The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Big Week For South Webster coming up

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Tuesday - Wheelersburg
thursday - St. Joe
Friday - Waverly
Tuesday - Valley.
I have heard the East game is scheduled for the Saturday the day after the Waverly game, but I can't confirm that yet.

I think it will be a classic burg vs webster : played right down until the last second. Burg has Stegman inside. Webster will either shut him down or shut the rest of the team down and let him try to beat them by himself. Scott will have to penetrate and SCORE for the jeeps to even stand a chance and Loop will have to have a hot game as well.

Waverly has struggled thus far into the season but they have Kretzer and Martin. SW battled it out last year with the Tiggers until the 4th quarter where SW scored 14 points, all on free throws. I have to take the Jeeps in this one.

St Joe surprised us last year at Ironton going into the half with the lead, but SW battled back and won. St Joe beat West in a close one earlier this season.

Valley lost to Minford @ Minford and lost a close one to Burg. They have impressive wins over SOC1 favorites Eastern. From what I saw at Minford, they can't handle the press. But of course Blake Yates could have one of those nights where he hits shots from the parking lot.

should be an exciting week to be an SW fan.
Last edited by The Ghost of Swanker on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

favabeans
Varsity

Re: Big Week For South Webster coming up

Post by favabeans »

I thought the St. Joe was rescheduled for Thurs. the 13th. Did they reshedule it again?

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

It is Thursday 13th

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

the east game is FEBRUARY 15TH NOT JANUARY 15TH

Hoppy
Riding the Bench

Post by Hoppy »

Game for Thursday with St Joe is called off

kickin it
Waterboy

Post by kickin it »

Did you mean a big week trying to get someone to clean the snow from the parking lot, or it will take a week to get someone to scrape the snow off?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

lol I'm about to scrape it myself. they have a truck with a blade on the front. they scrape it, but don't scrape the slush off and I don't think they even put salt out. The team themselves have said they would shovel it off to play! Maybe they will do something about when we are still playing makeup games half way through the tournament.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Is the game still on for tonight?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

YES!

toast
All State

Post by toast »

65-62

A big road win for the Tigers after coming close in several games. Webster came out hot but cooled off somewhat in the second half. I'll be interested to hear some comments from those who attended.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

my own personal observatiobn: foul trouble on waverly first half. Foul trouble on webster second half. surprisingly well matched. good game.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

The one huge matchup problem for either team was Harrison Martin for Websters inside guys. He was able to score whenever Waverly guards were able to get it inside. Webster has shooters and some guard play, but Martin was a huge difference tonight

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Anyone have stats? Im pretty sure Scott Martin and Kretzer all had 20, Loop was around that also

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

Waverly held Webster to 22 points in the second half. great comeback win for Waverly. Martin & Kretzer scored big while Kelly handled the ball well against the pressure. Ward battled and played good D and Remy and Kelly hit big threes. White hit big free throws.

I thought the key in the game was in the second half when Kelly went out with 4 fouls everyone stepped up and handled the ball on offense- Webster kind of played in Waverlys hand by pulling the ball out and running some clock while Waverly was buying time with the foul troubles (kelly 4, Corchran 4, Ward 4, Martin 3). Waverly did a great job at the very end of changing up men on defense to give Webster a different look. Good ball pressure and good boxing out in the end and Waverly gets the big road win- it was nice to see the Tigers on the right end of a tight one. BTW i understand Webster shot 70% from the floor in the first half- Waverly was lucky to stay close enough to be in it and really buckled down and played well in the second half. Great crowd for Waverly.

its easy to understand how south webster beat portsmouth-- when they shoot like they did tonight they are incredible. Scott and Loop are special players, Webster is one of the best shooting teams I have seen in a while. David Sutton looks much improved and played real well for the jeeps.

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

Wester did not beat a full strength Portsmouth team ,honestly, not to take anything away from the jeeps,they are a good team and it was not their fault,but the team that beat Waverly is not the same team that lost to S.W.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

loss is a loss. A school like Portsmouth should be able to beat little old webster without their star transfers.

I just hope Waverly can knock off Oak Hill and Wheelersburg at least once

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Kretzer with a double double (24 points, 11 rebounds, 7 assists). Martin with 26 points and 6 rebounds.

Return to “Boys Basketball”