Waterboy

Re: Best basketball players in your school history

Post by Tigerfan11 »

Leroy Frazior would b for NB

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Oh man, the Peebles crowd is going to hop all over this one. I'll go ahead and say Marc Kremin to start, because I've got a video clip all ready to go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDDlQvWLmIo

Marc averaged 20.9 ppg career, 26.5 ppg as a junior, had nine 30-point games, and has 1298 career points in 62 games.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson Ironmen

Ed Spriggs early 60's 1st all state 1850ish points SEOAL POY

Harold Howe late 60's 1st team all state SEOAL POY played at Urbana

Allen Collins early 80's 1,000+ points (only 4 in JHS history)

Pat Stevens mid 80's went on to play and score over 1,000 pts at Wilmington College....knee injury kept him from over 1,000 in high school

Greg Harris late 80's 1st team all-state around 23.5 ppg as a sr

Willie Woodard early 90's SEOAL POY, led team to only SEOAL title since the late 60's...played at Lewis St (D2 near Chicago and Capital)

Matt Walburn early 90's co-starred with Woodard on the SEOAL title team and eclipsed over 1,000 career points

Brad Howe mid 90's 1600+ points 1st team all-state at least once.....went on to become Capital's all-time leader in 3 pointers for a while and scored over 1500 pts at Capital....SEOAL POY

Max Morrow mid 2000's 900+ points and led one of Jackson's best teams 17-3 in a near upset over the highly touted Logan Elm Braves in the sectional

Reid Arnold mid 2000's illness kept him from 1,000 career points.....played many minutes as a frosh

Dylan Newsome current is very near 1,000 points and is inch for inch one of the best players Jackson has ever had

Should've beens:

Jon McDonald....started many games as a frosh and would've definately been over 1,000 pts...transferred to Wellston after his soph year

Shane Wolford....started games as a freshman and then missed season time with late playoff runs in football and with conditioning and not playing his jr or sr year for 1/2 of the year

Kyle Ondera....contributed as a frosh very well against monster teams at the time lke Zanesville and Chillicothe.....transferred to Oak Hill...won state championship, final 4 MVP and eclipsed 1,000 points

Ryan Borden.....all-seoal as a soph scoring 18 ppg and then transferred to Oak Hill.......hit the 2 biggest shots in Jackson Co history in state championship game to sent into OT and double OT

Patrick Dill....was scoring 18 ppg with the Ironmen and going to be all-seoal....but quit team very late and moved to Pennsylvania

OTHERS: post 1983

Vince Jenkins, Vince Wolford, Jeff Coffey, Clayton Valentine, Ryan Bethel, Jared Humphreys, Morgan Dobbins

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Ironman92 wrote:Jackson Ironmen

Pat Stevens mid 80's went on to play and score over 1,000 pts at Wilmington College....knee injury kept him from over 1,000 in high school

Willie Woodard early 90's SEOAL POY, led team to only SEOAL title since the late 60's...played at Lewis St (D2 near Chicago and Capital)

Matt Walburn early 90's co-starred with Woodard on the SEOAL title team and eclipsed over 1,000 career points

Brad Howe mid 90's 1600+ points 1st team all-state at least once.....went on to become Capital's all-time leader in 3 pointers for a while and scored over 1500 pts at Capital....SEOAL POY

Max Morrow mid 2000's 900+ points and led one of Jackson's best teams 17-3 in a near upset over the highly touted Logan Elm Braves in the sectional

Reid Arnold mid 2000's illness kept him from 1,000 career points.....played many minutes as a frosh

Dylan Newsome current is very near 1,000 points and is inch for inch one of the best players Jackson has ever had

Should've beens:

Jon McDonald....started many games as a frosh and would've definately been over 1,000 pts...transferred to Wellston after his soph year

Shane Wolford....started games as a freshman and then missed season time with late playoff runs in football and with conditioning and not playing his jr or sr year for 1/2 of the year

Kyle Ondera....contributed as a frosh very well against monster teams at the time lke Zanesville and Chillicothe.....transferred to Oak Hill...won state championship, final 4 MVP and eclipsed 1,000 points

