Jalean Lowe (6'3/2012)- Cincinnati NCH to Cincinnati Taft
Chris Lowe (6'1/2011)- Cincinnati NCH to Cincinnati Taft
Jermaine Freeman (5'10/2012)- Cincinnati Aiken to Cincinnati Taft

Transferred to Cincinatti Taft as Sophomores

Adolphus Washington (6'6/2012)- Roger Bacon to Cincinatti Taft
Dwayne Stanford (6'5/2012) from Roger Bacon to Cincinatti Taft
Orland Berry (5'9/2012) from Roger Bacon to Cincinatti Taft

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20 ... nav%7Chead

Jamaine Freeman, Adolphus Washington, Orlando Berry, Dwayne Stanford and Jalean Lowe
The five are members of the All Ohio Purple AAU organization but are playing on the same high school team for the first time. They won AAU national championships as seventh graders in 2007 and freshmen in 2009 and are seeking to add a high school state title to their list of accomplishments.

"This is why we all decided to play at Taft," Lowe said. "It's to win a state championship."
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 10 times in total.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: Interesting - Impact Transfers from 2010

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

You should have added Andrew Bendolph (6'0/)- to Wheelersburg from Portsmouth 2010

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:You should have added Andrew Bendolph (6'0/)- to Wheelersburg from Portsmouth 2010
Did He make that much of an impact at Wheelersburg, just asking cause I don't know?

I didn't write the story, just thought it was interesting the number of Transfers to Cincinatti Taft that played AAU Ball togather.

PATTYCAKES
Freshman Team

Post by PATTYCAKES »

Cannady at Peake is from KY

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

He did in Jackson against Oakhill.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Like I said, I didn't write the article I just found it and those are the players listed on it.

I changed it to just reflect Cincinatti Taft.........Who was My main focus.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:You should have added Andrew Bendolph (6'0/)- to Wheelersburg from Portsmouth 2010
...and back to Portsmouth in 2011.....

Boing.....Boing...... Boing.... :mrgreen:

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Interesting - Impact Transfers Cincinatti Taft

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Anyone can win if they pick who they want to play for them. Its sad that this is what it takes to win a state title these days. We had 2 private schools when titles this season(Lasalle and ASVSM) plus two "public" schools who recruited some, all in Taft's case, of their best players(Taft, Berlin Hiland). lol I wouldnt mind adding Jake Kretzer and Austin McMaster to our lineup next season. Im sure someone can find some apartments/relatives within the school district they could rent or live with :122249 .

PG Trent Arey-5'10"
SG Beau Justice-???
SF Austin McMaster-6'5"
PF Jake Kretzer-6'7"
PF/C Jake Daniels-6'6"

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

PATTYCAKES wrote:Cannady at Peake is from KY

I believe that's actually Kennedy and transfers happen at almost every school every year.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Is Beau Justice the brother of Blake? If so, what grade? Thanks.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

sportsfan_1959 wrote:Is Beau Justice the brother of Blake? If so, what grade? Thanks.
Yes he is. He will be a freshman next season.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

...and back to Portsmouth in 2011.....

Boing.....Boing...... Boing....
That was already posted when I made this post, but was edited out of the first post on here.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Sense we're recruiting id like to recruit Malik London and Zac Carter to come to Portsmouth lol :122245

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Unfortunately to win at the highest level in todays world you must recruit! You must sell yourself to get the kids to move in so that you can compete. Its a travesty in and of itself. Taft gets 5 kids who play aau together and want to win a state championship, bingo they have one. AVSM a couple of years ago, Lebron brings his entire aau team together, bingo a state championshiop. North College Hill with Mayo, bingo a state championship.

Teams around here arent innocent of it either. Oak Hill had move ins on its championship team, same with South Webster so I am not throwing stones at any situation. Also, this isnt a private versus public thing either. Both do it!

I was speaking with an assistant coach here at Piketon and they researched the last 10 years of D III champions, and every year both the champion and runner up had move ins that helped the team.

Nothing the ohsaa can do either, you start making more and more rules to prevent, and people just find new loop holes.

So varsity coaches out there, recruit your butt off! lol

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

portsmouth_trojan59 wrote:Sense we're recruiting id like to recruit Malik London and Zac Carter to come to Portsmouth lol :122245
We'll keep Zac Carter and take Wayne Evans back :122245 . While your at it send Dion McKinlly too :lol:

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Lol
OHbuckeye1 wrote:
portsmouth_trojan59 wrote:Sense we're recruiting id like to recruit Malik London and Zac Carter to come to Portsmouth lol :122245
We'll keep Zac Carter and take Wayne Evans back :122245 . While your at it send Dion McKinlly too :lol:
Haha :122245

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

we need to find out if it was a coach doing the recruiting or if the kids just got together and said "this is where we want to play to win" if that is the case then no amount of rules can prevent this. Also how can you blame a kid for wanting to win. We may not like it but can anyone say they would not have done the same thing at that age.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Maybe this has something to do with the small crowds at this years state tourney. So sad this is what high school sports is coming to.

There is rule limiting the number of players from a high school playing on an AAU team (until June). Couldn't there be a rule adopted limiting the number of AAU players playing on the same high school team.

I didn't see it but heard from a friend about STO interview with one of the Taft players and the player commenting on the coach getting them anything they needed (shoes, clothes, food, etc). Any truth to this?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Raiderball wrote:Maybe this has something to do with the small crowds at this years state tourney. So sad this is what high school sports is coming to.

There is rule limiting the number of players from a high school playing on an AAU team (until June). Couldn't there be a rule adopted limiting the number of AAU players playing on the same high school team.

I didn't see it but heard from a friend about STO interview with one of the Taft players and the player commenting on the coach getting them anything they needed (shoes, clothes, food, etc). Any truth to this?
Yes, I saw it. Also, Washington said later that the coach was a father figure to some and he gives them money; "Whatever we need."

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

coaching giving money is a big no no.lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”