WORTHINGTON CHRISTIAN 53 BLOOM CARROLL 51!!!!!!!!

thill2010
JV Team

WORTHINGTON CHRISTIAN 53 BLOOM CARROLL 51!!!!!!!!

Post by thill2010 »

Bloom Carroll suffers 1st loss of the year in the district final game

Jesco White
S

Re: WORTHINGTON CHRISTIAN 53 BLOOM CARROLL 51!!!!!!!!

Post by Jesco White »

WOW!!!!!!!!!! I really expected BC to be in the Final Four at th Schott this year. Definitely a shocker!!!

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

I did to and Bloom didnt exactly shoot the ball very well tonight

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

sort of a shocker

bballmaniac
Waterboy

Post by bballmaniac »

noreply66 wrote:sort of a shocker
sort of?? Bloom carroll was 23-0 and had won their first 3 tournament games by about 30 points a piece. This was more than just "sort of" a shocker.

clbbig12
Freshman Team

Post by clbbig12 »

Not a big surprise when you play a battle tested like worthington christian. anything can happen in the tournement

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

bballmaniac wrote:
noreply66 wrote:sort of a shocker
sort of?? Bloom carroll was 23-0 and had won their first 3 tournament games by about 30 points a piece. This was more than just "sort of" a shocker.
It is an upset but I dont think anyone would have thought that Worthington winning this game was unreasonable. They have managed 15 wins on the season and played a couple very strong teams in the games they lost like Berlin Hiland, Bishop Watterson, and Hartley.

defenserules
Riding the Bench

Post by defenserules »

This was a BIG upset....True Worthington Christian is a very good team that had played a tough schedule to prepare them for the tournament. But alot of BC people were looking for a trip to the state! I expected them to at least make it to the regional in Bowling Green..... WC took it right to BC from the beginning - playing an 'in your face' physical man-to-man, which is not a style that BC likes to play. As the game wore on and BC couldn't pull away - they finally succumbed to the physical play instead of manning up and pushing back. I thought BC should have picked up the pace and try to wear down WC - but they were happy to walk it up each time.

I don't know what the shooting %'s were - but BC didn't shoot well AT ALL...their leading scorer, senior AJ Ireland was held scoreless (0-6). On the other hand, WC had 2 guys that couldn't miss, especially the big shots that would turn the momentum back in their favor. Also, Ireland got the rebound with 1.5 seconds left and was fouled--------missed the front end - BALLGAME.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

not really much of an upset. When you start playing columbus area teams this far into the tourney, u have to have everything go right to advance. congrats on a great season!

tossithigh
Freshman Team

Post by tossithigh »

qualified101 wrote:not really much of an upset. When you start playing columbus area teams this far into the tourney, u have to have everything go right to advance. congrats on a great season!
Not much of an upset :?: :122246 Bloom #1 seed; WC #6 seed; Bloom #1, 248 pts in AP poll; WC not rank, less then 12 pts in AP poll. Not much of an upset -- is that the same as not much of a loss or not much of a win?? :? An upset is an upset :!: :roll: Congrats to WC on a great win and BC on a great season. By the way when you start playing any teams this far into the tournament you have to win to advance not just have things go right.

Return to “Boys Basketball”