Marietta (2-8, 0-5) @ Warren (7-3, 2-3), 1/19

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Marietta (2-8, 0-5) @ Warren (7-3, 2-3), 1/19

Post by WHSwarrior »

The Tigers enter the Warrior Coliseum in search of their first SEOAL win of the season, while the Warriors look to return to even in league play and extend their winning streak to 3. Doors open @ WHS at 5.

Can Marietta handle Venham, Cunningham, Fivecoait and Co.?

bankshot
Freshman Team

Re: Marietta (2-8, 0-5) @ Warren (7-3, 2-3), 1/19

Post by bankshot »

i think if the warriors play with the same intensity they have the last 2 games then this could be a blow out...

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

If Warren plays like they did against Gallipolis on Friday, Warriors should win this one. If not, could be a close rivalry game.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

I would say that if Warren is able to quickly establish itself in the lane and continues to crash the boards, then there should be no question.

But if Marietta forces us to rely on the three to come back, we're in trouble. Warren seems to struggle when it's a close game in the late 3rd quarter or later. All of our wins except Fort Frye have been well-cemented by the 3rd quarter, and all our losses have been close games in the 4th where the other team was able to just put us away. I wasn't at Ironton, but I know that good free throw shooting helped Portsmouth and Chillicothe beat us in the 4th.

BLUEMOON
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEMOON »

Warrior C C I thought you had changed, guess not. You really have no clue!! Man i sure do hope that we get our same offensive production with our same non-weapons as we have in previous games. If we get this kind of production we should win this game by alot. Sportsfan and Bankshot I'll have to agree with you both on C C. Also me thinks he wasn't at the game Sat. because his psychiatrist had a session with him about basketball 101 and he is pi$$ed that his shrink knows more about the game of basketball than he does.

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

Bluemoon...he was probably busy with his phone calls from Phil again...i really missed his negative analysis from the game...not sure if coach maddox and the boys are going to know what to do without him telling them what to do...it could get ugly if cc doesnt help out givng that he has more baketball knowledge than anyone

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

Warren should win this with the non-starters...keep on bragging about the great production, its gonna get you in the end...Not able to go farther up 339, horse and buggy wont make it, so guess you are stuck with me, besides, the basketball Gods have sent me here. :mrgreen: The sun comes out tmrw

warren_44
Waterboy

Post by warren_44 »

warrior cc... if your so ubsesed with the jv who should start the marrietta game? or who should go in if the varsity starts suckin it up?

WARRIOR BS
Waterboy

Post by WARRIOR BS »

I can't wait to watch the JV match up tomorrow night--It will be a great one

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Maybe if all the starters would score 20 points a game and the guys off the bench would each chip in with 12 CC would be happy with the Offensive production. Haven't personally seen any teams capable of this but I'm sure he has.
Kids have good days and bad ones. When one is a little off someone else must step up, if no one does it usually results in a loss....it happens. They are kids, they are not perfect. I too like to see the Warriors play a "perfect" game. But, if they all give a great effort and lose I can be satisfied with that. I have seen a great work ethic in this group...for that matter, every Warrior team I have watched in the past 6-8 years.

It is a shame that one bad egg can cause this much turmoil among adults. Maybe we should ignore him, possibly he will go away.

ccrunner
Riding the Bench

Post by ccrunner »

Warren by 10.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Warriors have played much better starting with the Logan game (counting Chilli as we played well but came up short against a team playing even better on that night)....especially the last two games, I know against lesser opponents, but the chemistry seems to be improving....Maddox seems to settling on his rotation with the seniors, juniors plus Knost....perhaps Cowan will get back soon to contribute some minutes off the bench as well....whatever the reason its seems different on the floor, the offense is clicking much better and kids are playing more focused on both ends of the floor....I guess you could say they are doing the little things much better and we not seeing the empty possessions like earlier in the year....It's time for some pay back on the Tigers, we haven't tasted victory for quite a while and it will be indeed SWEET Tuesday night! Let's get both games!!

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Let's keep this near the top.....this game is tomorrow and no Marietta people are talking about it?

BearcatNation2334
Waterboy

Post by BearcatNation2334 »

Marietta hasnt had much to talk about. If marietta expects to win they will need to play better than they have all season. We have not beat a quality opponent all season but I think we are due.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

This game shouldn't be close and I believe it will get ugly for Marietta. Warren will win by roughly 20-25 points. Warren owns Marietta this year.

sports_nut
Riding the Bench

Post by sports_nut »

Yeah i don't expect any Mtta ppl to be talking about it. It's a down year for them and I agree this game by all accounts should be a blow out.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Shucks, I have school tonight and won't make the game! However, I have someone to text me at the end of each .25, so I'll know the score. 100.9 FM will air this game tonite after the regular game scheduled, so maybe I'll catch it on the radio afterwards, too. GO BIG BLUE!!! Show them who rules in Washington County!

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

GOODLUCK TO THE WARRIORS! Get as much confidence built as you can, You will need every bit of it down the stretch. After the last month, I have witnessed a change in the Boys attitudes and they are a little more Hungry....But its only the smallest step in preparing theirself for whats in front of them....So much talent on both teams but until you want to reach the next level, the kids have got to motivate themselves to get there and WORK,WORK,WORK. Still see that the Coaching staff has some big decisions to make, and the overall picture is in their hands....The DESIRE is coming back, and knew that every kid out there has it in them, So to every kid on both JV and Varsity......UNITE AS ONE AND THIS IS A TEAM SPORT UNLIKE NO OTHER! Give it your all and you will never lose in the Game Of Life! Even if you have such a person as I in telling my opinion, sometimes in a negative way...Its about adjusting and making yourself believe that you can get better! Warriors Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!! And of course.... :122249 The sun comes out tmrw!

warrior2012
Freshman Team

Post by warrior2012 »

if warren plays like they have been, expext a blow out.
they wont take it easy, they have to make up for last
years game.. good luck to both teams.

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

warrior cc..great post...i also think the warriors are gaining confidence and are on the right track to beat the likes of logan elm who always seems to have their number in tourny time..make a statement tonight

Return to “Boys Basketball”