Waverly Tigers

State7
Waterboy

Waverly Tigers

Post by State7 »

Waverly looks to have a good group of young men and just wanted everyone to talk about how you think they will do! Any new players? changes? Starting 5? :mrgreen:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Waverly Tigers

Post by smurray »

Way too early for a starting 5. Tigers will probably be guard heavy. Not sure who all is playing, we'll see soon enough now that football is over. Hopefully the football team success carries over.
One new player is sophomore Easton Wolfe who was a play maker at WR & safety on the 9-2 football team. Word is he may be better at round ball.
Last edited by smurray on Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

The Wolfe boy will fit in with a very loaded sophomore class. Waverly is going to be very good the next few years. Lots of pieces.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Has anyone seen the schedule?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Sports-nut wrote:Has anyone seen the schedule?
Yes, I'll try to get on here

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Dec 6 Tuesday vs Circleville
Dec 9 Friday at West
Dec 13 Tuesday vs Jackson
Dec 16 Friday vs Oak Hill
Dec 17 Saturday at South Point
Dec 20 Tuesday vs South Webster
Dec 29 Thurs. Holiday Classic vs Piketon (early game is Eastern/Western)
Dec 30 Friday Holiday Classic
Jan 3 Tuesday at Hillsboro
Jan 6 Friday at Northwest
Jan 10 Tuesday vs Valley
Jan 13 Friday at Wheelersburg
Jan 17 Tuesday at Minford
Jan 20 Friday vs West
Jan 21 Saturday vs West Union at Dave Young Classic
Jan 24 Tuesday at Oak Hill
Jan 27 Friday at South Webster
Jan 31 Tuesday vs Northwest
Feb 3 Friday at Valley
Feb 10 Friday vs Wheelersburg
Feb 11 Saturday at Lynchburg Clay
Feb 17 Friday vs Minford

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Football players report tomorrow (Wednesday)

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Waverly should be solid, but will take some time to adjust losing the Henderson twins at G and Chapman in the middle. Nonetheless, they had very good Freshman and JV teams last year and will be one of the better teams in the SOC this year. I see it as a 4 team race between Wheelersburg, South Webster, Waverly, and Oak Hill, and then perhaps even Minford making some noise to shake things up.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

We'll see who shows up today but I did hear of one who played last year who isn't this year. Maybe he'll change his mind.

beeker
Waterboy

Post by beeker »

smurray wrote:We'll see who shows up today but I did hear of one who played last year who isn't this year. Maybe he'll change his mind.

who is not playing that played last year,, you can give their initials only ,, no need for the name

State7
Waterboy

Post by State7 »

Easton Wolf I think you mean there Smurray, I would also like to know who isnt playing this year!

beeker
Waterboy

Post by beeker »

the kids initials are tg

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

State7 wrote:Easton Wolf I think you mean there Smurray, I would also like to know who isnt playing this year!
Yes indeed

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The old scoreboards have been removed (ends and center) and new ones being installed. The new board in the center is going up now, framing has been completed.
Backboards will have lights around them that will light up at the buzzer. A scoreboard will be installed in the lobby and clocks in the lockerooms to let coaches know how much time is left pre game, halftime, etc.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Where are you all getting the $$$ for all of the upgrades? Blackmailing someone???

toast
All State

Post by toast »

The senior I heard that is not playing had a shoulder injury that bothered him most of the football season. Perhaps that played in to his decision? Too bad, he will definitely be missed.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

smurray wrote:The old scoreboards have been removed (ends and center) and new ones being installed. The new board in the center is going up now, framing has been completed.
Backboards will have lights around them that will light up at the buzzer. A scoreboard will be installed in the lobby and clocks in the lockerooms to let coaches know how much time is left pre game, halftime, etc.
Mr. Murray, question please sir. Does the gym at the new school complex on Rt. 220 get any use? What I saw of it when the school opened it looked like a serviceable facility, though not on the level of Hawhee's Palace.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
State7
Waterboy

Post by State7 »

smurray wrote:The old scoreboards have been removed (ends and center) and new ones being installed. The new board in the center is going up now, framing has been completed.
Wow I love that the overall facilities are getting better and better and better. Love that the kids and fans are getting these upgrades!!!
Wish we got the scoreboards that had how many points each player scored. haha just cause I love keeping up with stats!!! :lol: Seen the new one on your page Smurray it is NICE!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote:
Mr. Murray, question please sir. Does the gym at the new school complex on Rt. 220 get any use? What I saw of it when the school opened it looked like a serviceable facility, though not on the level of Hawhee's Palace.
Yes, the girls practice and play at the school gym. It is really nice they don't have to share a gym and have their own.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

State7 wrote:
Wow I love that the overall facilities are getting better and better and better. Love that the kids and fans are getting these upgrades!!!
Wish we got the scoreboards that had how many points each player scored. haha just cause I love keeping up with stats!!! :lol: Seen the new one on your page Smurray it is NICE!
The one I took a picture of is for the wall. The ones going above center court will be digital but still wont be the kind that has point totals for the players. Didn't want players constantly looking at that!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”