Freshman Team

South Webster - Eastern Pike game moved

Post by Jeep-ster »

Game is now set for 8:00 pm Monday March 7th

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Re: South Webster - Eastern Pike game moved

Post by peeblesfan97 »

That is strange it was moved once already from the 8th to the 10th. I have a OHSAA bracket that has Eastern Meigs/Fairfield, South Webster/Eastern Pike playing on the 10th, same bracket has Manchester/Racine Southern, South Galia/Whiteoak playing on the 7th. I wonder why it was flip flopped? I'm certain no one will be thrilled to play a semifinal game that late on the 10th and a possible final early on the 12th.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Reedsville Eastern vs Fairfield was the first game scheduled on 3/10. Reedsville Eastern also plays a girls regional game the same night at the same time I believe in Lancaster. Therefore, to be fair to them they switched the districts.

The good thing is the winner of these 2 games play at 10:30 Saturday morning and now do not have to play Thursday Night and early Saturday Morning. The winner of Manchester/Southern and Whiteoak/South Gallia plays at 12:15. Their transition from Thursday night is a little better.

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

Ok I never thought about the Girls/Boys teams conflict, that makes sense. It should make for some good basketball games regardless. Good luck to all and hopefully the SHL teams can continue their tourney run.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

There has been MANY Girls/Boys team conflicts in past years and schedules were never changed. By now 3-4-11, fan schedules have been arranged for one set of dates that very well can not be changed; nights off from work etc. The OHSAA should have left things as first stated and stop moving things around for certain teams in certain years!!!
We all know they are GOD, they dont have to prove it ALL the time.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

peeblesfan97 wrote:That is strange it was moved once already from the 8th to the 10th. I have a OHSAA bracket that has Eastern Meigs/Fairfield, South Webster/Eastern Pike playing on the 10th, same bracket has Manchester/Racine Southern, South Galia/Whiteoak playing on the 7th. I wonder why it was flip flopped? I'm certain no one will be thrilled to play a semifinal game that late on the 10th and a possible final early on the 12th.

I'm sure any of the schools already knocked out of the tourney would gladly take your place and not complain. Just consider yourself lucky that you are still playing. Hell, Portsmouth has to play at 9:15 on Saturday night and I'm sure they just tickled to death with that after almost blowing it against South Point.

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

Burg_Grad_77...I don't have a dog in this fight as I am from Peebles so I am not complaining just stating the obvious. I was just saying its tough to prepare for a game in one day and yes I do agree that it is an honor just to be at the Convo at this time of year. Actually I'm THRILLED.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

peeblesfan97 wrote:Burg_Grad_77...I don't have a dog in this fight as I am from Peebles so I am not complaining just stating the obvious. I was just saying its tough to prepare for a game in one day and yes I do agree that it is an honor just to be at the Convo at this time of year. Actually I'm THRILLED.

Well, at this time of year you better be able to prepare in one day or you will be toast. The state semis and finals are only one day apart, so the most pressure packed game of the year should your team make it to the finals, gives you only one day to prepare for.

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
peeblesfan97 wrote:Burg_Grad_77...I don't have a dog in this fight as I am from Peebles so I am not complaining just stating the obvious. I was just saying its tough to prepare for a game in one day and yes I do agree that it is an honor just to be at the Convo at this time of year. Actually I'm THRILLED.

Well, at this time of year you better be able to prepare in one day or you will be toast. The state semis and finals are only one day apart, so the most pressure packed game of the year should your team make it to the finals, gives you only one day to prepare for.
Well I hope Peebles faces that problem eventually but for now we will focus on the Wheelersburg game this Sunday. Good Luck.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Right back attcha. I hope it's a good and very competitive game.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
peeblesfan97 wrote:That is strange it was moved once already from the 8th to the 10th. I have a OHSAA bracket that has Eastern Meigs/Fairfield, South Webster/Eastern Pike playing on the 10th, same bracket has Manchester/Racine Southern, South Galia/Whiteoak playing on the 7th. I wonder why it was flip flopped? I'm certain no one will be thrilled to play a semifinal game that late on the 10th and a possible final early on the 12th.

I'm sure any of the schools already knocked out of the tourney would gladly take your place and not complain. Just consider yourself lucky that you are still playing. Hell, Portsmouth has to play at 9:15 on Saturday night and I'm sure they just tickled to death with that after almost blowing it against South Point.
guess you had to add that to get your point across? :oops: :oops:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

biggdowgg wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

guess you had to add that to get your point across? :oops: :oops:

It wasn't meant in a bad way. I was just pointing out that there a lot of teams that would play no matter what time you schedule them and just be darn glad they are still playing.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Burg_Grad_77

I know,,,,was just messin with you

Jeepoholic
Riding the Bench

Post by Jeepoholic »

Sorry, I started to post on here thinking it was a South Webster vs Eastern thread.
My bad...

GaryGroundhawg
Riding the Bench

Post by GaryGroundhawg »

Game moved again?????

Return to “Boys Basketball”