Beaver Eastern vs. South Webster @ the Convo 3/7

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Beaver Eastern vs. South Webster @ the Convo 3/7

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

thoughts? I'll have something to add later on. These two teams scrimmaged each other in the preseason. Eastern was destroyed by Valley early on and Webster beat Valley twice.
Last edited by The Ghost of Swanker on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace
Freshman Team

Re: Beaver Eastern vs. South Webster @ the Convo district se

Post by Ace »

Common opponents often don't mean anything.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Ace wrote:Common opponents often don't mean anything.
Agreed. Especially when the common opponent for one team was in early December. It's March now, alot has changed for both teams. If the Eagles can sit down and keep Scott out of the paint, and have consistent closeouts on Loop. This can be a much closer game than most might think. Those things and taking good open shots, and taking care of the basketball will determine the winner

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Swanker--If I recall Webster had some issues playing against SOC I this season---much closer games than you might expect. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on early matchups against common opponents because it doesn't mean squat at tournament time. I've seen both clubs and both have some talent but a Webster advantage might be that Eastern's team is maybe a little young. I'm not saying Webster won't win but I also wouldn't be surprised if Eastern puts them out. Talk to last years Oak Hill fans before you get too excited about records and who should win a game.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

I would much rather be the underdog any day! Truth is we are not in this one. However, there is also no doubt that Eastern can beat South Webster on a given night.

We have to take care of our own business and we will be fine. SOCFAN1430: Every team in the SOC2 knew the gameplan and the Jeeps still went 10-4 and finished 2nd in the league. It's not that simple or the Jeeps wouldn't be 16-4 vs a much tougher schedule than the Eagles played to finish 11-10.

I believe if we show up and play well defensively then we will be ok in the end. This game definitely makes me nervous though! It was nice last night to be able to relax in the 4th quarter. Hasn't happened often this year for the Jeep fans!

These teams have plenty of common opponents: Minford, Valley, Green, East, Notre Dame, Clay, Waverly, and Northwest. For what it is worth South Webster's record was 12-1 vs these opponents and I believe Eastern's was 6-6.

Probably the only record that matters is even between these opponents: They are both 1-0 in the tournament. Eastern Pike is the only SOC1 team left and South Webster is 1 of 4 SOC2 teams left. Either way the SOC will have 1 team in the district final!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I never mentioned anything about conference play or common opponents, i just added that Valley beat them bad for some comparison. They can try to shut down Loop and Scott... but they won't shut down both of them on the same night. Plus there are 3 other guys who could score 15 points on any night. Every thread about the tournament says the regular season doesn't matter. thats nonsense. Look who is still alive and look at what they did in the regular season...

Eastern by 6

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

If Eastern plays their best game, and SW plays their worst game, they have a chance. Other than that, SW by 10+. So there is a chance, that is why they play the games.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

rocky: In hopes that the fairfield vs Clay thread will simply slip down the page and be done with I will tip my hat to you on this thread. Very well said.

I also agree with your statement on this thread.

Go Jeeps!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Definitely think Webster is the favorite here, but as others have said, Eastern is more than capable of beating the Jeeps. Sounds like Webster has the size advantage. I think Webster has the best two players on the floor in Scott and Loop, and they'll ultimately be the difference. I'll say...

South Webster 66
Beaver Eastern 53.

Any word yet on when this game would potentially be switched to, or when we'll find out?*

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I watched Thornsberry lock kretzer down and held him to 13 pts and he's a mid major prospect acording to espn's Ohio poll he's a 3 star player but if the rest of websters team step up then the eagles have there work cut out for them but I like eastern 49-47

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Here is the last that I have heard: Take it with a grain of salt-----

If Eastern Meigs wins tonight in the girls game, then they would be scheduled to play the Regional girls game at the same time as the boys district game. Therefore, our district would be moved to Monday and I guess switched with the other district who was scheduled to play on Monday.

The OU Mac tournament game is Tuesday and that is why we aren't playing on the 8th.

Whatever the verdict is I believe we will know for sure tomorrow

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

svbt1112 wrote:Here is the last that I have heard: Take it with a grain of salt-----

If Eastern Meigs wins tonight in the girls game, then they would be scheduled to play the Regional girls game at the same time as the boys district game. Therefore, our district would be moved to Monday and I guess switched with the other district who was scheduled to play on Monday.

The OU Mac tournament game is Tuesday and that is why we aren't playing on the 8th.

Whatever the verdict is I believe we will know for sure tomorrow
I heard the same thing from a reliable source. In my beliefs, Eastern Meigs will most likely win and the games will be moved to Monday.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Rocky----I guess you must have figured, like I did, that SW played the worst game of their season and Clay played the game of their lives since your Panthers hung with them? I guess if that is the case then you are probably right in saying that is the only way Eastern can win. But, I figure since Clay was no better than anyone else really this season then Eastern must have a shot like Clay did. Wouldn't you agree?

Larry Bird
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Bird »

Eagles will have to play their best game to beat the jeeps. I believe they will. Eagles by 5. Team must come out with much more intensity than was shown at the start of the Waterford game. If not the jeeps will be up 20 early. Go Eagles!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Jeeps by 10.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

svbt1112 wrote:I would much rather be the underdog any day! Truth is we are not in this one. However, there is also no doubt that Eastern can beat South Webster on a given night.

We have to take care of our own business and we will be fine. SOCFAN1430: Every team in the SOC2 knew the gameplan and the Jeeps still went 10-4 and finished 2nd in the league. It's not that simple or the Jeeps wouldn't be 16-4 vs a much tougher schedule than the Eagles played to finish 11-10.

I believe if we show up and play well defensively then we will be ok in the end. This game definitely makes me nervous though! It was nice last night to be able to relax in the 4th quarter. Hasn't happened often this year for the Jeep fans!

These teams have plenty of common opponents: Minford, Valley, Green, East, Notre Dame, Clay, Waverly, and Northwest. For what it is worth South Webster's record was 12-1 vs these opponents and I believe Eastern's was 6-6.

Probably the only record that matters is even between these opponents: They are both 1-0 in the tournament. Eastern Pike is the only SOC1 team left and South Webster is 1 of 4 SOC2 teams left. Either way the SOC will have 1 team in the district final!
Again I don't think that common opponents has as much of a factor as other, thats just simply my opinion, others have there opinion and thats fine. What I mentioned for the Eagles on the defensive end will be a huge factor for the them. I agree that all SOC 2 teams knew the Jeep gameplan, thats no secret. What it comes down to is playing solid team defense, shot selection, and taking care of the ball for the Eagles.
I think the Eagles have very little chance of winning, although it can be done. Jeeps should win by 10 or so. GO EAGLES prove me wrong.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Eastern Meigs won their girls game tonight. I guess we will find out tomorrow if this district will be "switching" with the other Division 4 district and play Monday night.

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

Post by fan_of_swankerpine »

Jeeps by 11.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

good luck jeeps!

turncoat-ump13
Freshman Team

Post by turncoat-ump13 »

the thursday 3-10-11 games have been moved to monday 3-7-11. The games will be at the same time as originally scheduled. This came from a reliable source.

Return to “Boys Basketball”