Trimble by 1 in overtime

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Fed hock at trimble

Post by 93Bulldog »

Trimble 53
FH 52

In Overtime.

http://trivalleyconference.com/ has been updated after all of Friday's games - and has gone through a few changes ...

All the boys/girls tournament information can be found at http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

bistro
Waterboy

Post by bistro »

Heard on the radio that Fed had a T with less than 1 second left and a 1 point lead. What happen?

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Good question what did happen?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

cant wait to hear this one

bistro
Waterboy

Post by bistro »

Should be interesting....Fed shooting 2 free throws at the end of regulation with supposedly less than 1 sec left, game tied, makes 1 of 2 and then a T against them...Trimble hits 1 of 2 to force OT.......turn back over to the station and Trimble shooting 2 free throws in OT with 1 sec left.....WOW must've been exciting in Glouster tonight.......

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

I wasn't at the game but this is what I was told. Again I am only saying what I was told. Fed shooting ft with no time on clock and missed first. Before second shot they put 1 sec on clock. Fed hits goes up 1 and trimble in bounds ball and shoots a long 3. And Feds bench rushed the floor to soon and got a t which Trimble hit 1 of 2 to go to overtime and a Trimble player hit 2 ft in ot with 1 sec to win game.

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

It's my understanding that FH wasn't notified that time was put back on the clock, they were engaged in a time out. Whether FH had a player across the line I can't say but from the stands nothing happened to impede Trimble from executing the play, it wasn't even noticed.

The technical came very late.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I am about to watch it on Nelsonville-T.V. cable ... since I am totally neutral with both these teams - I will commect later and offer my 2 cents.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

it's mentioned they weren't notified of time back on the clock. Wouldn't they be able to see the clock? Since you mentioned being in the stands how do you know they weren't informed. It's sounds like the normal thing that happens to a team that plays at Trimble. if it comes down to the clock then your screwed. It's time for an assigner in this league.

sneake-pete
Freshman Team

Post by sneake-pete »

I only have 2 questions on this. 1st. There was no time on the clock when he went to the line and shot the first one, then trimble called time out, do you get a time out with no time on the clock at the end of the game?? 2nd. can time be put back on the clock after the first foul shot was taken? Cause thats what happened, time was put back on the clock during the time out that was taken with no time on the clock.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

I was listening to the end of this game on Power 105, which by the way Brian did a great job explaining what was happening. But they obviously had no idea why there was a technical either. They announced it just as you all are explaining it: Federal Hocking shooting free throws at end of regulation with no time left; after first free throw, one second was added to clock; after second free throw, rebound by Trimble and desperation shot; game over. Then the radio guys were as confused as everyone else. Not sure if they ever did get an explanation for the technical.

bistro
Waterboy

Post by bistro »

Anyone know what the foul was at the end of OT with 1 sec left?

thebearupthere34
Freshman Team

Post by thebearupthere34 »

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

was at the game, my understanding was that fed had too many playerson the court. That was the reason for the T

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Motivator and Binary you are the biggest HYPOCRITES in the TVC. You run your mouths about officials at other schools, where are you now? Sounds like your school is the one that needs a league assigner, no wonder you voted against a league assigner. I can't beleive you lost any games with Willy Homer doing the games. :lol: :lol:

TOMCAT_FAN
Waterboy

Post by TOMCAT_FAN »

athens78 wrote:it's mentioned they weren't notified of time back on the clock. Wouldn't they be able to see the clock? Since you mentioned being in the stands how do you know they weren't informed. It's sounds like the normal thing that happens to a team that plays at Trimble. if it comes down to the clock then your screwed. It's time for an assigner in this league.

.....the normal thing that happens to a team that plays at Trimble." Please!.... Very unnecessary and poor taste of a comment......what the heck?

Fed shot fould shot to put them up by one....very excited and emotional crowd at that point to say the least....Fed celebrated prematurely with members of the bench coming on to the floor celebrating....at the same time during all of this heated and emotional time....Trimble throws a baseball pass down full length of court (was touched by no one) when official T'd up Fed for too many players on the floor. Trimble hits 1 of 2 techincal free throws to put the game into overtime. The final four overtime minutes was tense and exciting to watch from both the Fed and Trimble faithful....Cats win. It is a game that could have gone either way. Both teams wanted it bad - congrats to the CATS and good luck to Federal Hocking in tournaments.

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

Not only did the players exit the bench after Thompson hit the 2nd free throw,(with time still on the clock) but the coach was out past the volleyball line celebrating. keep in mind the free throw was made so the time wasnt sopposed to run. The technical was assesed while the baseball pass was still in the air.

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

I went to the game obviously pulling for the Lancers. I thought when we were fouled at the end of regulation there was no time on the clock when the foul was called. Obviously I must have been mistaken because they put one second back on the clock. I do not know what the officials said to the bench, but their hand visibly had the one pointer finger in the air. When we made the foul shot the bench including coaches rushed the floor. I though the Trimble coaching staff did a good job of getting their kids to inbound the ball and try for a last second shot. A technical was called, which was a technical our whole bench was on the floor. I sat beside a Trimble fan the whole night we both agreed that the game should have already been in OT when all this happened. In fact, both of us was glad the Trimble kid only made one of the free throws forcing the game into OT. It was too good of a game to be decided otherwise. I will not say Trimble outplayed us in OT, but they outlasted us. The foul at the end of the OT was a legit foul in my opinion. Trimble's #12 drove the lane and was knocked to floor while shooting. We had our chances and didn't take advantage of it. If I am not mistaken Trimble only scored 6 points in the 3rd quarter.

Return to “Boys Basketball”