Western Pike at Clay 01-26-10

claypantherfan
All State

Western Pike at Clay 01-26-10

Post by claypantherfan »

What is your thoughts in this one the last match up between them was 65-62 western but now Clay has won 5 conference games in a row

Hoggy
SEOP

Re: Western Pike at Clay 01-26-10

Post by Hoggy »

Clay is playing much better of lately and with this game being at home, I would have to give the edge to the Panthers. Western is still a scrappy team that will play you hard for 4 quarters and if the Panthers get caught sleeping, the Indians could walk out of there with another victory.

I am guessing:

Clay - 57
western - 54

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

They are a team you have to watch out for due to the fact they always play hard but I think Clay will win this one

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Since the Game is at Clay then that gives them a little advantage so I'll say Western Pike by only 4.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Clay by 5

cc93
Waterboy

Post by cc93 »

Western has been struggling slightly but like someone said earlier there a scrappy team that will play hard for 4 quarters so I will say Western by maybe 5 but they will have to pull it together.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Clay has been playing great basketball as of late, And the game is at clay. I just see an upset in this one. Western beat them the first time when clay was struggling. But that first win may give them the confidence that they can do it again. I'm going with Western in the upset win. Flint hits a three at the buzzer and western wins by 2.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Clay is still turning the ball over way too much and it could come back to bite them. I'm glad to hear they are playing much better than they were but Western is a very scrappy team. If Western presses them hard then they will probably win if not then Clay may pull it out. Flip a coin on this one. ;-)

Bricklayer
Riding the Bench

Post by Bricklayer »

Western by 10. With the Starting Point Guard suspended its going to really hurt clay. With clay already hurting for lack of ballhandlers and with their best out; i don't see the turnover problem going away.

BasketballFan1
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan1 »

When did the starting point guard get suspended? I caught the game with Notre Dame and everyone was there for that one. Did this happen for the Rock Hill game?

Bricklayer
Riding the Bench

Post by Bricklayer »

the homecoming following the rock hill game

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

Clay is going to be fine with there starting point guard being suspended. Yea he is going to be missed but Cody Delotell is just as good he just dont play it because our starting one is always playing it. Im still going to have to take Clay in this one. To good of a team now to lose this game.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

cbaseball33 wrote:Clay is going to be fine with there starting point guard being suspended. Yea he is going to be missed but Cody Delotell is just as good he just dont play it because our starting one is always playing it. Im still going to have to take Clay in this one. To good of a team now to lose this game.

If Clay is missing Valentine, then I'll take Western by 15

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

Eaglesnest wrote:
cbaseball33 wrote:Clay is going to be fine with there starting point guard being suspended. Yea he is going to be missed but Cody Delotell is just as good he just dont play it because our starting one is always playing it. Im still going to have to take Clay in this one. To good of a team now to lose this game.

Western is not going to win by no 15 at clay they have been playing too good of basketball and Cody Delotell will handle the ball fine agaist western

Waterdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Waterdog »

Clay is a good team they are and playing Western on their home court. It is hard to lose anyone who contributes but I think Cody D. is going to do fine. I'm looking forward to seeing this one. Good Luck Panthers!

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Clay has had 5 different leading scorers so far this year and has 5 boys averaging between 9 - 13 ppg. So they should be able to play just fine no matter who is missing from the lineup. They are a very balanced team. Good luck against Western.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Sorry to hear about the suspension. The team had found it's chemistry and rhythm of lately and when this type of thing happens, it can cause issues. If you honestly think that losing a starting point guard will not effect the team, then you must know something that I don't.

Balanced scoring is always a positive, but if you can't get the ball up the court or get the offense set, the scoring will not happen as easily. If Western was smart, they would press until the guard play for Clay shows that they can handle the pressure and break the press. I know Clay was plagued with the turnover bug early in the season.

Should be an interesting game to watch and this will definitely tell if the suspension has hurt Clay or at least disrupted their winning formula.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Clay by 8

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

claypantherfan wrote:
Eaglesnest wrote:

Western is not going to win by no 15 at clay they have been playing too good of basketball and Cody Delotell will handle the ball fine agaist western

If this is plan B, it could be a long night for Clay :lol: In all seriousness, no other player on Clay's team handles the ball as well as Valentine. If Western pressures them, it could be very difficult for Clay to get into their offense and maybe across half court.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Clay's point guard is out then Western by 10 or more. Clay turns it over like crazy so if you take away their ball handler it will probably be worse.

Return to “Boys Basketball”