Welston vs River Valley Sectional first round from Athens

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Welston vs River Valley Sectional first round from Athens

Post by ole_Bobcat »

River Valley 38 Welston 36

Welston led at the half 23-15 River Valley shot horrible.

coach Hill must have lit them up at Half Time because they played smothering defense the entire second half allowing 14 points and scoring 23

Way to go Raiders these kids needed this win

Alexander on Sat.

91blue14
SE

Re: Welston vs River Valley Sectional first round from Athens

Post by 91blue14 »

good job river valley. i bet it felt nice

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

What has happened to Wellston basketball?

highspeed
Riding the Bench

Post by highspeed »

Its been a four year process - No talented upper classman. they play hard and are good kids - cant shoot - cant think - didint play enough basketball in the off season. They had alot of younger hungier players on the jv and varsity. Hopefully they will turn this back around into the success that wellston had into the late eigthies and early to mid - nineties. Good size and some decent guards coming plus (2) talented Soph returning who played alot on varsity.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

They need a true point guard and the kids look like they have never seen a weight? coaching???

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

what they need is a new coach!

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

bobcat:
I thought some of the Wellston players looked pretty big. I figure that some of them lifted weights, Im guessing some of the Wellston kids played football. In my opinion, Wellston had some muscle in there.

RV's aggressive defense looked to be the big game changer in the second half.

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

highspeed wrote:Its been a four year process - No talented upper classman. they play hard and are good kids - cant shoot - cant think - didint play enough basketball in the off season. They had alot of younger hungier players on the jv and varsity. Hopefully they will turn this back around into the success that wellston had into the late eigthies and early to mid - nineties. Good size and some decent guards coming plus (2) talented Soph returning who played alot on varsity.

I thought the upper class men played varsity has freshmen and sophomores, were they not talented then? What sophomores now are talented? The bigger one doesnt seem to be any better when he played as a freshman, I dont know the other one you are refering to. Anyways, it is good to see wellston fans throw the athletes under the bus. It is not going to get any better until the make changes at the top and develope there young ones program.

Return to “Boys Basketball”