South Webster @ Clay 12/5

Who wins?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:06 pm

Total votes: 0

dimedrop4
All State

South Webster @ Clay 12/5

Post by dimedrop4 »

First games of the season this week for many high school teams. This will be the season opener for the Jeeps, but Clay's 2nd game as they play Northwest the night before. Clay, the early season pick for many to win the SOC1, has the height advantage and a few nice shooters. South Webster, much improved from the past 2 seasons, has the quickness advantage on both ends of the floor, and several all-around athletes. Thoughts on this one?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: South Webster @ Clay 12/5

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Webster by about 5, could go either way

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I see this one being a 10-14 point win by clay but they wont get the lead like that till the end i think Clay should win the battle on the boards

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Could go down to the wire. Home court advantage is a plus for Clay but coming off game with Northwest will not help.

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

i will take webster their guard play look pretty impressive at the previews

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

southernohiofan wrote:i will take webster their guard play look pretty impressive at the previews

Yeah but you can't judge by previews though

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

claypantherfan wrote:
southernohiofan wrote:i will take webster their guard play look pretty impressive at the previews

Yeah but you can't judge by previews though

True but they played the same way against Peebles in their scrimmage last week. Their gaurd play was impressive and the team as a whole played some tough D. I'll take Webster by single digits. :12224

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

From what I hear Clay has a big size advantage...Webster has the nod with guard play and athleticism. I'll go with Webster by 8-10 points.

Livin LRG
Riding the Bench

Post by Livin LRG »

this should be a good game, i'll take clay

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I'm not so sure that SW will have the better quickness at guard. Clay has two pretty quick guards in Bussler and Valentine. They both get up and down the court pretty fast and are very quick on defense also.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

From what I hear, Clays first two home games will be on the radio. WNXT, I think was what the email said.

As for quick guard play, I can't imagine they could be much quicker than Valentine, Bussler and Delotell.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I think possibly the guard play might be a little bit to the Clay advantage in speed but they will match up well

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

No prediction from me as I don't know much (i.e. anything) about Clay. I guess I'll have a better idea about them from their game with Northwest the night before. But I'd like to see the Jeeps come out and play some tough defense. Offense is always sluggish first few weeks of the season, but there's no excuse for not getting after it on defense. From what I've seen of Coach Ater, effort on the defensive end of the court is not optional.*

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

I will reserve judgement on the Jeeps until mid-season. I will see them in person in a couple of weeks, but it may take a little while for everyone to get on the same page Offensively and Defensively.
I hope by tournament time they are jelling and can extend that into next season.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Webster by 6 or 7 points. the guard play of webster is much improved from last year and they are changing up their Defensive play from last year. Very impressive against New Boston foundation game and the previews. should be a good match to watch

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

Well I think the big factor in this game will be the rebounding and I think Clay will have the big advantage on that but I think they will have that againist most teams

Ex-Huddler
Waterboy

Post by Ex-Huddler »

SW is too athletic for Clay. Athletes and quickness will beat height. Good luck to both teams. SW 65 Clay 49.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

If Clay tries to play them man to man, SW will come out on top. We have seen this over and over for that past three years. Clay has big men but they are not quick and couldn't keep up with NW last night. If Clay insist on playing only man to man they need to pull the big guys and put in all speed.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

if anybody is at the game and views this thread please post updates.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

this game is on 107.5 wzzz

Jeeps 14 -4 right now about halfway through the first quarter. webster already has 4 fouls though

Return to “Boys Basketball”