Game dates and/or times moved for Sugar Bowl

91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Game dates and/or times moved for Sugar Bowl

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

How many schools are or considering doing this?

I know Waterford moved their game with Miller to tonight. Marietta and Logan have moved to Monday 1/3. And all MVL schools that are playing league games moved JV start times up an hour to 5:00.

Anyone else?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Game dates and/or times moved for Sugar Bowl

Post by danicalifornia »

Washington Court House at Unioto has been moved up. JV starts at 4:30 and the varsity will follow, so tip will be about 6:15

Still on Tuesday though

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I think East plays that night.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

You are telling me schools are moving basketball games because of a college football game?
What a joke that this society has become.
Last edited by nice guy on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

not just any college games.... BUCKEYE GAMES!!

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

College Football Bowl game. Not the National Championship.
Not the Super Bowl.
What are there 50 Bowl games this year? 25 of them will 6-6 teams.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

crack wrote:You are telling me schools are moving basketball games because of a college football game?
What a joke that this society has become. What are there 50 Bowl games? 25 of them have 6-6 teams.
All about the $. I'd guess very few people would pick watching a high school basketball game over a college football game, unless of course they have family playing. You have them on the same day, that high school gym will be empty, and the school will be taking a big hit money wise.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

No I have never did drugs.
I would rather watch high school kids play than players that sell gold pants and championship rings.
Last edited by nice guy on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

So if said person is on a website a lot, then said person must do drugs?

I like your logic.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

That is good. I just think it is stupid they move any games for Ohio State football.
I am not a Michigan fan or any school in college football.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

GAHS coaches were to meet with GAHS AD Craig Wright on moving the GAHS-Ironton game, but I haven't heard anything about it as 3 p.m., Thursday.

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

ADs just need the foresight to look at potential nights there could be problems---BTW St. Joe plays Notre Dame 1/5 (scheduled that way) :122249 :122249 :122249

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

[quote="gahs4ever"]These schedules were obviously made out way before the bowl assignments came out. Last year tOSU played on New Year's Day and nobody plays HS basketball on New Years Day.

Unfortunately this year there is a schedule conflict and people who want to be both places shouldnt be put into a position of having to choose. They should be able to do BOTH, contrary to the over reacting crack.

Personally I think it is easier on all concerned to move the date than move the time up on game day. Most people work and wouldnt be able to be at the game if you moved the time up. And speaking only for GAHS, we are playing a tripleheader with Ironton on that night that begins at 5. How much earlier can you move the time back, and how early can you get home after playing three games?

But since Im the scorekeeper, I dont get a say, and whenever they decide to play, Ill be there.[/quote]

I can text you the scores :mrgreen:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

biggdowgg wrote:not just any college games.... BUCKEYE GAMES!!
I agree dowgg. It's not just any bowl game. It's buckeye football. GO BUCKEYES!!

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Are you people serious???? Moving a high school basketball game just because Ohio St is playing Arkansas????? Really???? Yeah I would much rather sit at home and watch a group of selfish dumb@sses who would actually trade university issued gear and rewards for frickin ink on their body instead of going out and supporting kids who are playing their hearts out for their school and community. Some people in this world are ridiculous.....

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

friday_nite_fan wrote:Are you people serious???? Moving a high school basketball game just because Ohio St is playing Arkansas????? Really???? Yeah I would much rather sit at home and watch a group of selfish dumb@sses who would actually trade university issued gear and rewards for frickin ink on their body instead of going out and supporting kids who are playing their hearts out for their school and community. Some people in this world are ridiculous.....
Your missing the point too! Again;;; No one will be at the gyms watching the games because they will be at home watching OSU play! That means less people at the game, which means less money at the gate. Got it? Okay, Less money at the gate is a bad thing for the schools...

Now you may decide you would rather watch H.S. basketball, but the majority of people would rather watch OSU...It isn't a big deal to move games up or back so that fans can watch both and more importantly, give some of there hard earned money to the schools and there booster programs so that they can continue to to have basketball.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

a bowl game = tOSU chokes

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Swanker Pine wrote:a bowl game = tOSU chokes

at least we have that Chance to do so :mrgreen:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

gahs4ever wrote:You people talk as if games have never been postponed before in history.

Whether you like OSU or not, or think moving HS games is a good idea or not, is not the issue.

If going head to head against an OSU bowl game on TV happens, every HS who plays in spite of it will probably play in front of parents only, and any AD knows this.
thats for sure. unless someone has a kid on the team or a cheerleader that will be the only ones at the games on tuesday

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

idk about you guys but I know where the Jeep Nation will be on Tuesday. And I bet all of Oak Hill will be there too.

Return to “Boys Basketball”