Final: @ Portsmouth 56 Chillicothe 34

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Chillicothe @ Portsmouth, 2/3

Post by biggdowgg »

always love watching Portsmouth Chilli games,,,,,a lot on the line in this one.......cant wait.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

I agree bigdowgg...I hate to even root against Portsmouth..but I will say forget Warren/Portsmouth..Chillicothe/Portsmouth is the game of the year!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

bvmv4life

I agreee,,,and after watching that jr high game the other night,looks like we have plenty to look forward to........both them jr high coaches do a great job.....

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Thanks biggdowgg!! Nothing but much respect to u and ur Trojans..

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Who won the first Frosh and JV games? Thanks.

mark
Waterboy

Post by mark »

Portsmouth leads the over-all series 42-41. These two teams go way back. Many classic battles has been

fought between the two teams. Portsmouth and chillicothe would usually meet in the AAA sectional
to battle it out; until Portsmouth was down-sized to AA in 1978. The two teams though would continue to meet on a regular basis in regular season play.Its good that they both now play in S.E.O.A.L together.I hope both teams stay in the league. I look forward to this match-up two times a season; I hope it continues.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

4 winnable games left on the schedule for the Trojans....vs. chilly, vs. Peebles, vs. Logan, and ending the regular season on the road...@ Gallia
but the toughest by far is against a very formidable foe in that of Chillicothe!! and sole possession of the league title is on the line for my Trojans!!

Portsmouth /Chilli games, especially lately have come down the wire.......this next one should be no different particularly with what all great rivalries have at stake.....mainly bragging rights!! but the SEOAL title is on the line as well!

Chillicothe/Portsmouth is without a doubt a rivalry again.....as if it never wasn't one!?!?!?!.....but had it not been for the 2000's, many-a-fans would think Portsmouth was an "also-ran" program
but thank goodness Portsmouth seems to back on the right track......but chillicothe/ portsmouth fans have garnered a mutual respect for each others resume's over the years..in general! So both fan bases are very aware of each others various accomplishments!

And with the 2 younger London's (one as a freshman, and the other as an 8th grader) and with the emergence of freshmen Sky Oliver (baseball great and former Pittsburgh Pirate Al Oliver's grandson) coupled wth the best prospect to come through portsmouth in my opinon since Damond Mannon back in the early 90's in that of 8th grader Ky're Allison...we will see the emergence of some even more high quality basketball.......

Mad respect to both schools.....

Now in regards to the earlier contests on the JV and freshman level....Chilli won both contests, if I recall correctly.

I would be exstatic if my trojans could build an ever so small cushion of 2 games in the all time series. especially after Chilly dominated the 2000's.

Go Trojans!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson played both of these teams extremely tight once....about the same IMO

Elliot for Chilly went off for 26 last night, keep an eye on him.

Warren shot lights out and beyond on 3s....Portsmouth still won. Chilly will play their most inspired game to date.

Should be a dandy!

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Chillicothe wins this one

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth wins this one. :mrgreen:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Good Luck to the Cavs. Should be a great game like the 1st time around.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Someone in the SEOAL wins this one

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

biggdowgg wrote:Portsmouth wins this one. :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I like Portsmouth

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Portsmouth by 6

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

I was glad to see my Alma Mater play Friday night against Jackson for the first time this year. From what I saw I think they are a team that has capabilities making a run deep into the tourney. I will say though that I dont think this team is as solid as last year and years past. Zach Johnson however is one of the smoothest players I have seen come out of Chillicothe in a while. Not the best by any means but he is very very smart with the ball and does not force much. He reminds me of Clint Austin a couple years ago, maybe its because they look very similar! lol What doest Jackson have down low to match up with Malik?

Ill take Chilli in the rematch by 3....Johnson hitting the game winning trey of course! :)

Go Cavs!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Zach Johnson is being courted by a lot of D1 colleges..I agree might not be the best to come out of Chillicothe but with one more year left he could do some big things...
Gahanna will be at the "Hat" on Tuesday,one final tune up before the game of the year!! Go Cavs..

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

bvmv4life wrote:Zach Johnson is being courted by a lot of D1 colleges..I agree might not be the best to come out of Chillicothe but with one more year left he could do some big things...
Gahanna will be at the "Hat" on Tuesday,one final tune up before the game of the year!! Go Cavs..

see you all tuesday :mrgreen:

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

When's the last time PHS has swept Chilly???

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

biggdowgg wrote:
bvmv4life wrote:Zach Johnson is being courted by a lot of D1 colleges..I agree might not be the best to come out of Chillicothe but with one more year left he could do some big things...

see you all tuesday :mrgreen:
Game is at 7,bring trojandave with ya too..

Return to “Boys Basketball”