What's up with Logan Basketball?

moonshine
SEO

What's up with Logan Basketball?

Post by moonshine »

Any reports on summer workouts or camps. I have been out of town!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: What's up with Logan Basketball?

Post by noreply66 »

heard things are going smooth

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

why does a school district get rid of a proven winner to only replace him with his nonproven jv coach? politics? Gallipolis did the same thing.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Solomon wrote:why does a school district get rid of a proven winner to only replace him with his nonproven jv coach? politics? Gallipolis did the same thing.

Just to remind all of you, Keith had a LOSING record. Get over it! This post is about the current summer workouts/camps and upates for next year.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

gahs4ever wrote:Most varsity head coaches were at one time "un-proven" JV coaches. I keep forgetting about the magical transformation that takes place between the sophomore and junior years. At one time Norm Persin and Rick Van Matre were "unproven" JV coaches on Jim Osborne's staff at Gallia Academy and we all know how that turned out.

CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT COACHING COMBINATION, COACHING FOR THE SAME TEAM TODAY? THIS GROUP IS LIKE LOOKING AT SOME OF THE STATE OF OHIO'S, WHOS WHO, OF THE GREAT COACHES. AWESOME FOR SURE.

I THINK LOGAN WILL BE FINE. I HAVE NO DOG IN THIS FIGHT EITHER. SUPPORT YOUR NEW COACH, AND GIVE HIM A CHANCE FOR A FEW YEARS, THEN YOU MAY HAVE SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT. IT MIGHT EVEN BE GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT HIM. TIME WILL TELL. I DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM, BUT GOOD LUCK COACH, WISH YOU THE BEST

hoopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by hoopsfan »

jv/varsity shootout today in Rio. The jv went 4-0 at Rio on Thursday.

FULLSCHEDULE
Waterboy

Post by FULLSCHEDULE »

Heard the JV looked good again yesterday at Rio...not for sure of records but heard they looked pretty solid for summer.

The Varsity didn't fair so well, sounds like they may need some work, fundamentals need to be stressed from what I hear, your only as good as what you were left with, these kids are good athletes so hopefully the new staff will get them in basketball shape before Nov. hang in their Chieftain Fans.

Does anyone know how many of the Varsity kids play football?

hjames7
Waterboy

Post by hjames7 »

The Varsity didn't fair so well, sounds like they may need some work, fundamentals need to be stressed from what I hear, your only as good as what you were left with, these kids are good athletes so hopefully the new staff will get them in basketball shape before Nov. hang in their Chieftain Fans.

FUNDAMENTALS NEED TO BE STRESSED AND YOUR ONLY AS GOOD AS WHAT YOU WERE LEFT WITH, THEY ARE COACH HELBER'S TEAM FROM LAST YEAR! GRADUATED A BUNCH, HOW DID HE DO WITH THIS GROUP LAST YEAR?

Does anyone know how many of the Varsity kids play football?

AS IN YEARS PAST, PROBABLY MOST!!!! GOOD LUCK LOGAN.

hjames7
Waterboy

Post by hjames7 »

Coach Helber will work hard on the sideline. Hopefully he will have a healthy squad unlike last years varsity. Good Luck!

FULLSCHEDULE
Waterboy

Post by FULLSCHEDULE »

I do support Coach Helber and I was not comparing these kids to the kids in the past and I am not comparing Coach Helber to previous coaches, I just was stating that it looks like there may be some hard work ahead and for the Chief fans to not give up. I believe that Coach H can do the work he is commited to Logan and to the kids. I am looking forward to going down and seeing them at OU team camp. I support the Chiefs and know that Coach Helber and his staff will work hard getting them prepared for the season.

hjames7
Waterboy

Post by hjames7 »

Your right full sched. all of them need to work hard. But Coach Helber probably knows that since they were all on his JV team last year except two.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

GO Logan

FULLSCHEDULE
Waterboy

Post by FULLSCHEDULE »

talked to Coach and not many of the kids play football...surprised but good maybe he can get some conditioning going early, they won't have to wait on the season and playoffs to be over....He said only about 6 from JV and Varisty combinded play football!

and what I meant with you are only as good as what you are left with, I know that Coach Helber was their coach last year but he was coaching a style that was not necessarly his, now that he is the man in charge he can change somethings around work on fundementals and some zone, and put his touch on the program. I think last years team and the teams before were stacked with totally different style of athletes than what we will see this year, no strong powerhouse just a good solid team effort. The Chiefs will be fine good luck at team camp and look forward to seeing then in Nov.

Return to “Boys Basketball”