by WarriorBlue »

The Warren Warriors are ready to kick off the 2012-13 season as they travel to Meigs HS on Friday to tangle with the Mauraders. Led by sharp shooting juniors Evan French and Reece Patton the Warriors look to start the season with a win. Always a tuff place to play Meigs will will try to knock off the talented Warriors on their home court.
If Warren rebounds and plays defense like they are capable of I see no upset here. Warren has just too many weapons and too much talent for Meigs to get a W.

Super trooper
All State

Re: Warren @ Meigs 11/30/12

Post by Super trooper »

Meigs will be much better this year, but they won't have much risistence against Warren. Meigs is going to press from beginning to finish but Warren won't be phased too much by it I don't think.

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

I was not impressed with the Warriors at the Foundation game against Waterford. Too many quick shots and playing too fancy. Just M.O. Clean it up and play Warren basketball !!
Good job Leffingwell coming off the bench. Played hard, good strong defense , took a charge, hit a couple shots, and checked out and got every rebound that came his way.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Meigs will play mostly guards and rotate 10 guys. Warrens size will be a problem

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Excoach78 wrote:I was not impressed with the Warriors at the Foundation game against Waterford. Too many quick shots and playing too fancy. Just M.O. Clean it up and play Warren basketball !!
Good job Leffingwell coming off the bench. Played hard, good strong defense , took a charge, hit a couple shots, and checked out and got every rebound that came his way.

WOW!! That really all you saw good?? Guess we saw different things. I saw all the kids playing hard playing with Warrior pride. There are a bunch of new faces on this team and it may take them awhile to jell but trust this there is a HUGE amount of talent wearing Blue and whoever wins the District gonna have to beat these kids. What's this "playing fancy" mean? Heck nobody shoots the set shoot anymore. You better call home the 50's want their team back. Get real!!

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Live on Retro 92.1 FM and also online at www.wyvk.com

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

I am curious to see if Warren picks it up some now that the season is starting. I picked Warren as my number 2 team in SEO but they haven't been playing like the number 2. I look for them to pick it up now that the season is starting and get the win. I think Meigs will be improved this year but this will be a tough first game for them.

Bigbadbluefan
Waterboy

Post by Bigbadbluefan »

I saw Warren against Waterford, and I really believe Coach Maddox was searching for different rotation combinations to build a little team chemistry. I see this group doing just fine, with a possible District championship?! Very athletic, but YOUNG! There best 3 players IMO are 2 Juniors and a Soph.!!

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Good Luck Guys!!! Enjoy the ride! I dont care who the three best players are, or the three that play last for all that matters. Its gonna take all of them, and they know it!
Its a team. Its Warren! Just kick back, relax, and enjoy the game. Lifes too short not to.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

SEOAL

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

32, 16, 6 wrote:Good Luck Guys!!! Enjoy the ride! I dont care who the three best players are, or the three that play last for all that matters. Its gonna take all of them, and they know it!
Its a team. Its Warren! Just kick back, relax, and enjoy the game. Lifes too short not to.

Execellent quote!!! Couldn't agree more. This team is very unselfish and share the ball well. They are on a mission and I can't wait to see them crowned District Champion!!!

Bigbadbluefan
Waterboy

Post by Bigbadbluefan »

32, 16, 6 wrote:Good Luck Guys!!! Enjoy the ride! I dont care who the three best players are, or the three that play last for all that matters. Its gonna take all of them, and they know it!
I don't want you to think I don't know it's a TEAM game! Every team has players that stick out more than others, and I simply used my "opinion" of who I think are the "better" players on the TEAM, (than others) in reference to the YOUNG label I used for the future of Warren basketball! I "thought" LeBron James, Wade, and Bosh were the 3 "best" players on the Heat as well.. But I know.. The TEAM won the championship?!

BasketballFan1
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan1 »

Basketball is a team game, However I believe that one or two talented players can control the outcome of the game. I find this true especially at the high school level. As long as there are quality players around the so called STUDS, they will be fine. Talent is king.
Now I am not saying a good solid all around team cant beat a team with one or two stars, because we all know that they can.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

WarriorBlue wrote:

Execellent quote!!! Couldn't agree more. This team is very unselfish and share the ball well. They are on a mission and I can't wait to see them crowned District Champion!!!
whoa Sparky ... you got some hurdles to clear first ... Logan Elm, Athens, Vinton County are lingering in your sectional, let alone the district.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

No disrespect intended, but a blind man can see the obvious. Its so easy to see the best ones. Farmers put the best apples at the top of the basket. It makes them easier to sell. The best cider apples have blemishes. Cider brought 7.00 a gallon this year. (more than gas) whats my point. Lets mention the guys that may not be blessed as much as well as the ones that are.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Bulldog, right you are. Everybody asks why Warren has trouble in the districts. My thought is the teams you mentioned have alot of talent as well. Districts are tough. Still it would be nice to survive and advance.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

93 Bulldog you are right but you must admit they are in the conversation about who will win the district. All the teams you mentioned are talented but I'm sure they hope they don't draw the Warriors. The game Warren plays at Athens January 8th will be a barn burner. Could be a possible preview of that District title I was talking about. More than anything I was trying to be positive. Warren has lost some heartbreakers in the Convo with some mighty talented teams. These kids are working hard and are very aware that Warren has yet to win a district championship but WHY can't it be this team!!!

Go Blue!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I was just reminding ya that our Logan sectional can be brutal ... last year No. 7 seed Athens (11-9) knocked off the No. 2 seed, Logan Elm.
No. 6 seed Fairfield Union had a losing record last year at (9-11) and beat the No. 3 seed Vinton County.
You have a Sheridan team that was (14-6 last year) and made it to the convo with only 2 seniors on the entire roster.
Marietta is no slouch either.
And don't forget Athens, Vinton County and Logan Elm are thought by many to be the teams right there with Warren ...it can be tough up at Jim Myers Gymnasium in February for sure.

That is just the sectional.

if or when a team from Logan gets to the Convo ...

Lets not forget Chillicothe still has Zach Johnson ... Fairland had 6 sophomores and a freshman on their team last year and an outstanding PG in Evan Maddox ... and then you have those teams like Hillsboro or Unioto and of course Waverly, who has some players back that won the district title last year, always lurking.

joe_tornadoe
Freshman Team

Post by joe_tornadoe »

Is there a JV game?

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

93Bulldog wrote:I was just reminding ya that our Logan sectional can be brutal ... last year No. 7 seed Athens (11-9) knocked off the No. 2 seed, Logan Elm.
No. 6 seed Fairfield Union had a losing record last year at (9-11) and beat the No. 3 seed Vinton County.
You have a Sheridan team that was (14-6 last year) and made it to the convo with only 2 seniors on the entire roster.
Marietta is no slouch either.
And don't forget Athens, Vinton County and Logan Elm are thought by many to be the teams right there with Warren ...it can be tough up at Jim Myers Gymnasium in February for sure.

That is just the sectional.

if or when a team from Logan gets to the Convo ...

Lets not forget Chillicothe still has Zach Johnson ... Fairland had 6 sophomores and a freshman on their team last year and an outstanding PG in Evan Maddox ... and then you have those teams like Hillsboro or Unioto and of course Waverly, who has some players back that won the district title last year, always lurking.
So staying in the positive vain, I guess ANY team that survives that gauntlet of southeastern Ohio powerhouses, should be battle tested and poised to make a deep tourney run. Hoops in southeast Ohio this winter will be exciting.

Return to “Boys Basketball”