BELPRE 32 vs WHEELERSBURG 43 .......FINAL

Stopsign
Waterboy

BELPRE 32 vs WHEELERSBURG 43 .......FINAL

Post by Stopsign »

DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE RECORD OF EACH TEAM, CONVO TIME. BOTH TEAMS WILL BRING THEIR "A" GAME. I WATCHED WHEELERSBURG WIN AGAINST OAK HILL OAKS, WHAT A COACHING GEM FROM THE BURG COACH. BELPRE HAS A LOT TALENT AT A COUPLE POSITIONS, BUT DOESN'T PLAY AS HARD AS THE "OLD" BELPRE TEAMS IN THE PAST. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :| :| :| :| :| :|

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: BELPRE vs WHEELERSBURG

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

If Wheelersburg could ever put a solid 4 quarter performance together they could be scary good. They seem to have strecthes were they just fall apart and can't anything to go right, like the start of the Oak Hill game where they got down 8-0 and the 3rd quarter where they only scored 4 points. Then they come right back and score more points in the 4th quarter and OT than they did in the previous 3 quarters, 30/27, and pull out the huge win. If they could string together 4 quarters like that last quarter and a hlaf they would be a very hard team to beat.

I don't know a thing about Belpre. not even their record. Do they have a big man, great quards. What kind of D do they play?

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Burg

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Tate will put on such a show being in the convo that he'll shoot Belpre out of the game. Wheelersburg will be much more under control and win this one by 20 plus.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

GO BURG!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg played them back in 2008 and it was an ugly game. I remember they had Tate and they had a Freshman that was pretty good, but other than that they didn't have much.

If Burg plays with the same intensity that they played with last night, they will be a tough matchup in Athens.

Good luck Pirates!!!

gotgame
Freshman Team

Post by gotgame »

athens78 wrote:Tate will put on such a show being in the convo that he'll shoot Belpre out of the game. Wheelersburg will be much more under control and win this one by 20 plus.

It evident you hate this kid Athens78. Why don't you quit hiding behind a screen name and meet his dad somewhere and discuss your assessment
it's quite evident you don't know the facts. Tate is averaging 14 shots attempts a game. The kid has shot over 54% on the season. He leads Belpre with over 5 apg. How many kids average better than 20 ppg on that few shot attempts. Despite your hatered of this kid there are several DII and DIII schools that are quite interested in his services at the next level in basketball as well as baseball and football

saying that we Belpre fans are glad for the chance for our kids to move on to the Convo. They will play hard, they won't lay down. Take that to the bank

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Da Burg IMO

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

.500 team moves on at the convo. burg tough out. confidence getting better. bendolph needs to keep up the good offensive play. good defense wins a lot of high school games.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I believe on my 'TOURNAMENT SLEEPERS' THREAD the pole posted - voted Belpre the most likely to 'surprise' everyone ... the Golden Eagles got 42% of the votes ...

That voting/theory may ring true if Belpre can somehow slip past the 'Burg and reach the District championship game ... I've been touting the Golden Eagles all year saying they have as much talent as any team I have seen ... Once teams get inside the Convo, that big open space/court/arena seems to favor squads like Belpre (quick, tall, lengthy) ... If the Parsons kid gets hot and starts knocking down threes, Belpre wil be very tough to handle as long as Simms and Tate play just like they have all year.

justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

GO EAGLES!!!!
Last edited by justlookin on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

This is definetly a very interesting matchup. Belpre is a very talented, athletic team that hasn't lived up to their potential. However I think that winning the Fairland game gives them a lot of confidence. I'll take Wheelersburg by 5 because of their tournament experience.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

^^^

I'll take Belpre by that same five points, they are gelling at the right time.

Their biggest problem is, that they play sorta "out of control" for short periods of time and make dumb choices that cost them points.

I'am sure the coach will have that problem fixed when they show up at the Convo.

Good luck Belpre!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

rickoshay - I agree. They were very lucky to survive those "stupid moments" last night!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

SD, you are right. These guys have alot of talent and when they play together they can be awesome.

ON TO THE CONVO GO EAGLES!!!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Good luck to both teams but I have to admit that I will be rooting for my Pirates. :)

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

maizenblue
Waterboy

Post by maizenblue »

I'd like to Burg win but Belpre is better. The athletes win. Belpre by 6.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Go Burg...

Just keep getting better every game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LETS GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”