Logan Basketball Coach Keith Myers Resigns

moonshine
SEO

Logan Basketball Coach Keith Myers Resigns

Post by moonshine »

Breaking News Logan head basketball coach resigned this morning! Let's begin a new era with a sucessful young coach!

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Re: Logan Basketball Coach Keith Myers Resigns

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Maybe promote from within.

koondogger koondogger koondogger koondogger koondogger koondogger koondogger

JMTG :mrgreen:

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Some major changes going on at Logan.......new football coach and basketball coach for next year........hopefully the Chieftains can right the ship because I do think that they can build a successful basketball program, which will only make the SEOAL better.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Chief Kdogg wrote:Maybe promote from within.

koondogger koondogger koondogger koondogger koondogger koondogger koondogger

JMTG :mrgreen:

Time to go outside the system to many problems with some of the current coaches! Time to clean house A New ERA in Logan Basketball!

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

moonschein,
If this is true I expect to hear that you have sent in your resume! Don't let us down! You have set up in the stands and complained and cried about the situation, now lets see you in action. Show us all how to run a program. Show us how easy it is to win with average talent at best. I for one hope you get the job. In fact, if you have the guts to come out from behind "moonschein" and tell us your real name I will call Robison and Janey and recommend you for the job. If you are too scared send it to me in a privatge message. I think most of us know what will happen here. You will NOT apply. You stay hidden and continue to sit up in the stands and plan how you and your followers can get the next coach out!

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

It all makes sense to me now. Trimble's coach resigns and then takes a job at Logan. I guess he was just biding his time until he could take his coaching prowess to a new level. Logan basketball is about to get a major facelift once koondogger is behind the wheel.

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

I was told Coach Koons was heading a little further south.

SPG9
Waterboy

Post by SPG9 »

Good luck finding a decent replacment.....not a good job.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

eaglesrock wrote:moonschein,
If this is true I expect to hear that you have sent in your resume! Don't let us down! You have set up in the stands and complained and cried about the situation, now lets see you in action. Show us all how to run a program. Show us how easy it is to win with average talent at best. I for one hope you get the job. In fact, if you have the guts to come out from behind "moonschein" and tell us your real name I will call Robison and Janey and recommend you for the job. If you are too scared send it to me in a privatge message. I think most of us know what will happen here. You will NOT apply. You stay hidden and continue to sit up in the stands and plan how you and your followers can get the next coach out!

Good thing this is about Logan, and not a certain other local school. If it was about a certain school you would be stoned by a few of their fans for making the statement I underlined, making false claims such as "you are bashing children." :roll: But again, this is Logan, and we are all mature people here and can discuss this situation. Who will they promote if they stay inside? If they go outside, will they go after any certain coaches?

LHShoopsfan
Waterboy

Post by LHShoopsfan »

I always read these post but have never posted anything myself but today I feel compelled to. I know there are some "Keith haters" rejoycing today but I for one feel that the boys involved in his program have lost a caring mentor and coach. I hope that whoever takes his place respects the boys who play for him as much as Keith did. he will be missed!

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

SPG9
I could not agree with you more!

Heavy D,
I am pretty positive that no one on staff wants the job.
I know Blaine and Doug do not want the job.
Who else is out there?
I am sure they will get a lot of interest, but it will NOT be from coaches with a lot of experience. I just can't see someone who has been around for a while wanting this job.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

eaglesrock wrote:SPG9
I could not agree with you more!

Heavy D,
I am pretty positive that no one on staff wants the job.
I know Blaine and Doug do not want the job.
Who else is out there?
I am sure they will get a lot of interest, but it will NOT be from coaches with a lot of experience. I just can't see someone who has been around for a while wanting this job.

How about one of Dougs or Blaines asst coaches?

dave wrote:Please tell me that the JV coach will still be around next year. I for one thoroughly enjoy watching him make a complete arse of himself.

I am with ya on that one. :lol:

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Heavy D,
Do any of them have coaching experience?
I don't think this would be a good job for someone without head coaching experience.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

I know at least one of Doug's does. I bet Blain's has too, but can't say for sure.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

they may have experience. but at the D1 level?

moon, nows your chance to show you know what your talking about.......
just remember moon, football stars don't equal basketball stars.

SPG9
Waterboy

Post by SPG9 »

You sure you don't mean Varsity experience? Doesn't matter too much what division you coach in highschool.

Before anyone even starts...no chance of Maddox or Stiverson taking this job. Both are outstanding highschool coaches and both are also well aware of the issues with this job...football school, central district, unrealistic community expectations...the list goes on.

Logan basketball hasn't been the same since the biddy programs of the early/mid eighties disbanded. In particular, the Comets and the work done by Jim Myers and Jim Pierce with youth basketball in Logan. As political as it may have been (kids handpicked with no open tryouts) it sure paid dividends in later years...without a quality feeder program things have really tailed off. I also think the focus on football and single sport athletes has changed the landscape...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

What about the guy that stepped down at Jackson????????????

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Good luck to Coach Myers.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

so, other then the 3 current head coaches names that have been tossed around, maddox, blevins, and stiverson, who all 3 have very strong ties to LOGAN and yes i'm sure they are all aware of the pitfalls at LOGAN. who else is there to look at? 66 mentioned the jackson coach.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Is Coach M's resignation indeed a fact or just speculation? I think he is a great guy who has done a great job. Best wishes to Keith, and the Logan basketball program.

Return to “Boys Basketball”