SEOP Preseason Top 10

run-n-gun
Varsity

SEOP Preseason Top 10

Post by run-n-gun »

All the votes have been counted and there has been a clear Number 1 selected, with two teams hot on their heels. Here is the much anticipated Top 10, voted on by SEOP members.

1. Ironton-179(17)
2. Piketon-135(1)
3. Warren-126
4. Vinton County-81
5. Logan Elm-75
6. Athens-62
7. Minford-59
8. Portsmouth-54
9. Wheelersburg-51
10. Leesburg Fairfield-32

Next up: Sardinia Eastern, Unioto

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Re: SEOP Preseason Top 10

Post by WarriorBlue »

run-n-gun wrote:All the votes have been counted and there has been a clear Number 1 selected, with two teams hot on their heels. Here is the much anticipated Top 10, voted on by SEOP members.

1. Ironton-179(17)
2. Piketon-135(1)
3. Warren-126
4. Vinton County-81
5. Logan Elm-75
6. Athens-62
7. Minford-59
8. Portsmouth-54
9. Wheelersburg-51
10. Leesburg Fairfield-32

Next up: Sardinia Eastern, Unioto
That's a pretty good top 10 list to start with. Lots of good games early.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Vinton County vs Logan Elm at Zane Trace should be a great opener for both.
Leesburg travels to Southeastern in what could be a tough opener.

Unioto did defeat VC 59-52 in last night's foundation game. Both teams looked good when they were able to get into the flow of the game and I thought Jordan Kidd made giant improvements from last year (when he was pretty darn good).

Overall, the list looks pretty good in my eyes, the top 3 could stay those 3 all year. Can't wait for next Friday.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens will play @ CHESAPEAKE ... @ GALLIA ACADEMY ... @ LOGAN ELM ... in the first two weeks

tall order for a group, who had players playing in the regional finals in football 4 days ago.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

93Bulldog,

Could you or one of the other mods please make this thread a sticky?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

no problem

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Ill get involved after a week or so, just cant put a Top Ten together from Pa without seeing some results

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

I'd pick Athens in the TVC, Warren Local in the SEOAL and Chesapeake or Minford in the OVC.

Falconfever
Waterboy

Post by Falconfever »

Jottings wrote:I'd pick Athens in the TVC, Warren Local in the SEOAL and Chesapeake or Minford in the OVC.
Minford is not in the OVC they are in the SOC

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Falconfever wrote:
Jottings wrote:I'd pick Athens in the TVC, Warren Local in the SEOAL and Chesapeake or Minford in the OVC.
Minford is not in the OVC they are in the SOC
But they are so good, they could win the OVC as well ;-)

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

Might want to move Portsmouth and Unioto. This is from pfloyd's thread:
danicalifornia wrote:Just left the Portsmouth/Unioto scrimmage. Unioto won 4 quarters, Portsmouth won 1 and they tied 1. Unioto has much more depth and interior size, but Portsmouth's athleticism is outstanding. Carter struggled from the outside early, but caught fire late. He looks like he's ready to take over as the man for Coach Collins. Levi Porter will be able to stretch out bigs and the pg (#1) is very quick and can knock it down from deep. Portsmouth should have another nice season and will be matchup problems for everyone they play this year.
Unioto looked very good outside of one quarter with a lot of backups in, but was solid on D and Detillion had his way inside.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

What are the big games this week for the top 10 or teams just on the outside?

At the Zane Trace tipoff:
Friday games
Huntington vs Bloom Carroll
Eastern Brown vs Westfall
Vinton County vs Logan Elm
Saturday games
Southeastern vs Alexander
North Adams vs Greenfield McClain
Hillsboro vs Lucasville Valley
Zane Trace vs Wellston

Other games
Leesburg Fairfield at Southeastern- Friday
Portsmouth at South Webster- Friday
Unioto at Madison Plains- Friday

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:Might want to move Portsmouth and Unioto. This is from pfloyd's thread:
danicalifornia wrote:Just left the Portsmouth/Unioto scrimmage. Unioto won 4 quarters, Portsmouth won 1 and they tied 1. Unioto has much more depth and interior size, but Portsmouth's athleticism is outstanding. Carter struggled from the outside early, but caught fire late. He looks like he's ready to take over as the man for Coach Collins. Levi Porter will be able to stretch out bigs and the pg (#1) is very quick and can knock it down from deep. Portsmouth should have another nice season and will be matchup problems for everyone they play this year.
Unioto looked very good outside of one quarter with a lot of backups in, but was solid on D and Detillion had his way inside.
For the sake of perspective.....I dunno if Unioto was missing any of its key players, however the Trojans were without the services of freshman guard Ky're Allison in the scrimmage up there. Hopefully the young Trojans can prove their worth over the course of the season.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

jgordon0315 wrote:
Kentucky Trojan wrote:Might want to move Portsmouth and Unioto. This is from pfloyd's thread:
For the sake of perspective.....I dunno if Unioto was missing any of its key players, however the Trojans were without the services of freshman guard Ky're Allison in the scrimmage up there. Hopefully the young Trojans can prove their worth over the course of the season.
I don't believe that Allison will be a major force in the 4 or 5 spot as a freshman. This is where we will need several others to step up this season.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I can see Portsmouth and Burg dropping off the list early . Then as the season goes on them building momentum with young players learning rolls and climbing back up the list.

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

Yea he won't be in the 4 or 5 however he does rebound and is another scoring threat what also wasn't noted from the scrimmage that if you totaled the quarters the Trojans were +15 or +18

I like the big kid for Unioto he caused the Trojans fits and was great at rebounding and finishing around the basket. What we had also was a very bad outside shooting effort as well as I think the Trojans made around 6 or 7 from 3 out of 50 some attempts. They just weren't falling. Still a week to work on some things and things do need worked on but that's why we play a full season and practice throughout the year to improve. Good list and good luck everyone! Hope every team has an injury free season.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

trojan7 wrote:Yea he won't be in the 4 or 5 however he does rebound and is another scoring threat what also wasn't noted from the scrimmage that if you totaled the quarters the Trojans were +15 or +18

I like the big kid for Unioto he caused the Trojans fits and was great at rebounding and finishing around the basket. What we had also was a very bad outside shooting effort as well as I think the Trojans made around 6 or 7 from 3 out of 50 some attempts. They just weren't falling. Still a week to work on some things and things do need worked on but that's why we play a full season and practice throughout the year to improve. Good list and good luck everyone! Hope every team has an injury free season.
Not that it matters, but the one quarter Portsmouth won(and won by 17) was against Unioto's last 5 guys, while Portsmouth played their top 6 who were there nearly the entire day. I like the small rotation that Coach Collins had to work with and the depth Coach Hoops has to work with as well. Should be a fun season.

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Tri-Scrimmage results:
Last edited by cobbtown on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Tri-Scrimmage results:
Last edited by cobbtown on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Tri-Scrimmage results:

Fairfield beat Racine Southern 19-7
Fairfield over Piketon 23-14
Piketon over Southern 20-2
Southern over Fairfield 13-9
Piketon over Fairfield 11-5
Piketon over Southern 11-6
Fairfield over Southern 19-4