SEOPS HO

Re: Portsmouth vs. Piketon, 3/5 District Semi

Post by biggdowgg »

fixed the header for you sir.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Piketon will have to play a great game to win this one. Let's go Streaks!

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

The Chef is excited about this game. Coach L will have the Streaks ready. Redstreak Nation will be there in full force. Go Streaks!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Coach Lisath and Coach Collins....can it get any better than this?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

^^^^^ A Piketon win would make it much better! lol

The Streaks will have to be focused and control the boards to beat the Trojans.

Good luck to both, but Lets Go Streaks~!

crazymidgets
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth vs. Piketon, 3/5 District Semifinal @ 8:30PM

Post by crazymidgets »

Heard Mason Jordan got hurt in the Burg game hope he is alright, very good ballplayer. Good luck to both teams. Go Streaks

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Mason Jordan Broke his wrist has a cast on.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

mASON BROKE HIS WRIST a couple weeks back, he did not dress for the Burg game.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I have seen both of these teams once. I think that Portsmouth will win this game in the 12-15 point range. I will say that I haven't seen the Streaks since the Holiday Classic, but if they take care of the ball the way they did against Waverly (who is nowhere near the defensive team Portsmouth is) then the Trojans may win by 20. Piketon threw the ball all over the Downtown Gym that night, and if they do that at the Convo next Monday, this one will get out of hand.

Having said that, Piketon defiantly has the talent to win this game. They must take care of the ball and keep Dion Mckinley from catching the ball so deep in the paint.

Portsmouth 61
Piketon 48

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Go Trojans

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

This could get ugly quick..Piketon likes to play up tempo and that will play right into the Trojans hands...My prediction Portsmouth by 20

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Go Trojans and SEOAL!!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Piketon's style of play will only help the trojans...I say Portsmouth by 20. The Trojans are playing very well right now!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Despite Portsmouth winning 79-57 over the Redstreaks in January, that really means nothing now because it's the tournament.........the Trojans beat Wheelersburg 63-32 in the regular season, yet Saturday night the game was tied midway in the 3rd quarter..........PHS is riding a 16 game winning streak and has been tested during this stretch, and they answered the call once again vs. the Burg in the 4th quarter. The Trojans have been excellent at taking other teams' best shot and still surviving.

I think this will be more of an uptempo game than the Wheelersburg game was, and that should help the Trojans.

The only tournament meeting that I'm aware of between Portsmouth and Piketon was in 2004, when the Redstreaks beat the Trojans 64-56 at the Convo in the district tournament..........PHS actually came back in that game after being down at halftime big and took a 1 point lead going into the 4th quarter......but Piketon made some key FT's in the last 2 minutes to seal the win over the 9-14 Trojans.

Did the numbers for the offensive/defensive averages for the regular season, and this year's Trojans are averaging 65 PPG on offense, while giving up a stingy 49 PPG on defense........last year's numbers were 60 PPG offense, 55 PPG defense.

GO TROJANS!!!

OldBaller
Waterboy

Post by OldBaller »

I think P-town by 20.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Piketon had a REALLY bad first quarter in the first meeting, came out in a zone and portsmouth lit them up. Evans hit 5 threes out of the shoot! After that the game was fairly even, though Evans cooled down we couldnt stop Dion to get back in it. Hopefully the Streaks will be ready this go around and give the Trojans a ballgame. Good luck to both teams

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The thing that stands out about this Trojan team is that these kids have consistently put their egos aside and done what is asked of them on a particular night.........this Portsmouth team is totally unselfish.........they wouldn't be 19-2 if they were. PHS can win games many different ways and have demostrated this throughout the year, whether it be slowdown, up and down the court, physical half court play, shooting from behind the arc, employing defensive lockdown, or using numbers to wear down an opponent.

LIGHTSOUT
Riding the Bench

Post by LIGHTSOUT »

I believe Piketon had a couple players either ill or injured during the first meeting of these two teams. If Piketon plays to their potential they will win this game. IMO, Piketon will also have to play as one unit, not the selfish kind of ball that I have witnessed by a few players.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Not only are the Streaks playing the best team in the SE District but also the "hottest" team. I think if the Streaks can keep it close in the first three quarters, they will have a chance of pulling the upset. Coach L. has played both fast and slow this season...I think a lot of that depends on the opponent. I'm just excited to see Coach L going against the Trojans again. In a place where he is very familiar with as a player and coach. Basketball 30 in the Convo!

Return to “Boys Basketball”