Waterboy

belpre 2010-2011

Post by tvcfan1 »

Thoughts????

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Re: belpre 2010-2011

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

NONE -- none at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Post by zerotosixtynforty »

wow, they lose every starter but Waderker, also Cambell and Slattery off the bench, returners will be Erik Waderker, Rashawn Miller, Brooke Sizemore, Steven Francis, moving up from JV will be Drew Nestor, Dakota Huffman, Ryan Leasure who can help can't remember all. . . .will be a rebuilding year for sure. . .

justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

IMO this team will be a surprise next year. The Freshman team won the TVC Championship and has 2 legit players that will push for starting spots on varsity. Tyler Watkins is planning a return to the hardwood along with Clay Ullman. Jake Ullman will be a freshman next year and can flat out score the basketball. Waderker and Miller will play very well in the back court, if Sizemore works on his game, defense, he could be a force. Nestor can score but has to relax and let the game come to him. Steve Francis is strong and plays hard just needs to control the boards and play hard nosed "D". Coach Parsons will have them ready to get after it and Coach Palmer is improving as a coach. Those players that are left that cut down the nets as sectional champs won't just lay down, they'll want to improve on it. Minus the drama and attitudes this team has a chance to win the TVC Hocking next year. Now let's be fair and honest, the 2009-2010 was one of the best talented teams to play at Belpre, but games are not won just on talent but hard work, desire and teamwork.

LET'S GO EAGLES!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

The cupboard at Belpre is not bare by any means. There is some nice talent both returning and coming up thru the system.

Coach Parsons knows how to develop players under the boards. Sizemore could become a very big presence under the basket and Ryan Leasure just keeps getting better game by game.

If the Board of Education comes thru with additional space for an expanded weightroom that the Athletic Boosters are willing to drop 30K into, athletics at Belpre will be on the upswing.

Belpre should be a front runner for the TVC Hocking title in boys basketball.

fan56
Waterboy

Post by fan56 »

waderker is a great denfender but that Miller kid will have to do alot for this belpre team i watched him this year didnt get as much PT as he should but he is a tough player i think he is going to be up for POY for hocking

belpreboy92
Freshman Team

Post by belpreboy92 »

Miller doesnt even start for Belpre. Unless he picks up his game idk know about POY?

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

he'll be starting next year and IMO should have at the very least got A LOT more time than he did this year, if not started. He sees the floor very well...if he continues to work on his shot and his defense he'll be a force to be reckoned with in the Hocking next season

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Post by popcorn phil »

Not to be negative but Belpre could not have won the hocking THIS year with all of the talent they had. What makes you think they will win it next season? I think you may be taking the hocking for granted. Take out Vinton Co. (maybe Athens) and there isnt a great deal of difference between the two. It is good to get away from those two schools but I'll take my chances against Meigs, Nelsonville and Wellston any day before I would with Eastern, Southern, Fed hock, Trimble and now Wahama. Not to mention, I gaurantee you that you have not experienced "home cooking" like you are going to at these four schools! At these schools some varsity crews do 5 or 6 of the ten home games on the schedule! Most generally they are from that town or even work in some capacity at the school. Trust me, this isnt going to be as easy as you might think.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

belpreboy92 wrote:Miller doesnt even start for Belpre. Unless he picks up his game idk know about POY?

Beleagle05 Wrote:
he'll be starting next year and IMO should have at the very least got A LOT more time than he did this year, if not started. He sees the floor very well...if he continues to work on his shot and his defense he'll be a force to be reckoned with in the Hocking next season.

I agree with you totally Beleagle05.We all know why he didn't get more playing time or start but that situation should be corrected by graduation.I don't have any idea about POY next year or any other league honors but I know he can be a very good player for the Eagles if he is just given the chance to play.He can't pick up his game by playing 2 or 3 minutes a game and by being pulled for missing a shot or committing a turnover.We all know that some of the other starters were permitted to miss many shots or commit many turnovers and were never pulled.RaShawn isn't worried about being POY or any other award,he just wants to play ball and help Belpre win.I believe with the players coming back,RaShawn,Eric,Tyler,Clay and the ones coming up from Jv The Eagles will have a much better group that play as a team and will win a lot of ballgames in the Hocking division.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

Eaglepapaw wrote:
belpreboy92 wrote:Miller doesnt even start for Belpre. Unless he picks up his game idk know about POY?

