Southeast District D4 Rankings 1-4-11

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Southeast District D4 Rankings 1-4-11

Post by jimmy chipwood »

1-4-11 Rankings

1. Manchester (6-1) - 3 straight quality wins = D3's Peebles by 2, NA by 38, and D4 Whiteoak by 14.

2. Eastern Meigs (7-0) - Big Wins over Manchester and Waterford. Beat RV, Meigs, Miller, Belpre, and Federal Hocking easily.

3. South Webster (4-1) - Beat strong D3 Portsmouth, D3 NWest, and ND by 22. Lost to Oak Hill by 11.

4. Waterford (4-1 ) - Wins against Trimble by 12, Southern by 1, Federal Hocking by 16, Miller by 33.

5. Eastern Pike (5-2) - Beat D3 Minford by 13, ND by 8, Western by 53 & 42, NB by 34. Close loss to Waverly by 3.

6. Trimble (6-2) - 5 Decent wins = Alexander, Southern, S. Gallia, NY, and Wahama on the road last night.

7. Whiteoak (4-5) - Killer Schedule = Beat LC, Fairfield, E.Brown, New Boston. Lost to Oak Hill by 3, Manchester
by 14, NA by 15, Hillsboro by 6 (OT), Paint Valley by 6.

8. Symmes Valley (5-2) - Winning streak snapped by clay last night. Wins over ND, St Jo, CH, R.Hill, & S.Gallia.

9. Green (4-2) - Beat D3 Minford by 8, losses to D3's Burg and Fairland. Wins over NB by 13, East, and Western by 33.

10. Clay (3-4) - Competitive losses to D3's Valley by 11, NWest by 8, Minford by 2, R.Hill by 1. Beat SV by 10 last night.

*Racine Southern (2-4) - Dropped out of rankings with losses to Meigs and Alexander.

*Fairfield (1-6) - Got 1st win of year over D4 Fayetteville by 14. Insane schedule continues with NA and Ripley this week.

*South Gallia (4-3) - 2 point win over winless Federal Hocking team?
Last edited by jimmy chipwood on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Re: Southeast District D4 Rankings 1-4-11

Post by jimmy chipwood »

If I had ties I would have had a tie at #4 with Eastern Pike and Waterford. The tiebreaker for me was Eastern's blowout loss to Valley earlier this season. Both teams will have to earn some quality wins going forward to move up. Eastern's best win is against a very average Minford team. Waterford's best win is against a decent Trimble team.
Last edited by jimmy chipwood on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

I guess head to head matchups dont even matter

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

KingJames wrote:I guess head to head matchups dont even matter
Already had this discussion in last rankings. Also, the fact that Manchester was up 12 at half in that matchup has importance.

http://southeasternohiopreps.com/forum/ ... =4&t=77275

eaglesorfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesorfalcons »

jimmy chipwood wrote:
Already had this discussion in last rankings. Also, the fact that Manchester was up 12 at half in that matchup has importance.

i understand manchesters strength of schedule so far is better than eastern's , but , why would being up by 12 at halftime have any importance at all?

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

eaglesorfalcons wrote:
jimmy chipwood wrote:

i understand manchesters strength of schedule so far is better than eastern's , but , why would being up by 12 at halftime have any importance at all?

If Eastern Meigs was in control of that game from the opening tip there is no way they would be ranked #2 behind Manchester. But. Manchester clearly took control of them in the 1st half leading by 12 and Eastern Meigs clawed their way back and won a 2 point game. Any way you look at it - it was a 2 point game that could have went either way.

eaglesorfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesorfalcons »

but it only went one way!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I was looking for a Waterford Vs Miller score? Your rankings had Waterford winning by 33?

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

Not a big fan of this poll

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

Maybe it counts as a win if u only lose by 2. Is this a new rule?

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

So hypothetically, what if Eastern goes undefeated 20-0 and Manchester goes 19-1 playing way tougher schedule. Would you still have Eastern #1?

93Bulldog - I get the scores from the TVC website. It is listed under the TVC sticky thread.

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

What if Manchester and eastern plays and eastern wins. Wait that happened

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Thanks Jimmy Chipwood for all the effort that goes into this. A poll is just that...an opinion poll. Jimmy is taking into account the information available and making decisions. It would be great to line these teams up and have a playoff....but that won't happen.

Manchester and South Webster both play tougher schedules than the SOC1 and TVC schools. It is not even close. However, does that mean that Webster and manchester would beat them head to head? We won't know till they play....so why get upset?

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

Eastern and Manchester did play

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

yeah they did play and in the 2nd half the refs gave the game to eastern

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Your poll lost creditability in my eyes if you are going to ignore what two teams did head to head. streetballer please quit crying, you got beat plain and simple. I guess you would rank Stanford over an undefeated Oregon that beat them. Now when Eastern gets beat and Manchester only has one loss then I could see moving them ahead. You probably moved them ahead so you wouldn't have to listen to streetballer cry.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

thx for the answer ... I forgot the Jan 4th game between Waterford/Miller was played Dec. 30th.

BTW ... I am kind of in the same boat with others about Eastern/Manchester ... Not sure how a team with one loss can be above a (7-0) team that beat the one-loss squad on a neutral floor.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Where was this neutral floor?

Yes....it was a 2 point win...and head to head Eastern is better....as soon as Eastern loses if they do I'd use the SOS and have manchester jump them...but head to head they beat them and still have a better record. We can't know Eastern's record if they played Manchester's schedule....all we know is that Manchester has played a tougher schedule...but Eastern beat them by 2.

Hopefully they'll meet up pretty deep in the tournament for a rematch.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Nobody answered my last hypothetical question so I will ask another one to attempt to shine light on the subject of SOS and who have you beat? Hypothetically, what if as of right now in the season Manchester was 6-1 with the loss to Eastern Meigs, but had defeated Peebles and Ironton, along with their other wins. Would you still have Eastern Meigs ranked #1? It sounds like with your logic that Manchester could beat Peebles, Ironton, Piketon, and Chesapeake and still would be #2 because they lost head to head against undefeated Eastern? I have grossly exaggerated to try to get the point across that beating Peebles, Whiteoak, and destroying North Adams by 40 is one hell of a week.

bcnu
Freshman Team

Post by bcnu »

I think Manchester would beat Eastern right now

Return to “Boys Basketball”