What the heck PDT ?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

What the heck PDT ?

Post by ManitouDan »

I picked up a copy of todays edition hoping to read about PHS's big win and not a single word ? PHS"s biggest home game of the game I'd guess. Whats up with that ? MD

grayjonathan42
Waterboy

Re: What the heck PDT ?

Post by grayjonathan42 »

there was not any score or story about any high school teams except for the small article about the rankings. this doesnt make since because your right it was portsmouths biggest win and there were two big games in the soc1 and some in the soc2 it is just hard to understand how no scores made the paper

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Like Gallipolis, must have been an early deadline. Same outfit owns both papers. Crazy.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

The sad is part when they bite the dust everyone will wax poetic about what a loss it is -- WELL GET OUT AND COVER IMPORTANT SPORTS EVENTS FOR THE HOMETOWN TEAM ! !!! Is it really too much to ask for that PHS"s biggest home game of the year get coverage ? I don't get it .

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I sat with and spoke to the new sports editor at the Wheelersburg at Waverly game last week. The deadline to submit articles for the next days edition is 9 p.m. on a weekday. (THIS IS NOT HIS DECISION) The PDT is printed in Gallipolis and not Portsmouth. (AGAIN NOT HIS DECISION) The PDT has a very small sports department to begin with. If I am not mistaken, they only have 2-3 people to cover all the SOC games and Portsmouth. I have ranted and raved for years about the lack of coverage for our local teams on a timely basis. Would I like to see changes? You bet! It is hard to fault someone who has very little control over deadlines and printing, but the company that owns the newspaper is a different matter. Hopefully, some changes can be made in the future, especially with deadlines.

kahn
Freshman Team

Post by kahn »

They did cover the game, but with the deadlines it went online, not in print.

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/view/f ... eft_column

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Here is the company's comment contact --I emailed them my complaint ( and yes , it's NOT the local reporters fault but if the company doesn't do a better job then he is going to be out a job !) ;

http://www.heartlandpublications.com/pages/contact_us/?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I did not know,our local paper was printed in Gallia county..WOW.....first wpay....how long before our paper?...

Return to “Boys Basketball”