Beleagle05 Wrote:
he'll be starting next year and IMO should have at the very least got A LOT more time than he did this year, if not started. He sees the floor very well...if he continues to work on his shot and his defense he'll be a force to be reckoned with in the Hocking next season.

I agree with you totally Beleagle05.We all know why he didn't get more playing time or start but that situation should be corrected by graduation.I don't have any idea about POY next year or any other league honors but I know he can be a very good player for the Eagles if he is just given the chance to play.He can't pick up his game by playing 2 or 3 minutes a game and by being pulled for missing a shot or committing a turnover.We all know that some of the other starters were permitted to miss many shots or commit many turnovers and were never pulled.RaShawn isn't worried about being POY or any other award,he just wants to play ball and help Belpre win.I believe with the players coming back,RaShawn,Eric,Tyler,Clay and the ones coming up from Jv The Eagles will have a much better group that play as a team and will win a lot of ballgames in the Hocking division.

Eaglepapaw that is a great post ! that is well said the team aspect will be different with Belpre than this past year. More efficent shots will be taken on offense and better man to man defense as well. Federal Hocking will be the same as a team aspect. Great post though

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Is this the school with manager at Wendys as the coach?
Last edited by Howard Cosell on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

popcorn phil wrote:Not to be negative but Belpre could not have won the hocking THIS year with all of the talent they had. What makes you think they will win it next season? I think you may be taking the hocking for granted. Take out Vinton Co. (maybe Athens) and there isnt a great deal of difference between the two. It is good to get away from those two schools but I'll take my chances against Meigs, Nelsonville and Wellston any day before I would with Eastern, Southern, Fed hock, Trimble and now Wahama. Not to mention, I gaurantee you that you have not experienced "home cooking" like you are going to at these four schools! At these schools some varsity crews do 5 or 6 of the ten home games on the schedule! Most generally they are from that town or even work in some capacity at the school. Trust me, this isnt going to be as easy as you might think.

You aint just kiddin! Me and Willy Cheatem and Scotty dale Wolfe will be calling the games when Belpre visits these schools. In addition, I have all of waterfords home games. No way they are winnning a hocking division game on the road unless its against Miller.

belpreballer44
Waterboy

Post by belpreballer44 »

Coach Parsons will have a great team next year, with returners Erik Waderker, Tyler Watkins, Rashawn Miller, Brooks Sizemore, and Steven Francis......the TVC Hocking better watch out...!!!

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

sizemore is soft, belpre's guard play will carry them

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Be careful, someone might say you folks are degrading the accomplishments of children. :lol: Seriously, I think Belpre will be a great addition to the Hocking.

belpreballer44
Waterboy

Post by belpreballer44 »

the question i have for you "amazinghocks" is how exactly is Sizemore soft? he can crash the boards and even though he may not have very much varsity experience...if he works on his "D" he could be a force for Belpre.....i kinda think your worried

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

saw two belpre games this year one at athens and one at belpre, sizemore played on JV and believe it or not wore the number 44 kind of like your username there belpreballer44, the game at athens i believe he had 30 and played very well but the game at home it wasnt the same story. he just doesnt use the body the way he should

justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

Belpre's big men don't have experience, (Sizemore) I look for alot of hard work to happen between now and then, but with all Belpre teams they expect to win. As for refs in the Hocking, Belpre has always and will always get homered. The play this year at Fed Hock when 2 Belpre defenders trapped a Lancer at halfcourt with no place to go, the Lancer player flops and get the call against Belpre, thankfully he missed 1 free throw and made another to tie the game and take it to the 1st of 3 OTS.

LET'S GO EAGLES!!!!

belpreboy92
Freshman Team

Post by belpreboy92 »

I think Belpre will do just fine. Yes, they will be young but Wadeker and Watkins have been starting since they were freshmen so they will also have some experience. Belpre will be a sleepe pick next year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”