dime-a-dozen's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - 1-7-11

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

dime-a-dozen's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - 1-7-11

Post by dime-a-dozen »

I am missing the great knowledge of a great man! Im just going to try and give the top 8 some justice and hopefully he would agree with me!
Anybody else feel free to toss in ur Elite 8 up to this point!

Chesapeake jumps Chillicothe in my Elite 8 b/c Chilly beat a bad Gallia Academy team by only 23. Chesapeake beat them by 55. Also Chilly struggled with the Portsmouth Trojans who lost to South Webster. Chesapeake is coming off a big win over the Ironton Tigers. Chesapeake is getting solid play from Austin Mcmaster who is averaging just over 18ppg. Also the Cavs are still being led my Malik London a dominant force in the middle with D-1 talent. Piketon drops to 5th b/c they nearly slipped up to the Waverly Tigers. Peebles drops to # 8 after falling to Manchester in the Mcdonalds classic. Oak Hill moves up to 7th with an impressive win over South Webster for Persins 600th win. Ironton falls to the 6th spot after falling to Taft and Chesapeake

ELITE 8

1.) CHESAPEAKE- (5-0)

2.) CHILLICOTHE- (5-0)

3.) WARREN- (6-0)

4.) LOGAN ELM- (7-0)

5.) PIKETON- (9-0)

6.) IRONTON- (5-2)

7.) OAK HILL- (7-0)

8.) PEEBLES- (5-1)

ALSO JUST MISSING OUT ON THE ELITE 8 IS...
REEDSVILLE EASTERN (7-0)
Last edited by dime-a-dozen on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - UP TO 1-7-

Post by dime-a-dozen »

HOPE I DID YOU JUSTICE PFLOYD!!!

MAY YOU GET WELL SOON, MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU...

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

If Chilly beats Warren tonite they go back to #1...we'll c though the Warriors are a TOUGH ballclub...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

bvmv4life wrote:If Chilly beats Warren tonite they go back to #1...we'll c though the Warriors are a TOUGH ballclub...
Dont think their as strong as Chessy though.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Yes even if Chilly beats Warren tonight Chesapeake will still be #1 in my Elite 8. Chesy plays South Point tonight at home.

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

I know that I have a dog in the fight but, you are moving a team down because they won by "only 23" points? I doubt you were at the game so I can't hold it against you but did you know that GAHS only had 8 points in the entire first half. Chilli played their reserves more minutes than the starters and UTEP commit Jaylen Ragland only scored 5 points and wasn't needed to score any more. There is no sense in beating a team by 50 just because you can. I know that sometimes you can;t stop your team from winning by 50 but there is no point to try is all I'm saying. They could have named the score on GAHS but chose not too. IMO, they have played a much tougher schedule overall. The score of the Portsmouth game means little as it is a rivalry game and is closer than expected quite often, regardless of who is favored or even what sport it is.

By the way, Chilli just beat Warren by 14. They also play defending Indiana State Champion Bowman Academy tomorrow night in Wellston. Bowman by the way is favored by many to repeat as state champs. If the Cavs win tomorrow, or maybe even if they lose(I have not seen Bowman so I suppose I won't decide on that untill tomorrow but...), they should move back up to number one in your rankings IMO.

Have you spoken to Floyd or did you just figure someone needed to do the rankings? Just wondering. Hope he gets better soon. Also, thank you for stepping up and doing it for him in the time being.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

chilli didnt see any point in running up the score vs gallia..what would it prove? what did gallia have at the half? 7 points......enough said

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

I knew I would get some backing on this....thx fellas! Cavs #1!

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Did Pfloyd attend every game? Doubtful!
Have i talked to him? No. He is a well respected man of wisdom, i was trying to do good by him.

You cant go to much into depth when you only go on napkin stats for some games.

I compare the Gallia scores b/c Peakes starters were pulled halfway through the 3rd.
Also i have seen both teams play. In my book overall I believe Chesapeake is better! IMO!

If i wouldnt have started this post what would you guys have to gripe about? LOL.