Ryan Borden.....all-seoal as a soph scoring 18 ppg and then transferred to Oak Hill.......hit the 2 biggest shots in Jackson Co history in state championship game to sent into OT and double OT

Patrick Dill....was scoring 18 ppg with the Ironmen and going to be all-seoal....but quit team very late and moved to Pennsylvania

Vince Jenkins, Vince Wolford, Jeff Coffey, Clayton Valentine, Ryan Bethel, Jared Humphreys, Morgan Dobbins

Ever need a documentary made, give me a call. :)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak...post 1999

Robbie Barnett career leader in points (1470) averaged 11 ppg as a frosh one of the best defenders I've ever seen.Shut down 6'8 current WVU player Cam Thoroughman in sectional finals his sr year and drilling them by 20 pts....had over 1,000 in 2 seasons at Southern State

Justin Michael led Whiteoak to Final 4

Jeremy Stacy helped lead to Final 4 and then to Elite 8 being the only returning starter

Jared Bohl

Blake Kibler

Andy Bradds

Joseph Michael

Ryan Barnett

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Kayla Cook (all time leading scorer [2012+], NCAA D1 player next year)
Nick Aldridge (two final 4's, 1 state title) 2011 career points
Brett Roberts (NBA and MLB)
Mike Rose - if there was a 3 point line back then... :shock:

other notables, Justin Lower, Eric McClintic , Michael Coriell , Brigham Waginger (transfer from Ironton, broke several defensive records with SW, state title)

Really all I can think of at the moment.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

^^^^^^who was the red headed kid that was the star after Aldridge and Waginger left....Campbell?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Josh Campbell. He was good, but certainly not the best in school history. He pretty much led the Jeeps back to the regional's single handedly. He could shoot the 3 ball

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

Jeremy kaltenbach, Jeff bradley, Brian dyer, Todd warnick, ty Roberts, mark harner to add a few to the Webster list.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Should've beens:

I watched Ed Spriggs a few times in high school --big boy--his senior year Jackson had a ton of heigth--I think Ed was 6-8 and Thomas was 6-7 and the rest went 6-5-6-3-6-2 for starters.

Ed even played end on the football team

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Didn't Jackson have an all league center [1966] by the name of Lawrence Gangridge[spelling?????] Might have been 6-6--He played at Logan up until his sophomore year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Katie Smith--Logan

Where to start on talking about her????????

Mark Shaw
Lindsey

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

noreply66 wrote:

Should've beens:

I watched Ed Spriggs a few times in high school --big boy--his senior year Jackson had a ton of heigth--I think Ed was 6-8 and Thomas was 6-7 and the rest went 6-5-6-3-6-2 for starters.

Ed even played end on the football team

Are you sure Spriggs played on the FBall team ( I dont think so) but Brett (or Brent Thomas did) and I think went to UC Ed had a full ride to U of Miami (Fl) and didnt go. At the time Spriggs was the best Big Man to ever play in this area but he couldnt play with the likes of some of the big men of this day and age Its just a different brand of ball. I once asked Spriggs what his greatest thrill in bball was and he told me it was when he got in Jr. High and his shirt and shorts matched.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Never heard of Gangridge....but that was nearly a decade before I was born.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I played against Collins.
Coached against Woodard and Walburn.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Growing up in Logan, I can recall seeing OSU coach Fred Taylor at Logan to watch
Eddie Jacobs of Wellston... One heck of a player............

shlfanatic
Waterboy

Post by shlfanatic »

All I know is SHL so here are my picks

Fairfield- Vanwinkle
West Union- Blain Roush
Manchester- Billy Welch
Peebles- Michael Cheesbro
Lynchburg-Clay- Paul Cluxton
North Adams- Nathan Copas
Eastern- Buchler, you pick
Whiteoak- Robbie Barnett
Ripley-?
Fayetteville- ?

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Well in my life time, which isn't long as some others, there hasn't been a whole lot on the West Side.

West Siders since late 90's

Matt Jones
Jerrod Swords
Shea Lauder
Asa Jewett, and many others on that convo team
Nathan Brandenburg
Boyce Jordan, younger Boyce, never got to see his dad play but what I've heard I wish I could have.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Kraig Unger has to be at least 1a for North Adams

Return to “Boys Basketball”