TVC-Ohio 2010-2011

Fan_0
Waterboy

TVC-Ohio 2010-2011

Post by Fan_0 »

Any thoughts who could win next year? Any good players returning?

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Re: TVC-Ohio 2010-2011

Post by popcorn phil »

Athens will be the hands down favorite.

WangoZTango
Freshman Team

Post by WangoZTango »

1/2) Athens/Vinton County
3) Alexander
4) Nelsonville
5) Wellston
6) Meigs

Things in the TVC-Hocking will be a lot closer...

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Post by CoyDuke »

Athens will be the hands down favorite.

I don't know if I'd go that far. They graduated their 4 best players, and only played about 6 each game.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I am with you Coy. My beloved Bulldogs lost a lot. Maffin, Germano, Harris return with a really good jv team. VC is in about the same boat as Athens, but their jv team was undefeated. NY is going to be pretty good I think.

thebearupthere34
Freshman Team

Post by thebearupthere34 »

I think the Nod has to go to NY, they have solid established guard play

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

My only prediction: Belpre will NOT win the TVC Ohio next year! No way in hell! ;) Neither will Trimble for that matter! :)

Early predictions -

Vinton County and Athens battle for one and two spots.

Nelsonville-York and Alexander battle for three and four spots.

Wellston and Meigs battle to stay out of the basement in the standings.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
Early predictions -

I think your right 96...I do think Wellston may surprise some people next year though...but other than that, I agree with your early predictions.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:My only prediction: Belpre will NOT win the TVC Ohio next year! No way in hell! ;) Neither will Trimble for that matter! :)

Early predictions -

I would say you are right on target.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

we have coach combs and you dont

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Post by popcorn phil »

the ohio is going to be really down next year. I didnt realize athens lost 4 starters. They should still be decent. vinton will struggle with their lack of experience. Alex shouldnt be very good. Nelsonville will be better but who knows. looks like anybodys ball game. You could even argue that Meigs has 2 of the top 8 players in the league in Bolin and Smith. should be interesting.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

popcorn phil wrote:the ohio is going to be really down next year. I didnt realize athens lost 4 starters. They should still be decent. vinton will struggle with their lack of experience.

VC lost 3 starters and had a JV team go undefeated with two wins over Athens' JV, but will struggle due to the lack of experience. Yet Athens lost 4 starters, but will be decent. I dont really understand that.

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

IMO, I think that VC and Athens will be good next year. They both have tremendous JV players who will be coming to Varsity, Chesser from VC who is an outstanding shooter. DeVon Sharp from Athens who just maybe the best pointguard in this area. Both teams have many other key players should be interesting.

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Post by popcorn phil »

Juniors on a great JV team dont make good Varsity starters. athens had primarily freshmen and soph on their JV team. They should grow and mature into much better players. just a fact.

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

Ok it may not translate to you, but these boy have been winners on every level that they have played on. Since the sixth grade they have lost six games, and if that doesn't tell you anything then something is wrong. And the team that they battle with back and for VC (three losses) is a good team. No one wants to give players credit for being good because it is not Varsity well everyone had to start somewhere and and those sophmores you speak of could have easliy played Varsity, but Jeff chose to keep that class together.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

popcorn phil wrote:Juniors on a great JV team dont make good Varsity starters. athens had primarily freshmen and soph on their JV team. They should grow and mature into much better players. just a fact.

The two juniors that started for Vinton County's JV team would have started for most any varsity in both TVC's/cept maybe Athens, and would have started or played several minutes on some SEOAL teams. VC could very well start 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and a sophmore at times next year. For the most part VC will start 4 seniors and a junior. I look for this years freshman player Bryce Owings to join L.B. Remy, and play a lot of varsity basketball if not start some varsity games next season. I dont look for him to split time on Jv. He is talented enough to go straight from freshman to varsity.
VC could be senior dominate next year, and have the best young talent in TVC Ohio; plus for sure the the best coach :-D

GO VIKES

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Here is a fact for you. The Vikings JV squad started Bobby Walton, JR, Justin Breniser, JR, Ryan Chesser, SO, Joey Batey, SO, and L.B. Remy, FR. Now which is par for the course in the TVC, hell, I remember another Vinton County JV squad finishing 18-1 and their only lost was to a Fed Hock team that started three juniors. Oh, and by the way, those Vikings classes, freshmen and sophomores only went on to a perfect 20-0 regular season and win a district championship the next. Here is another fact, the Vikings will graduate five wonderful seniors and it may be tough filling a couple of them shoes; however, the competition is WIDE OPEN, those that work hard in the off season, improve individually, and play hard will be rewarded. Another fact, Coach Combs will put his most competitive team on the floor next season despite their grade or anything else. And a Coach Combs team will get after it defensively and battle to the bitter end, to the last horn, every darn day. So to say that experience or the lack there of is nonsensical, it will come down to skill set, putting the right players in position to succeed, and determination.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Well said, Hawkeye!
VC will be talented, and ready to play next year; look out TVC.
GO VIKES

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

VC will win the TVC they should have last season, i think they were beaten by Athens twice by a total of what 4 points. some timely free throw shooting in the one game the Vikings would have grab a share of the title. VC will be tough to beat.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I agree that the Vikes will be tough to beat, so will Athens, and Nelsonville York, and Jesse Smith at Meigs is very very good.

As for this past season, shoulda coulda woulda. Athens beat the Vikes two times, at VC is was a game they won, at Athens , the Dogs hung in there and stole it at the end - The Miracle at McAfee says it all.

Next year will be a terrific season. I really do think NY will be in the mix with Athens and VC.

Return to “Boys Basketball”