Ironton basketball classic dates and times

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Ironton basketball classic dates and times

Post by ItownBrowns »

Monday, December 21, 2009
3:00 Manchester (OH) vs. St. Joseph Catholic (OH)
5:00 Oak Hill Academy (VA) vs. Walnut Ridge (OH)
7:00 Campbell Memorial (OH) vs. Princeton (OH)
9:00 Ironton (OH) vs. Africentric (OH)
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
3:00 South Point Lady Pointers (OH) vs. Ironton Lady "Fighting Tigers" (OH)
5:00 Chesapeake (OH) vs. Campbell Memorial (OH)
7:00 Warren (OH) vs. Ironton (OH)
9:00 Princeton (OH) vs. Oak Hill Academy (VA)
All contests will be played at the Conley Center (Ironton, OH)

GATES OPEN at 2:00 PM

This should be one hell of a tournament with some amazing talent on hand. Cincinnati Princeton who is one of Ohio's top DI teams will be playing Oak Hills Academy which is ranked 2nd nationally. Playing for Princeton is Ohio State commit Jordan Siebert.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton basketball classic dates and times

Post by biggdowgg »

I,LL be coming to see these games...

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

ITB, do you know if one ticket is good on a daily basis and what is the admission price............. :?: :?:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tobias wrote:we'll have to get a gang of us together to go...

sounds good....,and we will even let you know who,turn lose :mrgreen:

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

I'll be going up.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

There is no chance that I will miss the Oak Hill Academy/Princeton game. :aaaaa26

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Post by ItownBrowns »

Those are good questions instructor, I'll have to find that out for you. I know last year that they sold all day tickets. You could come and go as you please. They even had shuttles all day going to and from Buffalo Wild Wings and the Ironton Hills Plaza. I'm not sure about the cost of a ticket, I'll see what I can find out.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Heres the tournament website:

http://irontonclassic.com/

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

So is this at the High school

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

ItownBrowns wrote:Those are good questions instructor, I'll have to find that out for you. I know last year that they sold all day tickets. You could come and go as you please. They even had shuttles all day going to and from Buffalo Wild Wings and the Ironton Hills Plaza. I'm not sure about the cost of a ticket, I'll see what I can find out.

any word on tickets,and if they are good for all games on that day?

thanks

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

I emailed Coach Lafon yesterday and asked him if one ticket would be good for the day and if you could leave and re-enter. He said yes, so that's good. I forgot to ask him about ticket prices, but if it's the same as last year, I believe it was 8 dollars.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

great tournament classic line up of diverse teams.. some great experience will happen for several teams that may get to face princeton and oak hill, va... great job on the line up.... Ironton has some tough match ups right out of the gate on both the girls and boys sides. Being able to beat chesapeake enlightens me. they have to be a solid squad so early after an emotional football run too... looking forward to following again.. i skipped last year, had too much going on. would love to see the rosters for both ironton boys and girls squads.. if anyone could kindly post a link.. thanks ...

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Tickets are either 8 or 10 dollars.That gets you in for all games for that day.Which is a steal.
You may leave and get back in,there will be a shutle going to and from BW3's(sponsor).
There will be concessions and a Hospitality room for sponsors.Hospitality room will have BW3's wings and sides,and a big screen Tv,if you deside to eat during the game.
Myself and Jukeboxer wil once again be "enforcers" at the door to the hospitality room.Stop by and see us,but if you aint got the "Cred" yo aint getting in,lol.
Also for any one looking to help out I'm sure no help will be turned away.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

8 bucks gets you in for every game of the day.

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Post by ItownBrowns »

Here is a link to the recent article in the Ironton Tribune about the Classic. This will answer most of the questions people have about the event.
http://www.irontontribune.com/news/2009 ... ak-hill-a/

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

Looks like the weather might be a factor again this year. Hopefully, all teams involved will be able to make it.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

All of you coming to Monday's games - the OBDTF will be lunching at BWW at 1:00 PM prior to the start of the tournament. You're invited to come early enough to join us.

I've heard that ugly white stuff is predicted for this coming weekend, but I thought it was supposed to taper off on Mon - Tues. But I was listening to a Cincinnati station.

WIROJason
Waterboy

Post by WIROJason »

If you can't make it to the games or would just like to follow the action, Fox Sports 1230 WIRO will again broadcast all 8 games of the tournament. Tune in to 1230 on your AM dial in the Ironton area, or log on to www.FoxSports1230.com to catch all the action.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I hate it I have to miss Mondays games, got to work. I'll be there for all of Tuesdays games though.

Hope everyone haves a safe trip, looks like we may get some snow again this year.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Right now, road conditions seem to be pretty good here in Lawrence Co. Bear in mind I haven't been out - but my thermometer here in Ironton did not dip below freezing last night; my lightly traveled street is damp but completely slush free; and traffic visible on the highway [US 52] appears to be moving full speed ahead.
The Oak Hill Academy team might have a problem travelling from VA, though. Both VA and WV are literally "disaster areas" after experiencing blizzard conditions and record snowfalls yesterday. Hopefully the weather will indeed moderate a little today, and road crews will have time to get highways passable.

Return to “Boys Basketball”