All State

Re: 3/2 Sectional Trimble vs Southern

Post by hardfowl »

Live on 92.1 FM and online at www.wyvk.com

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Good luck to Coach Caldwell from Beaver!

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

This game can be heard on Power 105.5 (WXTQ) in Athens, with Brian Boesch and Mark Hunter on the call. Pre-game coverage begins at 7:45, with the tip at 8.

You can listen to the broadcast online at http://athensi.com (click on the WXTQ FM link on the right side of the page).

For in-game updates, be sure to check out http://twitter.com/BrianBoesch

Thanks, and good luck to both teams.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Southern won after trailing at the half, took them half the game to get going. 12 points difference, they wiped the score off immediately after it was over.

hardwoodheroes
Freshman Team

Post by hardwoodheroes »

Southern beat Trimble 59-46 to advance to the District Semifinal in D-IV. Here's the HH Game Recap!

http://woub.org/tv/index.php?section=5&page=1052 ...Trimble/Southern recap

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

yep, Southern again has the homer ref's @ Wellston on their said yet again. The Cat fans sure have been quiet. :roll:

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Koondogger wrote: This is a travesty. Trimble never lost to Southern when the last guy coached at Trimble. Yes he has moved on to bigger and better things, but you would think they could still beat Southern. There a baseball school for gosh sakes. Never done to well in football and basketball. Maybe it is time for the return of, you know who.

Just my thoughts guys :mrgreen:

So Koondogger never lost to Southern? I did not know that. :idea:

Broken Tornadoe
Waterboy

Post by Broken Tornadoe »

[quote="Binary"][quote="Koondogger"] This is a travesty. Trimble never lost to Southern when the last guy coached at Trimble. Yes he has moved on to bigger and better things, but you would think they could still beat Southern. There a baseball school for gosh sakes. Never done to well in football and basketball. Maybe it is time for the return of, you know who.

Just my thoughts guys :mrgreen: [/quote]

So Koondogger never lost to Southern? I did not know that. :idea:[/quote]

Koondogger was 0-5 against the Tornadoes in 2007 and 08 alone, not counting the rest of his seasons.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Broken Tornadoe wrote:
Binary wrote:
Koondogger wrote: This is a travesty. Trimble never lost to Southern when the last guy coached at Trimble. Yes he has moved on to bigger and better things, but you would think they could still beat Southern. There a baseball school for gosh sakes. Never done to well in football and basketball. Maybe it is time for the return of, you know who.

Just my thoughts guys :mrgreen:

So Koondogger never lost to Southern? I did not know that. :idea:

Koondogger was 0-5 against the Tornadoes in 2007 and 08 alone, not counting the rest of his seasons.
I'm not sure how you can figure that Southern has never done well in basketball. They are #17 on the all time list for wins by a program in any division. They are one of 3 SEO teams on the ohsaa top list(Portsmouth,Marietta).

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Thats crazy cause we almost won the whole danged state back in our day. Now I know not much has been accomplished over the last few years with no league titles and all but thats cause them dern boys is to worried about playing videos and liftin them danged weights fer football. I hered the new coach has em talkin about liftin weights fer basketball to. Thats why they aint winnin like we did if you ask me. Should havem shootin instead of liftin.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

I know this is going to be very unpopular but how about this... what if you had a coach who didn't have one of his best offensive players chasing the ball when he already had three fouls! I could have sworn that is what guards were for. No one seems to really say anything about the poor coaching.. these boys could have gone much further if only they had a coach that new HOW to coach. He may have been a good player in high school and the one thing I do know for sure is just because you could play does not mean that you understand enough about the game to teach someone else how to play... how about teaching the boys HOW to stay out of foul trouble, how about building at team around the team instead of leaving it up to one or two players. Sorry I know this may cause some real problems with some of you but really... after listening to the game this is the impression I was left with.

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

I agree 100%. The keys to beating trimble this year were simple. IF Guthrie didnt have the ball nobody else on the team was a threat besides Davis. Pass the ball around the outside until someone forced it in. I dont recall Trimble attempting to press a team all year. It looked as if the kids stoped responding the the coach as well. Maybe try some positive criticism to motivate the players. Seemed like everytime i looked he was throwing a fit on someone. Players lose respect for coaches that do that and i think thats what happened this year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”