Zane Trace Tip-Off Classic Nov 30- Dec 1...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Zane Trace Tip-Off Classic Nov 30- Dec 1...

Post by pfloyd »

... It's "official" basketball season is upon us - I know, I know it's just conditioning BUT in my book the sooner we can start hoops season Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line the better! ... the committee of one -me - did some digging and found the "menu" of games for the first stop of the Pfloyd Tour 2012-13 ... The Zane Trace TipOff Classic at Zane Trace High School Friday November 30th and Saturday December 1st ...

Friday November 30th

5 pm ... Bloom Carroll vs Huntington HS
6:45 pm ... Eastern Brown vs Westfall
8:15 pm ... Logan Elm vs Vinton County

... wow!!! what a great lineup of games for opening night !!!

Saturday December 1st

11am ... (girls) Alexander vs Zane Trace

12:45pm ... (boys) Alexander vs Southeastern Ross
2:30 pm ... (girls) Adena vs North Adams
4:15pm ... (boys) North Adams vs Greenfield McClain
( concession time)

... evening menu ...

6pm ... Hillsboro vs Lucasville Valley
7:45pm ... Wellston vs Zane Trace HS

... The Zane Trace Tip-Off Classic is ALWAYS the Pfloyd Tour's first stop every year - a great opportunity to see top teams Below the Line all in the same venue ... this year is no exception -outstanding lineup of teams, great coaches and what should be some even better early season match ups ... the Tip Off Classic is run by a great group of folks at ZTHS ... looking forward to seeing many of the SEOP's faithful in the stands both Friday Night/Saturday ( I'm smiling just posting about this opening of the 2012-13 High School Hoops Campaign ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Zane Trace Tip-Off Classic Nov 30- Dec 1...

Post by 93Bulldog »

AWESOME TO SEE YOU POST - AND GEARED UP FOR HOOPS SEASON, FLOYD!!!

I usually don't take in the ZT classsic - only been their once - but that Vinton County/Logan Elm game looks intriguing.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93dog!!! look at that Friday night 8:15pm matchup !!! Logan Elm vs Vinton Co !!! Coach Stiverson's Braves vs Coach Combs' Vikings !!! this one is worth the price of admission by itself ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LOL ... 93dog you know hoops season ALWAYS gives me a boost of adrenalin! I have to keep planning what I "usually" do - hoops is it !!! gives me something positive to look forward to ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:LOL ... 93dog you know hoops season ALWAYS gives me a boost of adrenalin! I have to keep planning what I "usually" do - hoops is it !!! gives me something positive to look forward to ...

Your problem is Floyd; you don't get into football ... see, I start in August - and the adrenalin doesn't end until the last game at the Convo ... lol ... you need to get on that schedule my friend.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan Elm players to watch for in the lineup include :

Dillon Young (jr) Mr. 3-pointer
Cory Heeter (jr)
Waylon Artrip (jr)

... will definitely have to get to opening night to see where the size is going to come from for LE ...

Vinton County players to watch in the lineup include :

Jordan Kidd (sr) will be special his senior year mark it down
Owings "squared" - Alex Owings (jr)/Bryce Owings (sr) ... a pair of scrappier ballplayers you won't find ... Bryce played in the paint ALL of last season - amazing
Matt Smallwood (sr)
LB Remy (sr) likes the outside look but has the body to be a force on the boards ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I used to do football BIG time - napkin stats, the whole nine yards ... really enjoyed it - I remember hanging out with 93dog, Locos, Ironman02 at some great games at Athens, Jackson, Hillsboro, Logan ... it was good times ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Bloom Carroll vs Huntington ...

BC lost only 2 seniors from last seasons BIG TIME squad (albeit AJ Ireland being a big loss) BUT the cupboard is far from empty :

6-11 Isaac McGlone (sr)
Joey Schmitz (jr)
AJ James (sr)

... being the nucleus for the Bulldogs ...

Huntington will sport a excellent backcourt duo :

Brice Vickers (sr)
Jacob Kellough (jr)

Brian Hall 6-4 (jr)

... will be looking to see how much improvement Elija Shanks (6-5) has made since last March ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Eastern Brown (Coach Beucler) vs Westfall

Eastern Brown/Coach Beucler - one of those TEAMS you have to see at least once during the regular season ... great TEAM defense, offense ... one of the few teams I have watched that runs their offense to get the open 2 POINTER at the elbow ... great TEAM to watch as you will smile the entire game thinking to yourself "now THAT'S the way basketball SHOULD be played" ...

