Riding the Bench

Ironton @ Fairland 12/16

Post by ovcfan12 »

Thoughts?

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton @ Fairland 12/16

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

2-3 point game in the 1st quarter; 7-10 point game in the second quarter; Fairland blows it open in the second half...Fairland by 25+

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

This one depends on how it is officiated. If they are allowed to play, Ironton has a chance. They are the more physical team. If it is called closer, then Fairland blows Ironton out. Fairland is outstanding in the transition game as all 5 can run. At home I'll take Fairland by 12.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Fairland names the score

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Does Ironton have an athletic looking 6'4ish kid playing now that was injured during the scrimmage season?

I saw Ironton scrimmage at Jackson and they had some trouble doing things that we are used to seeing Ironton do on the court. They were about even with Jackson but lost quarters to Huntington Ross. They did have two kids with them that didn't play and one was a good size kid so those two could definitely make a difference....regardless they shouldn't stay within 20 of Fairland.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironman92 wrote:Does Ironton have an athletic looking 6'4ish kid playing now that was injured during the scrimmage season?

I saw Ironton scrimmage at Jackson and they had some trouble doing things that we are used to seeing Ironton do on the court. They were about even with Jackson but lost quarters to Huntington Ross. They did have two kids with them that didn't play and one was a good size kid so those two could definitely make a difference....regardless they shouldn't stay within 20 of Fairland.
You may be talking about SO Ryan Bryant who just made his return to the hardwood after an injury. He had 9 points, 14 rebounds and 3 blocked shots in his return vs Wheelersburg Tuesday night. The football program had him listed at 6'5

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Does Ironton have an athletic looking 6'4ish kid playing now that was injured during the scrimmage season?

You may be talking about SO Ryan Bryant who just made his return to the hardwood after an injury. He had 9 points, 14 rebounds and 3 blocked shots in his return vs Wheelersburg Tuesday night. The football program had him listed at 6'5
Thank You...I bet that's him. Sounds like the type of size/talent that would help every team in the district

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

LET'S GO FIGHTING TIGERS. BEAT FAIRLAND.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

End of the 1st
Fairland 24
Ironton 9

5:23 2nd
Fairland 31
Ironton 9

Half
Fairland 47
Ironton 17

End of the 3rd
Fairland 69
Ironton 26

Final
Fairland 81
Ironton 40

Post by osu 77 »

I heard Fairland was good

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

what a shellacking. danggggggggggg. put er behind you fighting tigers and move on.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

get ready for dem blue boys from the French city.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I was not at the game but I heard that Ironton's varsity the second half had their clothes on sitting in the stands behind the bench. I hope this is not true because someone should have there head examine.

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

osu 77 wrote:I was not at the game but I heard that Ironton's varsity the second half had their clothes on sitting in the stands behind the bench. I hope this is not true because someone should have there head examine.
Really? Putting a post like this you might need your head examined. maybe someone did tell you that or maybe you looking to stir the pot regardless why would you post a statement like that based upon something someone told you. That same person told me the ref's caused the loss and cost Ironton 41 points. Gotta be true right. ?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

DMUP wrote:
osu 77 wrote:I was not at the game but I heard that Ironton's varsity the second half had their clothes on sitting in the stands behind the bench. I hope this is not true because someone should have there head examine.
Really? Putting a post like this you might need your head examined. maybe someone did tell you that or maybe you looking to stir the pot regardless why would you post a statement like that based upon something someone told you. That same person told me the ref's caused the loss and cost Ironton 41 points. Gotta be true right. ?
If you were there did it happen that is a very good question? The same person told the refs cost Ironton the game. How would you know such a thing and I still say if what happened above is true then someone should take notice

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

Game day wrote:
DMUP wrote:
If you were there did it happen that is a very good question? The same person told the refs cost Ironton the game. How would you know such a thing and I still say if what happened above is true then someone should take notice
Game Day
Yes I was there before the JV tipped off and left with 3 mins to go in varsity game. So that post and statement is 100% false. Unless all that happened after I left with 3 mins to go. My statement about the refs was a tad bit of sarcasm for the record. If you and OSU believe the comment he posted enough to put it on here or say IF it's true it's a good question ? . This is exactly what's wrong with people. Run your mouth and have no clue if it's true. Who cares if it's true just say it right? Many years ago There use to be a time when fans and parents cheered and allowed the coach to coach. Fairland was fired up Ironton wasn't. Refs did a good job Ironton as a group played like they was beat before the ball was tossed up. I won't be able to make there next matchup. But I believe it will a different ball game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”