River Pilots B-ball 2012

tphelps
Waterboy

River Pilots B-ball 2012

Post by tphelps »

Pilots return everyone but how good will they really be this upcoming season?

GhostOfHomer
Freshman Team

Re: River Pilots B-ball 2012

Post by GhostOfHomer »

Hiland added to the '12 schedule.

chickem hawk 38
Riding the Bench

Post by chickem hawk 38 »

and athens added as well.

chickem hawk 38
Riding the Bench

its gonna be a real nice team i think, top 15 D4 teams in ohio IMO

balla55
Waterboy

Post by balla55 »

Move up in ovac play. Won't make it out of semis. Won't get past fort frye or magnolia

balla55
Waterboy

Post by balla55 »

Fort frye will dominate them as always

chickem hawk 38
Riding the Bench

hahah fort frye will not domiante them, if you do think that your sadly mistaken. price will be $$ cash all day everyday

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

Lang held him down last year, dont see that changing. better depend on your other guards.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

What's Rivers record vs FF since coming to PVC???0-16 1-15.....Win a big game maybe get respect

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

New year, new coach, new team. Fort and River will be very good this year. There is reason for River to be optimistic, they had a great year last year and took Fort to overtime the last time they played. Fort lost two of their four best players and River lost nobody. As for Lang shutting down Price, I could see that. He is the best defender I watched last year. Didn't the Caldwell kid light it up against the Cadets though? Should be a pair of great games this season.

chickem hawk 38
Riding the Bench

prices first year of varsity last year, lang dictated where he went price knows better now, i dont see it happening again. but maybe never know still got caldwell who dropped 27 you should be worried ab him

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Coulda Woulda Shoulda....I think River will be very good but to just assume they are the best team in the league is dumb...This is not algebra just because FF lost 2 players doesn't mean there will be a big drop off.Like I've said before players like Lang can do a lot more then they did last season.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

You base your pre-season picks on who returns what, correct? Based on that it is understandable why people think River will win the league. They didn't have any seniors. On the flip side Fort Frye is always good and they return arguably the best player in the league and without a doubt the best defender too. I agree that Lang will expand his offensive game but to say losing Eddy and Schwendeman won't have an affect makes no sense. Two of the top five deep threats in the whole league and Eddy was very versatile on the defensive side. You don't have anyone outside of Smith/Lang who can come close to replacing that offensive fire power. Does this mean River will automatically win the league? Of course not, I expect Fort to be right there with them. Based on what returns to the court though River is the early favorite.

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

chickem hawk 38 wrote:prices first year of varsity last year, lang dictated where he went price knows better now, i dont see it happening again. but maybe never know still got caldwell who dropped 27 you should be worried ab him
It was Langs first varsity year as well. Price may be better than last year, but Lang is taller, faster, and stronger than last year. So he will be improved as well. As for Fort Frye and the supporting cast, the offense will be weaker, but they will be quicker and better defensively, in a one on one perspective. no way of knowing about the team defense until the season starts. But this is a River thread so i will back off and let you evaluate my comments as you please.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye has been legit during the summer even when they dident have Smith...Ill go 15-7 they play Martin Luther King and Maysville.

tphelps
Waterboy

Post by tphelps »

Think the pilots will have a chip on their shoulder the whole season. They have something to prove and its up to them whether they get better or stay stagnant. They definitely have a chance to end the ff domination of the pvc.....however, lets not have any early coronations here. Their first game against the fort will give us more insight. Let's see what these teams can do....Can't Wait!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Athens is going to be great with stud Joey Burrow.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

Anybody have a schedule for River? I was checking out the ohsaa site, and according to them, they play MC twice in one night, and Caldwell three times. Pretty sure that's not right. lol. Did see they have Hiland and Athens on the schedule though. Should be good games to prepare them for a tourney run.

chickem hawk 38
Riding the Bench

PVC schedule:
FF-2
MC-2
Trail-2
Shendoah-2
Caldwell-2
Frontier-2
Non Conference
Shadyside-2
Bridgeport-2
Magnolia-2
Hiland-1
Athens-1
2 OVAC Games

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye is playing- Parkersburg South,New Lexington,Belpre,Warren 2,Morgan,Waterford 2

Return to “Boys Basketball”