Chase Lawson 6-3 (sr) all world player for EB ...great talent
Nathan Scott 6-3 (jr)
Josh Boudreau 6-0 (sr)
Riley Prine
Gunner Pollitt
Curtis Burns

vs

Westfall ... WHS lost only 2 seniors after last season ...

AJ Kaznerezak
Cody See
Doug Hardin 6-5+
Jon Thomas
Alex Sartin 6-6+
Alek Stonerock ??? not sure if he graduated or not

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:LB Remy (sr) likes the outside look but has the body to be a force on the boards
Word is Floyd - L.B. lost a bunch of weight and looks really good (he may not be that force on the boards you speak of though) ... I heard he's much quicker and it probably wasn't a bad idea with some of the knee problems he has had.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VC vs LE! What a way to kick off the season! I've wanted this regular season match up for years.. I'm glad to see the new ad made it happen!

Along with the names previously mentioned.. keep your eyes out for a couple freshman that may get some playing time this winter. Also, I haven't heard anything lately on Smallwood. He was injured in the pre season and may not be back for the start of hoops.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Pfloyd,

You are missing one game from the schedule: On Saturday at 4:15pm, the North Adams boys will take on Greenfield.

Glad to see you on here. Hope to see you at ZT

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dundas wrote:Also, I haven't heard anything lately on Smallwood. He was injured in the pre season and may not be back for the start of hoops.
You actually have a PRE SEASON out in McArthur??? lol

No wonder you kick our butt in that first league game - we're just now getting to the heart of the football season ...

:mrgreen:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

93Bulldog wrote:
Dundas wrote:Also, I haven't heard anything lately on Smallwood. He was injured in the pre season and may not be back for the start of hoops.
You actually have a PRE SEASON out in McArthur??? lol

No wonder you kick our butt in that first league game - we're just now getting to the heart of the football season ...

:mrgreen:
Football pre season dog! And we kick your butts in the first game because you all insist on making those playoffs in football every year :) btw, I hope you guys go DEEP this year ;)

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

This is always fun to go to. But, why is there such a break on Saturday? Almost 2 hours.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

KrAm wrote:This is always fun to go to. But, why is there such a break on Saturday? Almost 2 hours.
As stated in a previous post, the 4:15pm game was left off pfloyd's schedule.

North Adams (boys) will play Greenfield

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

Sorry, read over that.

Thank you

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote:Eastern Brown (Coach Beucler) vs Westfall

Eastern Brown/Coach Beucler - one of those TEAMS you have to see at least once during the regular season ... great TEAM defense, offense ... one of the few teams I have watched that runs their offense to get the open 2 POINTER at the elbow ... great TEAM to watch as you will smile the entire game thinking to yourself "now THAT'S the way basketball SHOULD be played" ...

Chase Lawson 6-3 (sr) all world player for EB ...great talent
Nathan Scott 6-3 (jr)
Josh Boudreau 6-0 (sr)
Riley Prine
Gunner Pollitt
Curtis Burns

vs

Westfall ... WHS lost only 2 seniors after last season ...

AJ Kaznerezak
Cody See
Doug Hardin 6-5+
Jon Thomas
Alex Sartin 6-6+
Alek Stonerock ??? not sure if he graduated or not

Stonerock is a senior this season. Not sure if he's playing, but if he is, a 6'5 kid who can score and rebound will be big for Coach Carson's 1st team. 6'4 Bobby Staten may have grown even more to go with the other bigs, but I'd look for him to be the one guarding Lawson if they go man. Replacing Derek Robertson will be very tough, but they have a bunch of athletes. Coach Carson will have whoever is out ready, especially with having a vast knowledge of the Warriors style of play.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

socfan - thank you for filling in the missing game ... I got the information from the ZT Sports Schedule I must have overlooked the 4:15pm game or my bifocals need upped to trifocals LOL ... KrAm I too was wondering why there was such a gap in time when I posted it, I also questioned why Greenfield wasn't playing because they like Logan Elm have participated in the ZT TipOff seemingly every year which should have been a hint to me that I had left a game out ... all is corrected now - great kickoff for the 2012-13 season ...

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

I am looking forward to being there to possibly be doing some early season scouting :122249

Return to “Boys Basketball”