Washington County Basketball

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Washington County Basketball

Post by EasternDspy »

1.Warren- They are loaded with talent.Hall is going to be a beast. 2.Belpre- Ullman,Therioult,Leasure,and Hoffman make this team a district contender. 3.Fort Frye - Nice combo of Chandler Lang and Shon Smith... 4.Marietta to be honest don't know a lot about them-Jordan Satterfield. 5.Frontier- Should be better maybe 7-15 6.Waterford not very talented.Look out for Ginther boys.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Re: Washington County Basketball

Post by WarriorBlue »

1. Warren Warriors - With easily the best coach in the county and led by the trifecta of Evan French, Reece Patton and Michael Hall, the Warriors will be very explosive offensively. With a good core group of seniors, this team will be very capable of beating teams various different ways. The Warriors are hungry and ready to take that next step towards that elusive district title.

2. Fort Frye - Shouldn't miss a beat with the new coach. A veteran group that knows how to win. I look for the Cadets to be in contention for an East District title. The FF- Warren game on December 4th should be a good one.

3. Marietta - The Tigers lost some really nice player in Williams but the coach has his system going and over the summer they looked to be a strong defensive team with some decent size inside. Playing in the SEOAL should toughen them up for Washington County League action.

4. Belpre - Won't sneak up on anybody this year and that will be a huge disadvantage. Last year senior Drew Nestor provided coverage for the other young scorers as well as the defensive stopper. Playing in what many call the weakest basketball conference in Ohio, the TVC Hocking, will allow them to win 14 or 15 games but advancing past sectional play unless they play another TVC Hocking school, in very unlikely.

5. Waterford - Ginther I hear is a nice player but I know the Cats fans are wishing DJ Cunningham had some eligibility left.

6. Frontier -

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Frontier returns most of the team that beat Waterford. 4 Starters- Jordan Jefferson 3 yr Starter ppg drop as a JR to 9.6.He cleans up the boards nicely.Eddie Salazar quick defensive guard.Tayler Merckle 7 ppg 8 rpg pretty decent big. Jay Eddy nice perimeter game. Drew Schediner only Jr starter is a nice ball handler.Another nice Waterford player in Austin Shriver.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Just a league of Washington County teams would be a fun league to watch and nice and close great 4 gas mileage lol

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Marietta won't play Fort Frye they are scared...FF wants Marietta but was told they were 2 small to schedule yet Marietta scheduled D4 Frontier BOO

ccccc
Waterboy

Post by ccccc »

Warren- with the largest enrollment in the county they are the areas best. They also are one of the larger D2 schools in the state (just a dozen or so boys from being D1).They're problem with their poor tourney runs probably have to do with scheduling more than anything. Schools their size that do well in the tourney, play quite a few D1 schools. warren does play quality teams some years but almost always from a smaller division. Instead of being 18-2 going into the tounament they'd be ahead to be 10-10 against kick ass competition.The only Returnees that I saw down at the convo was the french kid and Patton.Who rounds it out from those two-we shall see.

Fort frye- this really is the class of the county. Just a small country school with a small enrollment and are always sucessful and always competitive.The guard tandem of Shon smith and chandler lang are as good as anybody for a long ways. The Lagrean kid is athletic and long.Regardless of what people say they will miss their coach. You don't win over 400 games and not be missed. Should win the PVC and hopefully make a tourney run.

Belpre-Thornhill and Engle took over a program that was just two short years removed from cancerous kids and parents.The turnaround in one year has been amazing.Marietta,Fort Frye and Warren in previous years would blow belpre out by the half. Last year belpre beat a good Marietta team and lost a close one to Fort frye.Still getting blown out by warren though.Returning 4-5 starters from last year and their sixth man should be an improvment from last year.Non conferencr games will tell just how far Thornhill and Engles squad have come in year two. Right off the bat the battle in the Fort should give an indication.

Marietta- Like warren they lost a bunch. Riley the center should be much improved and satterfield probably will be the point. Other than that I don't know to much about the tigers.

Waterford- Should have three pretty good guards. Will miss their center. Last year had an up and down year. The high was beating fort frye and giving Belpre all they wanted in the season final.They should have a shot at the hocking title.The hocking even though smaller school was the better conference in head to head last year vs the ohio.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

Saw Marietta and Waterford play in Caldwell's shootout over the summer. Don't remember a lot about Marietta, and to be honest wasn't really a good time to judge them. They skipped on the tournament at the end because they just didn't have the legs. Had just finished up a camp the day before. Waterford looked fairly below average. Didn't seem to have a lot of pure basketball talent. Couple athletes, nothing more.

loveofthegame
Riding the Bench

Post by loveofthegame »

Looked up the enrollment numbers for boys (3) grades

Marietta 367

Warren 356

Belpre 145

Fort Frye 128

Frontier 97

Waterford 89

County has shrunk in numbers over the years

Good luck to all teams
Last edited by loveofthegame on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Prayers in Wildcat land as Austin Shriver got compartmant syndrome.

ccccc
Waterboy

Post by ccccc »

Man do I hate to hear that. I had to look up what it was. Hopefully he has a good prognosis as in I hope they diagnosed it early. Why do children have to get sick? There is nothing fair about that, my heart goes out to him and his family.

Return to “Boys Basketball”