SEOP

Re: Belpre @ Warren 12/14

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Warren big.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

Warren looks to be hard for any team to handle in the area. I'm going with Warren big.

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

Warren agian, too strong, too deep, and well coached. Everyboby should get playing time in this one. To ALL Warren playres: have fun, play hard, but play your game. This is Belpre don't play their game. Get this one, be 4-0 and get ready for Portsmouth Friday night. Go Warriors!

ccrunner
Riding the Bench

Post by ccrunner »

Warren should have no problem winning this game.

Big Bad Blue.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

I have a feeling this game is going to get ugly, as much as I would want to see Belpre win, I don't think they are going to. Warren is better coached and will come in with a better gameplan, Belpre doesn't have anyone to match up with Venham inside, but play hard Eagles and have faith! Let's Go Eagles!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Belpre will have it's hands full.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

gobrowns
Freshman Team

Post by gobrowns »

half whs 28 bhs 18

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

whs 71 bhs 49 Final score

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

Well looks like there was a hastie sighting at the Warriordome 2night! Great time to shoot well and really help a Warrior team that struggles against a zone. Off nights for Venham and Ward proved to be a great time for this young man to get hot...so Congrats to Mr. Hastie for the Warrior C C player of the game. A sluggish start and another rough night for Hilvi but hang in there I guess. Mr. Cunningham a good showing late but I would rather see 10 of John Mitchem style layups than 1 of your circus shots...Take the ball strong to the hole son and draw the foul, this acrabatic style doesnt get you to the free throw line where you can do more damage. Like your loose attitude and what youve been bringing to the team but please change that dreaded layup. Mr. Henthorn awesome job on that guard from belpre and love what you bring to this ballclub! Mr. Ward some good assists and strong rebounding 2night,and Mr. Leffingwell I think you need to get stronger inside and look to score more. Mr.Venham better forget this game and be ready for Friday which Im sure you will because You live for the BIG GAME! Mr. Knost keep playing physical and keep playing hard, nice free throw shooting as well! Warriors def need to come up with an inside out gameplan against a zone because Im sure they will be seeing alot of this soon, If I was a scout the first thing I would notice is how weak Warren is against it. With the shooters that Warren has they should welcome any zone but it was apparent 2night how they struggle against a lame Belpre squad that was in this game early just because of the Warrior struggles against a basic zone, so Id say the coaching staff better get this fixed real soon.
So goodluck Friday and better bring your A game Warriors. The sun comes out tmrw! :o :o

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

A lame Belpre team?

Eagletown
Waterboy

Post by Eagletown »

Actually, Belpre looked better than they have in the past 3 games. If Belpre played with the same heart they played with tonight, they would have came out with a win in the first three. The game was closer than the score indicated. Belpre played great defense tonight, but in the end, the better team did win. I hope Belpre can look at this game and build off of the way they played.

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

Pfloyd, heres my take on the Belpre/Warren game. Warren did not play well at all. Way to many turnovers and missed piont blank shots. The Warriors got what they wanted but could not finish. But a 22 point WIN is a 22 point WIN. Belpre did hang around for a half, but the 3rd quarter press took away any hope they had.. Looked to me like Warren tried to put Belpre away to fast instead of letting Belpre beat themselves.
Some good things I saw: Hastie setting his feet got his shot back ( 5 for 5 3s ) best I have seen from him all year, foul shooting 8-13 better, ten players scored, the press.
Hastie 17
Cunningham 13
Knost 10
Venham 8
Windland 8
Leffingwell 5
Henthorn 4
Ward 3
Mitchem 2
Hilverding 1

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

The Warren JV team won again. Boy can they get it done!! Score 79 to 26.

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

I was embarrased to be a warren fan for the JV game...when you are up 50 in the forth quarter there is no reason you should still be shooting 3 pointers and have curtis on the bench...how about take a lot of time off the clock and get a layup...varsity game was ugly but like coach said a 22 point win is a 22 point win...get ready for portsmouth

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

For our first home game, we didn't put on the show I would have expected for a team that is predicted to win the SEOAL. We forgot to use the one key fundamental that has carried us this year, and that was our defense. Waderker played a game we havn't seen before. He drove the lane on several occasions never to pass the ball to anyone. Not once did the inside defense collapse on him and either force an outside pass, turnover, or missed shot. Cody Selllars, scored around our big bodied post not once, but twice... where was the help side defense? EXCOACH 78 I remember a scouting report delivered by none other than yourself in the preseason. Not bad for a kid that quit playing his sophomore year. Or is it? The press will always work when you have a one or two player team. I say this with respect to all players. It makes the quick point guard pass the ball to team mates that normally don't get the ball. I looked for it in the second quarter. It really shuts down a players momentum when he can't get into his rhythm.
Justin, it's only a layup, you have shot it a thousand times. Have confidence in yourself and shoot the stupid thing. Grant and Tyler, if the rest of the team won't help you get yourself up on an off night help each other...its gotta start somewhere. Dylan, way to keep your composure. Stevie Francis could have fouled out on the tackle under the bucket, I'm not sure how its considered going for a loose ball when he had you in a bear hug? Just incase there are a few non-believers among yourselves, you are picked by several folks that have probably never seen Warrior Basketball to Beat Portsmouth. So, with that being said, go to their house, and make it yours. We have the last few years, this one isn't any different.

GET BETTER EVERYDAY!

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

Here is what keep me up late last night thinking about. Warrior cc, where do you get off using Hilverding as your whipping boy? Rough night for Hilvi but hang in there I guess? What kind of a statement is that to a HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER? I will back any player that wears the BLUE and WHITE. Good or bad. Justin Hilverding is a fine young man and has given 4 years to the Warren basketball program. He may not be your kind of player but to the COACHING staff, his TEAM PLAYERS and a lot of true FANS he is what Warren Basketball is all about. If they have confidence in him so be it. They are the ones that count not YOU. GO TEAM WARREN WARRIORS!!!!

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Excoach78 wrote:Here is what keep me up late last night thinking about. Warrior cc, where do you get off using Hilverding as your whipping boy? Rough night for Hilvi but hang in there I guess? What kind of a statement is that to a HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER? I will back any player that wears the BLUE and WHITE. Good or bad. Justin Hilverding is a fine young man and has given 4 years to the Warren basketball program. He may not be your kind of player but to the COACHING staff, his TEAM PLAYERS and a lot of true FANS he is what Warren Basketball is all about. If they have confidence in him so be it. They are the ones that count not YOU. GO TEAM WARREN WARRIORS!!!!
I don't know how any Warren fan, player or coach can be unhappy with anything they have done this season???

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Right on 78 ! Justin Hilverding is no different than any other Warrior who sacrifice's himself for the good of the TEAM ! ! Enjoy these young men who dedicate themselves for the success of Warren High School. GO BLUE

Shame on you c.c.

Return to “Boys Basketball”