Logan Division II sectional records and thoughts

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Logan Division II sectional records and thoughts

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Help me out with records. I know a few and have background on some of the teams.
*First tier (IMO, easily the best four teams)
1. Warren-only loss is to Chilli, have big wins over Marrietta, Harvest Prep and FF
2. Logan Elm-one loss to Teays Valley. Not as good as in recent years.
3. Sheridan-oustanding athleticism-big wins over John Glenn and Maysville, also beat Fairfield Union soundly.
4. Marrietta-I believe they have two losses, possibly a third. Can't believe how much better they are this year.

*Second tier
5. Vinton County-believe they also have two losses. Very well coached.

*Third tier
6. New Lex- (4-7) play as hard as any team you will find, beat FU in ot.
7. Fairfield Union-(5-6) have 6'8 big who can play
8. Athens-don't know much about them, think they lost a lot from last season.

*Not sure if Miegs and Jackson are still in this sectional, I know they were a few seasons ago. Fill me in on your opinions and records.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan Division II sectional records and thoughts

Post by 93Bulldog »

Maybe this will help you out newlex/sheridan ...

http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

I try and keep up with most of the records.

generalwatcher
Waterboy

Post by generalwatcher »

Sheridan is 9-2 to date. Losses to Tri-Valley and Newark Catholic. Key wins: Maysville and John Glenn. Other wins: Philo (2), Crooksville, West Muskingum, Lakewood, Fairfield Union, and Morgan.

Big rematch friday 1/21, against John Glenn.
Other notable remaining games: Rematches with Tri Valley and Maysville. 2 games with New Lexington, and a game against Coshocton

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Meigs and Jackson are not in this sectional. The other team you are forgetting is Gallia.

Warrens record is 10 - 1 to date. Big game this Friday and Saturday, both at home against Portsmouth and Fort Frye respectively.

Also Warren has another big win you forgot to mention: @ Portsmouth.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

LE is 9-2. Lost to 8-2 Teays Valley and 10-0 Carrollton by two points each.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Thanks. This should be a competitive sectional. Top five teams are all quality. Warren should beat FF saturday, IMO. They will have their hands full with Portsmouth this time around.

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

The thing that stands out with Warren is that bench they have. I have seen Coach Maddox play 11 players by half time and the tempo and game never changed . They just keep coming at you all night.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Warren has had several years in the recent past where they have started out very strong. They never seem to be able to do anything in the tournament, though. Don't know what the problem is there.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Perhaps Logan Elm has been some of the problem Sid Farkus ...

Division II is tough ... We've had some really, really good teams in that sectional in years past (Vinton County, Warren, Logan Elm) - but if you get out of their - you first step up in class to play a team like Washington Court House or a Greenfield McClain - then, get to play a team like Desales from Columbus or a Beechcroft, etc..etc...

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

I know not many people are talking about Sheridan but I got to give them some love. If they play close to when I saw them and can move the ball and shoot it like they did that night, they are going to be a big problem for anybody in this District. I know they have been up and down so far but I believe they are getting more consistent and they play in a league with a lot of good teams this year and will be battle tested before Sectionals.
They are very athletic. They have a big boy, 6' 6", who has good post moves and they have good team height. It looked like most the team was 6 ft or better. They have good guard play, can press, and can shoot the ball from anywhere.
Just my thoughts from seeing them.

On a side note, saw LE and believe they are no where near what they have been in last few years. But they are still a good team because of the "system" that Stiverson has set up.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Sid Farkus wrote:Warren has had several years in the recent past where they have started out very strong. They never seem to be able to do anything in the tournament, though. Don't know what the problem is there.
I think they didn't get weaker in the tourney, they played good competition! Last year Warren had a very good tourney beating a one loss Athens team, followed by beating a one loss Wash CH team, before succumbing to a very good two loss Logan Elm team, who also knocked them out two years prior. And also Chillicothe, the defending state champ, knocked them out two years ago. Warren has been a strong team the last 3 years at least, especially at the end of the season.

open_post
Freshman Team

Post by open_post »

Logan Elm looked very good today holding Canal Winchester to 20 points and picking up a 23 point win. LE was up 27-6 @ half and won 43-20. They move to 10-2 on the year.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm was led by Elswick and Stonerock with 13 each. LE outscored CW 16-1 in the second quarter. Very good defense by the Braves. Offense also looked better.

LE moves to 10-2 and CW drops to 9-3 - other losses to Pickerington North, Zanesville

Return to “Boys Basketball”