TVC-Ohio/Hocking Predictions

Dundas
SEOPS

TVC-Ohio/Hocking Predictions

Post by Dundas »

This should be an interesting year in the TVC. Both of last years champions had their struggles but managed to hold on down the stretch. The favorites have to be VC and Belpre but as we all know, anything can and will happen! 30 days from the start! Who's your winner? Who's your sleeper? Who will struggle? Lets here it!

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Re: TVC-Ohio/Hocking Predictions

Post by WarriorBlue »

In the Ohio Division Vinton Co has to be the odds on favorite. Kidd will be a load for anybody to guard and Combs will make sure the Vikings are ready.
In the Hocking Belpre will be everybody's pick but I don't think they have enough depth since they won't sneak up on anybody this season. My pick is Federal Hocking. If what I saw this summer holds true come Febuary the Lancers will be champions.
Last edited by WarriorBlue on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

your killing me Dundas ... I'm still stuck in football mode here buddy ... I'll have to check back in next week.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

IMO Them Vikes will be hard to stop this year. Big injury from football may slow them down but I still think we will win TVC. Also got to roll with Dundas for the Hocking side. Watch out for them Eagles.

Wakawakawaka
Waterboy

Post by Wakawakawaka »

For the ohio division I have to give it to VC, they have a dominant group of kids year in and out, but this group is something special.
2. Athens, the young team may take a while to heat up, but the young ones can play with the best of them
3. Meigs, resurgent year, they will be very happy with the season
4 Alex. A solid team, key players need to step up
5 Wellston, I have a feeling this wont be wellstons best year, but they will fight.
6. NY, crippled by Injuries, outsized, however they are my sleeper, I could see them shooting up to 4 maybe even 3.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

WarriorBlue wrote:In the Ohio Division Vinton Co has to be the odds on favorite. Kidd will be a load for anybody to guard and Combs will make sure the Vikings are ready.
In the Hocking Belpre will be everybody's pick but I don't think they have enough depth since they won't sneak up on anybody this season. My pick is Federal Hocking. If what I saw this summer holds true come Febuary the Lancers will be champions.
I agree with you 100%. Fed is going to be much better this year than last, and Howie is moving past the honeymoon phase and instilling his will here (not that he didn't before :122245 ). I haven't said this for six years. I like Fed to be one of the top teams, either division, in the TVC. :122246 ;-)

DukeBlueDevils
Waterboy

Post by DukeBlueDevils »

Wakawakawaka wrote:For the ohio division I have to give it to VC, they have a dominant group of kids year in and out, but this group is something special.
2. Athens, the young team may take a while to heat up, but the young ones can play with the best of them
3. Meigs, resurgent year, they will be very happy with the season
4 Alex. A solid team, key players need to step up
5 Wellston, I have a feeling this wont be wellstons best year, but they will fight.
6. NY, crippled by Injuries, outsized, however they are my sleeper, I could see them shooting up to 4 maybe even 3.
Wellston will fight but they will be better than you think. They will have a pretty good 1-2 punch with the Ousley kid and the transfer from Indiana who can play. I suspect the Rockets will be right in the hunt with VC and Athens if they play to there potential.

motox21
Waterboy

Post by motox21 »

I feel Belpre will be high caliber again this but word on the street is Ullman to transfer to Marietta

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

Both Trimble boys and girls will suffer again........COACHING problems!

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

motox21 wrote:I feel Belpre will be high caliber again this but word on the street is Ullman to transfer to Marietta
NO WAY EVER! To many ties to the current coach.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Fed should win the hocking. Vinton in the Ohio. Meigs as a dark horse in the Ohio. The hocking will be competitive but not at a very high level

motox21
Waterboy

Post by motox21 »

WarriorBlue wrote:
motox21 wrote:I feel Belpre will be high caliber again this but word on the street is Ullman to transfer to Marietta

I'm Just stating what I've heard. My source is Jake Ullman's own twitter page. Either he is trying to stir something up to make people think he is or there is something else going on here.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

motox21 wrote:
WarriorBlue wrote:

I'm Just stating what I've heard. My source is Jake Ullman's own twitter page. Either he is trying to stir something up to make people think he is or there is something else going on here.

If he is transferring he must be planning on sitting out this season.
Last edited by Golfer101 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

Howie will soon dominate the Hocking Division. Largest school in the league, and they are smart enough to let him hire his own refs. I would hate to be a Hocking team going to Stewart to play. Might as well stay home and get some rest rather than enter the Oven and get spanked. :12224

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Steely Dan wrote:
WarriorBlue wrote:In the Ohio Division Vinton Co has to be the odds on favorite. Kidd will be a load for anybody to guard and Combs will make sure the Vikings are ready.
I agree with you 100%. Fed is going to be much better this year than last, and Howie is moving past the honeymoon phase and instilling his will here (not that he didn't before :122245 ). I haven't said this for six years. I like Fed to be one of the top teams, either division, in the TVC. :122246 ;-)
I agree that VC should win The Ohio But it wont come easy. Athens and that team to our south will be tough to beat they always are. I'm taking Belpre on the Hocking side with Fed giving them all they can handdle. Gonna be a good race to Watch.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Watched Athens plow through the Jackson summer league this past June, I know three starters are still playing football, but from what I saw last summer, Coach Skinner has a tough bunch to beat.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

The late start will hurt Athens but I am still going to take them to edge out Vinton Co. I would think Fed Hock would be the favorite to win the Hocking now but I think Belpre will still be pretty good.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hopper 11 wrote:The late start will hurt Athens but I am still going to take them to edge out Vinton Co. I would think Fed Hock would be the favorite to win the Hocking now but I think Belpre will still be pretty good.
Athens still has four players playing tonight on the gridiron, possibly 3 starters (Burrow, Leuhrman, Leuhrman) and Jed Debruin also plays basketball ... I'm not sure they can even play in the preview Friday (IF WE LOSE TONIGHT - WHO KNOWS - WE COULD WIN AND THEN THE PLAYERS will be out even longer)

But I got word that Athens looked pretty good in their scrimmage versus Piketon even without the players mentioned above ... Center Jared Elmore has lost a lot of weight and looks like he could have a big year, Sawer Summerrs has worked hard in the off season as well ... besides those two seniors - you could see a VERY YOUNG Bulldogs team this year ... two freshmen played lot of versus Piketon (Ibi Watson and Zacchia Saltzman) - plus the trio of sohphomores playing football .... its very possible all five could be on the floor at the same time during the season - if the situation calls for it.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Caldwell vs. Belpre scrimmage this morning was about as even as it could get. Belpre is physical and well coached despite not having Ullman. Their big kids play strong. Believe the 6 quarters played were split and each quarter was within a basket or so either way. The officials did not show up so it was pretty physical and chippy. It was great for our young guys to have to deal with a really physical game situation. Apologies to the Belpre team for the officials not showing up today. Best of luck to the Eagles and coaches Thornhill and Engle this winter.

Return to “Boys Basketball”