Chesapeake vs. Portsmouth - Regional Final - 3-19

Chesapeake
JV Team

Chesapeake vs. Portsmouth - Regional Final - 3-19

Post by Chesapeake »

I know I said this game wouldn't happen but here we are.

2010-2011 Chesapeake Schedule/Results
vs. Gallia Academy - Friday, December 10, 2010 - Won 77-22
at Rock Hill - Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - Won 58-33
at Ironton Classic vs. Columbus Africentric - Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - Won 66-57
vs. Ironton - Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - Won 78-70
at Wheelersburg - Thursday, December 30, 2010 - Won 64-35
vs. South Point - Friday, January 07, 2011 - Won 72-34
at Marietta Tournament vs. Parkersburg South - Saturday, January 08, 2011 - Won 78-53
vs. River Valley - Friday, January 14, 2011 - Won 77-42
vs. Beasts of the Southeast Tournament vs. Athens - Saturday, January 15, 2011 - Won 50-33
at MLK Classic vs. Logan (WV) - VMF in Huntington - Monday, January 17, 2011 - Lost 77-76
at St. Joseph Invitational vs. Spring Valley - Thursday, January 20, 2011 - Won 83-47
at St. Joseph Invitational vs. Ironton - Saturday, January 22, 2011 - Won 74-59
vs. Rock Hill - Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - Won 84-26
at Dawson Bryant - Friday, January 28, 2011 - Won 84-31
at South Point - Friday, February 04, 2011 - Won 75-52
vs. Huntington St. Joseph - Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - Won 85-43
vs. Fairland - Friday, February 11, 2011 - Won 72-31
at River Valley - Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - Won 84-56
vs. Dawson Bryant - Friday, February 18, 2011 - Won 80-28
at Fairland - Saturday, February 19, 2011 - Won 85-44
vs. Minford at Jackson High School - Friday, February 25, 2011 - Won 78-30
vs. Wellston at the Convo - Sunday, March 6, 2011 - Won 81-36
vs. Piketon at the Convo - Saturday, March 12, 2011 - Won 68-52
vs. Sugarcreek Garaway at the Convo - Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - Won 62-57
vs. Portsmouth at the Convo - Saturday, March 19, 2011

Current Record: 23-1 (10-0 OVC)

Chesapeake
JV Team

Re: Chesapeake vs. Portsmouth - Regional Final - 3-19

Post by Chesapeake »

Chesapeake 71 Portsmouth 70 - 2OT - Prediction

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

My prediction: 6 pages pregame, with several angry posts.

0 for Monday
Waterboy

Post by 0 for Monday »

danicalifornia wrote:My prediction: 6 pages pregame, with several angry posts.
:lol:

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Chesapeake wrote:Chesapeake 71 Portsmouth 70 - 2OT - Prediction
If this game goes to double OT, then that means the 'Peake did not come to play.

Anything can happen in tournament play, and maybe you are right. But on a normal night, the Panthers are 20 points better than the Portsmouth team I've seen play against Fairland and Wheelersburg. And if Portsmouth comes in as cocky as they did the last two games, they'll lose by 30.

Ya gotta play the game, I know. And I'll be there to watch it.

GO 'PEAKE!!!

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Tobias wrote:
pantherdad wrote:
If this game goes to double OT, then that means the 'Peake did not come to play.

Anything can happen in tournament play, and maybe you are right. But on a normal night, the Panthers are 20 points better than the Portsmouth team I've seen play against Fairland and Wheelersburg. And if Portsmouth comes in as cocky as they did the last two games, they'll lose by 30.

GO 'PEAKE!!!
Quote number one for the Trojan bulletin board...

:mrgreen:
Ha! Proud to be at the top of the list....but mine will be long forgotten by the time all the posters are done out here. I'm sure the Panthers will have plenty for their board too...if the Portsmouth/'Burg back and forth is anything to go on.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Chessy 55 - Portsmouth 48

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Since i've got friends that play for and cheer for peake i guess i've gotta be a converted panther fan.

IMHO this won't be much of a game. I think the peake will be much for portsmouth. I'm takin peake by at least 15 to 20

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pantherdad wrote:

GO 'PEAKE!!!
that may be true,,but are they 20 points better or any points beter, then the teams that showed up to beat a very good Warren team,or a veary good Chillicothe team?

I am just happy to have the chance to play Chesapeake at this stage in the season, both tams have had GREAT seasons and are still playing in the Elite 8! congrats to both schools...as far as the game goes,I wont make a prediction,but I can tell you I am very confident that we can play with and even beat Chesapeake,,,,the trojans will not come in and just lay down because they are playing chesapeake.....best of luck to the team that wins and moves on....

Im done posting untill after saturday see you at the game :mrgreen:

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

Mad_Dogg wrote:Since i've got friends that play for and cheer for peake i guess i've gotta be a converted panther fan.

IMHO this won't be much of a game. I think the peake will be much for portsmouth. I'm takin peake by at least 15 to 20

wouldnt expect anything less of you.

and you must be thinking the peake would have beat the burg by 20 or 25 then?

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

sportsfan43 wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:Since i've got friends that play for and cheer for peake i guess i've gotta be a converted panther fan.

Um, actually 'Peake beat 'Burg by 29 earlier this year. But I'm getting out of the prediction business too. Just looking forward to the game.

Go 'Peake!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

sportsfan43 wrote:

What's that about? I'm takin anything away from portsmouth they have a good team but i've got friends on the peake cheerleading squad so i have to pull for them.

I do wish both teams good luck though

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

pantherdad wrote:
sportsfan43 wrote:

Um, actually 'Peake beat 'Burg by 29 earlier this year. But I'm getting out of the prediction business too. Just looking forward to the game.

Go 'Peake!

Yeah and Ironton beat them by 18 earlier in this season, so that regular season game would have meant nothing.

I'm guess with the Peakes history against the Burg in the tourney over the last 20 years they were glad to see Ptown win. Burg always seemed to step it up a notch when they met the peake come tourney time.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I'll guarantee you 3 things for each team, there'll be a lot of out of control shots, bodies flailing trying to get charges called and fouls by one team and the other team will play under control, not get rattled by pressure and will come away with the "W". Chessy 55 - Portsmouth 48

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

I don't think that we could have asked for a better regional final, good luck to both teams!!!!! This should be a classic.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I don't see this being a blown out. Maybe I'll be wrong, but two pretty nice teams going at it. I'll take the Peake in a close one.

BigSlowWhiteGuy
Riding the Bench

Post by BigSlowWhiteGuy »

Win or lose, The Trojans could say they've had a good year. I think Chesapeake fans might be surprised at The Trojans on Saturday. They tend to play to the level of competition. That being said, The Panthers are probably the Best team in The Region but, PROVE IT or else.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

If you need bulletin board material at this point in the season, then you are not ready for the challenge that is ahead.

I think you will see a very physical game, lots of talent all over the floor, and two very well coached teams.

I see one thing that Chesapeake has over Portsmouth, and that is depth. When you can bring E. Kennedy and Noble off the bench, I think that gives you more flexibility.

I will not make a prediction, but I will tell you I am very glad Portsmouth got here, I don't want excuses from either team.

Go Peake!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

For planning purposes the winner of this game will be playing next Friday, March 25th at 2:00 in the Schott..........

Division 3 State Finals

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Peake 65 Ports 50

Return to “Boys Basketball”