Waverly vs. Wheelersburg

Jump23
Freshman Team

Waverly vs. Wheelersburg

Post by Jump23 »

Should be a great game. Waverly needs to keep up the intensity on defense. Defense wins games.

claypantherfan
All State

Re: Waverly vs. Wheelersburg

Post by claypantherfan »

I could see Waverly winning this one by 6

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Burg has a game Tuesday night to worry about first before even thinking about going toWaverly on Friday.

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

I look for this to be a low scoring contest with Waverly winning in OT...JMO

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Agree Alabama mike! But IMO: I think this game could go to either team...pretty well matched up. I will go with Burg's tenacity to never give up and they win in the final seconds.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Da Burg IMO

lilb-baller
Waterboy

Post by lilb-baller »

Waverly winning this one, the HUSTLING TIGERS are back !!! KR3TZ3R for 3 up and it's good!!! Pass from Sammy J inside to Z and it's good, all night boys. Good luck to the Tigers on a coming victory in the Jungle Baby!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The jungle better be packed with crazy Tiger fans! We had a decent following at the convo but not great. I know it was a bad time of day but I was hoping for more "crazies".
The Pirates are invading the palace, we need every Tiger crazy there making some noise.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

Waverly by 4

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Waverly has more to work with offensively. Burg will play much better DEFENSE than Waverly due to Barrick. Waverly is now on a role and getting production from their talent (W's against Valley and Chesap.). BUT, defense wins ball games.

Burg should not win this one....but I'll take them in a low scoring game 40-35.

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

Eaglesnest-----

Waverly might be able to play a little D too! Just ask Utley (Valley) and Copley (Peake).

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Tigers24 wrote:Eaglesnest-----

Waverly might be able to play a little D too! Just ask Utley (Valley) and Copley (Peake).

I know they can Tigers24....comment not a slam. But, which team is known consistantly for their defense? Waverly is CAPABLE of playing good D. Good D is REQUIRED at Burg.

Good luck to both squads.

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

Waverly has a lot of weapons,and can beat you several different ways,however the Burg appears to have another gear that they can shift into when needed.24-0 run against a good team is a signal that this team posesses a great deal of heart.I like the Burg in this one.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

That 24-0 run was against Northwest. Not a slam on Northwest but Leslie does not a "team" make. Waverly is playing great "team" ball and playing some pretty good defense, the kind we haven't seen at Waverly in some time.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Should be a great game: how Waverly handles Stegman might be the deciding factor, will Waverly be physical enough on him, box out well and hit the boards? Ball pressure is not a problem for the Tigers, Malone, Remy, and Johnston will just sit down and be in your face all night.
Dont believe you can get enough pressure on Johnston to cause turnovers the boy is a press breaker, Valley and LE tried to trap him but it just led to easy baskets, wasnt able to make it to the Peake game so I dont know if they tried to press him?
Would love to see the Ward boy be brought up to Varsity he has a great motor, not real big 6'2 or so but always working hard, boxing out, crashing the boards, would give them more depth inside.
Waverly 51 Burg 43

Big D23
Riding the Bench

Post by Big D23 »

If Waverly shows up like they have the past two games burgs gonna have a lot of problems, match up nightmares, tigers defense should lead to a 6 point victory at Hawhee"s palace

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

Burg is a shadow of what they could have been and Waverly has the best point guard in the league and a lot of players and atheletes. Waverly should win. However, we do know this: a Barrick team gets better as the season progresses. Will Waverly?

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

As of now, I see waverly as the class of the SOC2. Waverly' s team seems to be deeper and more talented. I'll take Waverly by 7.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

tripledouble,
What do you mean by deeper? The Tigers have played 7 kids in the first three games. That's not very deep. They are very talented and athletic, but deep they are not. Provided they continue to play like they have the past two games, stay out of foul trouble and injury free, they could very well be the class of the SOC2 this year.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

My apologies tigers2010, I said seems to be deeper. But it appears that I was wrong. I'm still not going back on my stance they are more talented tho. Hard to find a team in this area with more natural talent than the tigers have this year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”