HEART-FELT APOLOGY

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

HEART-FELT APOLOGY

Post by VIKED_MAN »

This will positively be my final post on SEOPS.
You can resond as you like, I will never read it. My account will be disabled so noone can pm me.
I want to apologize to Logan High school, any Falcon fans that were in attendance along with the FU Coaches and players, and most of all to Coach Combs, his coaching staff, and the Viking players.
I am posting this after having a phone conversation with Coach Combs.
I want to let everyone know that even though I was wrong in my behavior, I was not the only guilty party in this unfortunate incident.
Several players had been getting knocked to the floorthroughout this game; everyone has to agree with that. Chewy got badly hurt, and I did not want a repeat of that to either team.
On that trip down toward the Falcon's basket I told the ref. "You all need to get a grip on the control of this game or another player is going to get badly hurt, if that concerns you at all!" He looked at me with blood in his eyes and said "Shut up!" I said. "NO!" He tossed me. I heard fans behind me saying worse during the course of the game mostly in the early third quarter, and nothing happened. I think he was mad at Coach Combs, (A real man the only one who has the nads to talk to me man to man and not behind a username on here.) and was taking it out on me a VC fan; I had on a VC shirt. I said. "I am not leaving unless you come over here and toss me out yourself!" He told me my white a#@ was out of here, I saw red, and flipped him a double bird. The fan sitting next to me told me, "Combs wants you to leave." He said some other things the coach said, but after talking to coach I found out they were not true. I also found out later that this ref said to Coach Combs. "Sit your a#@ down!" I cannot verify this, when I asked Coach Combs he said he never heard it, but some others did.
Yes I am guilty of using a poor choice of gestures, and want to apologize to those mentioned. I have been in touch with the OHSAA about this, and they are going to check into it further. I do not know the offical's name, but they said they can get it from the Logan A.D. This is not over yet. I plead guilty, how about you Mr. official?

Three other people on here, and I know who all of you are regardless of you hiding behind your username, three amigos who want to type disrespectful messages without knowing the entire story. You are full of crap, and can kiss my A@#. One of you will have to clean the brown off your nose first that has been there since your high school days of brown-nosing high school coaches to earn a most fitting nickname.
There it is make out of it what you want. Write what you want, I will never read it. It takes at least two to make an argument.
God bless you Alice Taylor, you will be missed by all that knew you.

coop
SEOPS

Re: HEART-FELT APOLOGY

Post by coop »

Way to be a man and own up to being wrong....shame the other parties wont do the same.

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

While your apology seems all well and good, no amount of remorse can mediate the damage done by Viked Man. Maybe our kids could have defended Derick Clark a tad better had they been taught help-side defense and close-outs in Jr High. Congrats on the insignificant vistories, though.

2-Gun
Waterboy

Post by 2-Gun »

Ted Striker wrote:While your apology seems all well and good, no amount of remorse can mediate the damage done by Viked Man. Maybe our kids could have defended Derick Clark a tad better had they been taught help-side defense and close-outs in Jr High. Congrats on the insignificant vistories, though.
Ted old buddy I'am surprised you would say that since you never played a lick of defense in your life but when your right your right.

offthedribble
Waterboy

Post by offthedribble »

I never posted on here before, but always read the threads.
I am a junior basketball player @ Vinton County, and played 7th grade basketball for vikedman.
If he taught us one thing it was defense, just ask any of us that played for him.
Ted Striker I know who you are, and hate what you are. You speak with sour grapes because he is a better coach than you!
Ty Webb I do not know who you are and dont want to.
I know you Hawkeye. I always liked you because I see you most every day during basketball season, and you always say nice things to me.
Russ is the best coach I ever played for. He made basketball fun. I cannot read this crap about him without responding.
He did teach us how to close out, front, and deny the ball on defense. Just ask Patrick Bookman of NY. Bookman was scoring 30+ points a game, but only scored 14 points against our defense 2 times! He taught us to drop step toward the basket instead of doing what he called playing follow the leader. He taught us the most intense full court press and in your face man defense I have ever known. One game on the road we scored 18 points before the other team crossed midcourt! A team that beat us this year!
We did go undefeated thanks to Russ, and only allowed 2 teams to score in the low 40's most scored under 30 points while we always scored in the high 50's and 60's. Two times in the 70's. You dont beat teams that badly without playing good solid defense.
Maybe if we played Russ's defense the way he had us play it in the 7th grade we could have been undefeated this year.
I love playing for coach combs. I hope to see Russ in the stands next year.
Better yet maybe he would volunteer to help coach our defense! It would be nice to go unbeaten in our senior year.

Softball 7
Riding the Bench

Post by Softball 7 »

Viking fans,

What is Viking great josh Patterson doing these days. I remember watching him several years ago.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Ok but I wouldnt stop posting. There are some horrible refs out there that need to retire or never have been given their license. The double bird was probably a bit much but next time make it interesting, make them chase you around the floor that would be entertaining LOL. No ones perfect, anyone that judges you is a weak person. Most would never felt remorse. Dont leave the site.

vchoops
Freshman Team

Post by vchoops »

The last time I saw Josh he was doing very well. He has a successful career as a pharmacist, is married and has a couple of kids. Josh has always been a first class young man, so it's good to see him doing well.

Return to “Boys Basketball”