Eastern Coach

John Wooden
JV Team

Eastern Coach

Post by John Wooden »

Who is Eastern replacing Coach Caldwell with? Do they have any candidates yet?

G.W.A.
All Conference

Re: Eastern Coach

Post by G.W.A. »

Heard it was Rick Edwards, they love him at Eastern.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Bahahahahaha

Satelite
Waterboy

Post by Satelite »

Is this the same Rick Edwards who "self-proclaimed" himself to be the winningest JV Coach in Meigs High School history?

expert witness
Freshman Team

Post by expert witness »

hey satelite, you any relation to the old satelite?

Satelite
Waterboy

Post by Satelite »

There's only one Satelite! Just a little "space between".

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

I'm sure the Rick Edwards rumor is just that....a rumor and someone trying to start something. However, Rick Edwards is a heck of a basketball coach and would be an excellent choice!

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

They were advertising in the help wanted adds in the paper today for a coach. It is a shame that as good as this program has been that they can't find a good young coach to take this job.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Spoke to a board member the other day at Taz's and he said they were courting some coaches. The names i was given were:
1. Chris Stout
2. Jordan Hill
3. Dennis Eichinger - supposedly this was a hot topic during executive session
4. Jeff Caldwell
5. Benny Ewing
6. Rick Edwards

These names were in no particular preference and the board member said they hoped to a coach in place by then end of July.

Satelite
Waterboy

Post by Satelite »

If I know Coach Hill, and I believe I do, there is not a snowball's chance in heck he would coach at Eastern. He is a Racine Southern "Hill" not a Reedsville. The basketball glory was short lived at Eastern. Whomever they get to coach will be in for .500 basketball at best. Why do you think one of the best coaches in southeastern Ohio left.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

Is anyone taking them to any shootouts or anything?

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Titletown TVC wrote:Spoke to a board member the other day at Taz's and he said they were courting some coaches. The names i was given were:
1. Chris Stout
2. Jordan Hill
4. Jeff Caldwell
5. Benny Ewing
6. Rick Edwards

These names were in no particular preference and the board member said they hoped to a coach in place by then end of July.
Chris Stout is disabled with health reasons
Jordan Hill is coach and ad at River Valley he has some pretty deep classes coming doubtful he would be interrested in a pay cut
Jeff Caldwell not leaving Southern

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

Titletown TVC wrote:Spoke to a board member the other day at Taz's and he said they were courting some coaches. The names i was given were:
1. Chris Stout
2. Jordan Hill
4. Jeff Caldwell
5. Benny Ewing
6. Rick Edwards

If you are going to make up something titletown at least make it realistic.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

1. Chris Stout
2. Jordan Hill
4. Jeff Caldwell
5. Benny Ewing
6. Rick Edwards

Why would a school board member be talking about what happened in executive session? Why would a school board member from Ohio be discussing their business with someone from a different school and state?

drunkone
Riding the Bench

Post by drunkone »

Me and kenny Bixxx was at summerfields this past weekend and here is what we heard:

Howie left because the talent is gone and recruiting is harder because of the high price of gas.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Kids aren't trash, even if they can't play.

Satelite
Waterboy

Post by Satelite »

Coach Stout is "disabled"? Someone might want to share that info with him. He may have some health issues, but I am pretty sure he is not disabled. One thing is for certain, he is plenty smart enough not to coach at Eastern. However, should he coach there he may become disabled for sure (hence the pole in the middle of the floor). Coach Stout will be on the sidelines coaching again...

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

[quote="Satelite"]If I know Coach Hill, and I believe I do, there is not a snowball's chance in heck he would coach at Eastern. He is a Racine Southern "Hill" not a Reedsville. The basketball glory was short lived at Eastern. Whomever they get to coach will be in for .500 basketball at best. Why do you think one of the best coaches in southeastern Ohio left.[/quote]

I would think that if he is really one of the best coaches he could do better than .500? Is that what the best coaches do, leave when it seems the talent has dried up? I have heard the kids at Eastern are good enough for him to earn a paycheck by teaching there. They just don't measure up enough for him to waste his coaching abilities on. Maybe he thinks the FH kids are good enough to coach, but not good enough to teach? Yes that adds up to a great coach and leader doesn't it? :shock:

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Fred G. Sanford wrote:
1. Chris Stout
2. Jordan Hill
4. Jeff Caldwell
5. Benny Ewing
6. Rick Edwards

Why would a school board member be talking about what happened in executive session? Why would a school board member from Ohio be discussing their business with someone from a different school and state?
You honestly think that things don't get leaked from executive sessions? Some board members will talk. What can i say? Loose lips sink ships......

Satelite
Waterboy

Post by Satelite »

Motivator...I am not one entirely in the know, but I would venture to guess that the fiscal situation at Fed Hock would not allow for Coach Caldwell to attain employment as a teacher there. Perhaps maybe there weren't any English teaching positions available, which I believe is all he is certified to teach. One thing is for certain, the brains or lack thereof, probably had nothing to do with his decision to teach at Eastern and coach at Fed Hock. I do know this much, coaches fly the coop for greener pastures from time to time.

Return to “Boys Basketball”