District Championship Fairland vs Waverly @The Convo 3/9

onthepitch
Freshman Team

District Championship Fairland vs Waverly @The Convo 3/9

Post by onthepitch »

Should be a great game. The Tigers are going to have to bring an effort better than the last 2. Fairland looks to be a athletic team that will attack the glass. Game comes down to can Waverly get their #2 scorer in the 15 pt range If they can I see Waverly by 5. Your Thoughts??

GO TIGERS!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: District Championship Fairland vs Waverly @The Convo 3/9

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm just glad we have a great game to see Friday night (not real sure the 6:15 game will be that exciting - but I have been proven wrong before) ... Heading into last night - I thought Waverly/Warren would make a great district championship ... After seeing Fairland play - I"m even more excited for a Dragons/Tigers match-up ...

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Warren handled Waverly at convo

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

They wouldn't have last night.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Best of luck to Waverly from your SOC2 rival Valley !!!!

Jump23
Freshman Team

Post by Jump23 »

This game will be very competitive. Might not happen, but I would like to see waverly play an extended zone. Watched the warren vs. Fairland game, although this was the first time I had seen fairland play the majority of their points was off of fast breaks and drives to the rack. Be interesting to see what D both teams play . ?

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Fairland 49 Waverly 48

steppinontoes
Waterboy

Post by steppinontoes »

After watching Fairland last night, I didn't see anyone on the floor that can hang with Kretzer...That being said, I thought Fairland was very athletic. If the Tigers shoot the ball at a decent percentage, I like their chances. Warren did beat Waverly early in the year, but I believe Waverly missed over 20 foul shots. What makes Waverly a tough out is the fact that they are a senior lead team who has been to the district three yrs in a row and has more to accomplish...Lets ride this train as far as it will go...GO TIGERS!!!

win it matters
Waterboy

Post by win it matters »

Steptoes. Were you asleep or what. Did you not see
What the Riley kid and the dragons did to Warrens leading
Scorer? 0 points and only got 1 shot., no theres not an individual from fairland that's
as good as kretzer but, THATS CALLED A TEAM AND A VERY
GOOD ONE AT THAT.

dragons13
Waterboy

Post by dragons13 »

For the comment above about our lack of ability to stop scorers....please see the following piece of the newspaper article....

"Much of the Dragons' ability to maintain a lead fell onto the quiet shoulders of Eric Riley, who drew the assignment of stopping Evan French, Warren's leading scorer.

French not only didn't score, he had just one field goal attempt and three rebounds in the contest before fouling out early in the fourth quarter.

"That goes so unnoticed and it's a shame because if you like watching basketball, you'll love watching him play," Speed said. "It's a thing of joy because he shuts down leading scorers."

I know the waverly kid is on another level but that defense speaks volumes....

Should be a good game

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I've seen waverly a bunch and Fairland once. I gotta take Waverly

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

I have seen Waverly and Fairland play on two different occasions. I am going to take Fairland on the fact that I feel they have a better all around team. Looking forward to this one!!!.

steppinontoes
Waterboy

Post by steppinontoes »

I did not mean to offend anyone from Fairland. They have a nice team and it was a great win against Warren, but I promise you have not seen a player like Kretzer all year. The kid is 6' 7" and can play every position on the court. Make no mistake, if Fairland stops him they will win. I just don't see it happening...

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

win it matters wrote:Steptoes. Were you asleep or what. Did you not see
What the Riley kid and the dragons did to Warrens leading
Scorer? 0 points and only got 1 shot., no theres not an individual from fairland that's
as good as kretzer but, THATS CALLED A TEAM AND A VERY
GOOD ONE AT THAT.
I'll assure you that Kretzer will get more than one shot against any defense that Fairland throws at him. Here is a kid that no matter how rough he is treated, he gets up, never loses his cool, never retaliates, but gets even by dunking over someone or hitting a 26' 3 pointer. The kid has scored over 1600 points and probably close to 500 this season being doubled and tripled team. Admire his basketball ability, it might be a while until you see his equal.

earp
S

Post by earp »

We havent seen a player like this kid???Umm what about Austin Mcmaster,Zach Carter??

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

earp wrote:We havent seen a player like this kid???Umm what about Austin Mcmaster,Zach Carter??
No offense, but Fairland also went 0-4 against those 2 teams.

Should be a great game, can't wait to see how Fairland guards Waverly and if Waverly can stop Salyers on the interior.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I saw both of the semifinal games on Thursday, and Fairland looked better vs. Warren (19-3) than Waverly did vs. Fairfield Union (10-12).......the Dragons were very aggressive going to the basket, and played some excellent defense as well, holding Evan French of Warren to 0 points (he scored 40 vs. Chillicothe this year, and 20 vs. Portsmouth)........Waverly's Jake Kretzer was the difference vs. FU, and he will be the best player on the floor in the district final........as has been previously mentioned, someone else will have to step up and score for Waverly because I do see Fairland as being a more balanced team.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

earp wrote:We havent seen a player like this kid???Umm what about Austin Mcmaster,Zach Carter??
With all due respect to McMaster and Carter, no you haven't.

Kretzer is a stud.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

I think it will be interesting to see if Kretzer gets into foul trouble, just as French did. Fairland has a fast and well balanced team. This is going to be a awesome game to see!!

Khali121
Waterboy

Post by Khali121 »

Crab's brother wrote:
With all due respect to McMaster and Carter, no you haven't.

Kretzer is a stud.
Zac Carter is not a stud? He outplayed the number one pg in the nation at beasts of the southeast. What more can it take to be a stud?

Return to “Boys Basketball”