Peebles Tourney Draw

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Peebles Tourney Draw

Post by Jayhawks »

Thoughts and Predictions! It looks pretty tough to me.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Re: Peebles Tourney Draw

Post by Jayhawks »

The sectional we should be alright! The district, WHOOO! Valley i have not seen play.I seen Portsmouth play twice and i have to say they were impressive, good size and very athletic.Ironton i seen play and all i can say is Intensity.As an Indian fan,i can truly say we are gonna have our hands full.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Peebles got the worst draw of any DIII team.lol

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

bengalfan76 wrote:Peebles got the worst draw of any DIII team.lol

I agree, but it all goes back to the Jackson sectional being so loaded this year. If Athens would've been loaded, no worries. The Indians can win all of these matchups, but it's a very tough road.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

If Peebles and Portsmouth matchup I think the Trojans have the better team. But, if Valley and Peebles play I think it would be a very exciting game.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

Valley and Portsmouth can be beat, their records prove that!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Yes but, Peebles can be beat too. If they would have played Portsmouths schedule they would have about 6 losses.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

But, Peebles hasn't been beat so congrats to them.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

I dont know about 6 losses but we could of hit a bump in the road.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

I don't think Peebles or Portsmouth should look past their sectional games, but what makes Portsmouth so tough? I hear they have some height, but I haven't seen them play this year.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

What makes Peebles so tough? Portsmouth has great shooters, they are very fast, and they work the low post game. And, they play good defense. I just know that they will be a handfull for any team.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Portsmouth got Torey Horne and Dion McKinnley back about 5 games or so ago, they didn't play the first half of the season. Portsmouth is a much better Team now that's for sure, and they will be a tough game for anyone in the District.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

I have not seen Portsmouth this year but if you say they have height/size and work the post this could be an extremely difficult game for Peebles. The only problem is that every time I have ever saw Portsmouth play they like to run and gun and if your pushing the ball up the court taking quick shots than your not getting the ball inside to your big men. If Portsmouth can make a conscious effort to not take quick shots, play tight defense on Peebles' shooters, and get the ball inside, I believe Portsmouth would be the favorite by a few points.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

At least Peebles doesn't have Portsmouth in the sectional like NA did last year. That was a tough way to start the tournament. Don't know how many Portsmouth returned this year from that team but they were very good last year.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

Peebles has great shooters also! The only flaw they have is they lack in size.They will play hard and make things happen.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Just like Portsmouth was a cruddy draw for undefeated NA last year....at least you guys get them one round later.....providing they beat Valley

Peebles has a way tougher route to the regionals than Eastern Brown...and it's not very close IMO Eastern could beat Oak Hill down the road if they can play well to that point it'll be a great dist champ game.....but will likely have to face Alexander in dist semis........and with that being in Athens (just 7 miles away).not an easy task.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

I agree...both the #2 and #3 seeds have easier draws than the #1. Not complaining...just means we get to beat some better teams. :)

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I have not seen Portsmouth this year but if you say they have height/size and work the post this could be an extremely difficult game for Peebles. The only problem is that every time I have ever saw Portsmouth play they like to run and gun and if your pushing the ball up the court taking quick shots than your not getting the ball inside to your big men. If Portsmouth can make a conscious effort to not take quick shots, play tight defense on Peebles' shooters, and get the ball inside, I believe Portsmouth would be the favorite by a few points.

Portsmouth has a new coach and that. has changed.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

I like the run and gun scenario, it fits Peebles's style better.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

jchitwood wrote:
bengalfan76 wrote:Peebles got the worst draw of any DIII team.lol

I agree, but it all goes back to the Jackson sectional being so loaded this year. If Athens would've been loaded, no worries. The Indians can win all of these matchups, but it's a very tough road.

No, it goes down to the Jackson sectional being so political. No way in Hedes that portsmouth is the number 5 team in this sectional. They are no worse than #3. Peebles got hosed by the OVC and the SOC. Neither Oak Hill or Chesapeake wanted to play the Trojans in the tourney.

Return to “Boys Basketball”