As for Bowman they are a great 2-7 team they are 1790th in the nation and #1 in Division 1A in Indiana their enrollment is 349.
In Ohio I think that Puts them on the border of DIII and DIV. they have just under 128 boys so far that is what i have found thus putting them in DIV i may be wrong. But in Ohio this would put them in the same division as symmes valley.

In Ohio Chillicothe is DII. Chillicothe is 1853 in the nation both teams have a rating of 18.6. Chilly in their own division is 15th. Logan Elm is ranked higher than them on official rankings.

As for Chesapeake they are 902 in the nation, 33rd in all of Ohio and #2 in DIII. I think they win in all the arguments thus far in the season. They are a division smaller than Chilly but are ranked higher NAtionally and in the State.

Now you know all the reasons i have Chesapeake #1.

I will be heading to Wellston to watch this game also Bowman plays Huntington, WV i will attend that game also if it is in Huntington.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

National ranking is a joke on MaxPreps. Most teams don't actually have their full results.

Mine would be:

1. Chillicothe
2. Chesapeake
3. Piketon
4. Logan Elm
5. Ironton
6. Oak Hill
7. Warren
8. Eastern Meigs

With Manchester, Peebles, Portsmouth, Miami Trace close behind.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

The poll I seen Chillicothe is #2 behind Dunbar....where u gettin ur info from? You work for the AP?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

^^^
It's from maxpreps.com. It's all from numbers and should be taken serious by 0 people.

His reasoning for having Peake above Chillicothe isn't bad though. I just am going with mine like pfloyd would with his, you don't get jumped without losing for the most part.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Actually my state information comes from Mr. Hank Zaborniak -(Assistand OHSAA Commissioner)

Knows my grandfather very well.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Those official rankings are the same as MaxPreps.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

okay?
Maxpreps doesnt make up the scores and stats nor do they make-up the rankings?

The coaches call in the scores/records/stats and they contact OHSAA about their standings!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

No they don't, but it also has Chillicothe's next game as 1/26 vs Hillsboro.

It also has Washington CH as 3-2, even though they are 5-2. Some schools don't report, therefore, shouldn't be taken seriously if you don't see everyone's numbers.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

hmm i wounder if that has to do with the snow and games being moved to a later date?

what does it matter what Maxpreps says?
I have seen the my Elite 8's numbers and it is being taken seriously!

After Easterns performance against South Gallia tonight they should not be in the Elite 8.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles just beat Whiteoak 78-70.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Whiteoaks record reflects nothing on them. They nearly beat the Mighty Oaks Earlier in the year.

That is a solid win for the Indians.
Thanks Maniac!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

datchillicav wrote:I know that I have a dog in the fight but, you are moving a team down because they won by "only 23" points? I doubt you were at the game so I can't hold it against you but did you know that GAHS only had 8 points in the entire first half. Chilli played their reserves more minutes than the starters and UTEP commit Jaylen Ragland only scored 5 points and wasn't needed to score any more. There is no sense in beating a team by 50 just because you can. I know that sometimes you can;t stop your team from winning by 50 but there is no point to try is all I'm saying. They could have named the score on GAHS but chose not too. IMO, they have played a much tougher schedule overall. The score of the Portsmouth game means little as it is a rivalry game and is closer than expected quite often, regardless of who is favored or even what sport it is.

By the way, Chilli just beat Warren by 14. They also play defending Indiana State Champion Bowman Academy tomorrow night in Wellston. Bowman by the way is favored by many to repeat as state champs. If the Cavs win tomorrow, or maybe even if they lose(I have not seen Bowman so I suppose I won't decide on that untill tomorrow but...), they should move back up to number one in your rankings IMO.

Have you spoken to Floyd or did you just figure someone needed to do the rankings? Just wondering. Hope he gets better soon. Also, thank you for stepping up and doing it for him in the time being.
If Chillicothe can beat Bowman they would clearly deserve the number one spot. As of right now I think Chesapeake would beat them straight up though.

Return to “Boys Basketball”