SOC2 09-10 Scores and Standings

Who will win the SOC 2 in the 2009-2010 season?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:50 pm

Total votes: 0

bball fan123
Freshman Team

SOC2 09-10 Scores and Standings

Post by bball fan123 »

anybody have an early prediction on who the championship will go to this year? will the reigning champs keep the title or will the Pirates step in and take the GOLD? Or will somebody else win it? What do you think? I've got this poll running until mid February.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Re: SOC 2: Early Predictions? 2009-2010

Post by all-time athlete »

1.Northwest
2.Wheelersburg
3.Oak Hill
4.Waverly
5.Valley
6.Minford
7.South Webster
8.West

1-4 could be a toss up( yes I went to NW so I am a bit biased, but I feel they have the talent and they have the best player in the league also so I feel they can do it)

5-8 also a toss up

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Northwest better than Wheelersburg?
1. Burg
2. Waverly
3. Oak Hill
4. Northwest
5. Valley
6. Minford
7. South Webster
8. West

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

1. Burg
2. Waverly
3. Northwest
4. Oak Hill
5. Valley
6. Minford
7. South Webster
8. West

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

all-time athlete wrote:1.Northwest
2.Wheelersburg
3.Oak Hill
4.Waverly
5.Valley
6.Minford
7.South Webster
8.West

1-4 could be a toss up( yes I went to NW so I am a bit biased, but I feel they have the talent and they have the best player in the league also so I feel they can do it)

5-8 also a toss up

Northwest isn't going to beat Wheelersburg. No one in the league is going to be beat Wheelersburg. Plain and simple. Andy Stegman is the best player in the league.

wolley07
Riding the Bench

Post by wolley07 »

Im giving a toss up between burg or oak hill.

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

wolley07 wrote:Im giving a toss up between burg or oak hill.

I'm not sure Oak Hill can match up this year with the Pirates due to the loss of some key seniors

all-time athlete
JV Team

Northwest isn't going to beat Wheelersburg. No one in the league is going to be beat Wheelersburg. Plain and simple. Andy Stegman is the best player in the league.

im glad you're so confident....Andy is very gifted I wont take that away from him but his game is limited to the post only, where as Hank can go inside and out and hurt people on the drive

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

1. Burg
2. Waverly
3. Oak Hill
4. Valley
5. Northwest
6. Minford
7. South Webster
8. West

Should be a great season for basketball in SOC II.*

Jim Mora
Freshman Team

Post by Jim Mora »

1. Burg
2. Oak Hill
3. Northwest
4. Minford
5. Waverly
6. Valley
7. West
8. SW

I think 3-4-5 could be up for grabs.

OaksStateChamps2009
Waterboy

Post by OaksStateChamps2009 »

1. Oak Hill
2. Burg
3. Waverly
4. Valley
5. Northwest
6. Minford
7. South Webster
8. West

that's my prediction

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

1. Oak Hill- Return Ondera, W. Hale, and Slone...it will come down between them and burg...
2. Burg-They have a very talented big in Stegman, along with having Lang back, now with the addition of Bendolph, it should be interesting
3. Valley-They lose Arbaugh and Cunningham, but they get back Yates and Utley among others...I think the are a top 3 team
4. Waverly-I know they return Kretzer and Roback, not sure about what else they have, I know Waverly always seems to have a good team
5. Northwest-They have argubly the best player in the leauge in Leslie, and talent around him, they be top 3 in the leauge if they get it together.
6. West-I'll be honest this pick is a little out there to some people, but I could realistically see them winning some games in soc play. They return everyone except 2 starters, they have a good wing in Tyler Austin, and good paint player Trevon Pendleton and another senior that could step it up this year and play well inside with Cody Groves...if they can develop Auger and Ratliff, I could see them as high as 4-6, believe it or not they are pretty talented...and now they have a coach to lead that knows about building programs
7. Minford-I don't know alot about them, I know they return lot some good players to graduation, and their coach Copley
8. South Webster-I don't know much about them at all, other than they are rebuilding

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

1.)burg -for sure 1
2.) Oak Hill - will be close to burg but they will come a close 2nd
3-5) valley , waverly , northwest - could really go either way with these 3 teams
6.) south webster- not sure what they have since they have got another new coach
7.) minford - lost alot of from last year so they could possible switched with S.W.
8.) portsmouth West- thier typical selves

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

1. Burg-too much returning and addition of transfer(s)
2. Oak Hill-will be much better than some people think. Will give Burg all they want and then some.
3. Northwest-One word..LESLIE..easily the best player in the league. NO COMPARISION! He will put up extraordinary numbers this season. They have some shooters around him too.
4. Valley-lost some key players but look for Yates to really blossomthis year.
5. Waverly-Martin is an excellent player.
6. Minford-new coach. Lost alot of talent from lat season , but has plenty of athletes to be respectable.
7. West-Bradford will have an impact but it will take some time
8. South Webster-new coach..new system....same unrealistic expectations

Overall, this season should be very exciting. I will be amazed if anyone gets through the league without a loss. In fact, I predict the winner will go 12-2 in league play.

Good luck to all teams.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

sider wrote:6. West-I'll be honest this pick is a little out there to some people, but I could realistically see them winning some games in soc play. They return everyone except 2 starters, they have a good wing in Tyler Austin, and good paint player Trevon Pendleton and another senior that could step it up this year and play well inside with Cody Groves...if they can develop Auger and Ratliff, I could see them as high as 4-6, believe it or not they are pretty talented...and now they have a coach to lead that knows about building programs

Until the parents stay away and let the kids play basketball and not let it be a fun time for their kids, West basketball is going to remain a joke! I attend every game and I enjoy it more then I do West football :122246 thats not a joke you can ask anyone who knows me that I'm there everygame supporting the team no matter where they are playing at! I don't see West doing much this year. I hope Bradford turns this program around and we can start having some winning seasons. But far as this season I see us battling for last with Webster!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Unless NW has 1-2 other players besides leslie, look for him to be double-teamed alot. Someone put on here earlier that Leslie can beat you inside or out. If he is on the outside, who is going to rebound. I think NW is going to ask for to much out of him this year and it will take its toll on him.

Burg does have alot coming back(the whole starting 5 from last year) plus add in Bendolph to that mix and they have the makings of a great team. Since they haven't played with Bendolph, no one is sure how that mix is going to go. Unless Burg can establish some shooters(lang being back should help in that department) Stegman will be in the same boat as Leslie. Doubt it will happen though because Burg does have a little bit better supporting cast around him. If Burg can hit some three's early in a game, it should open it up for Stegman in the paint and if that happens, watch out. I don't think there is anyone around here that can contain him once he gets the ball in the paint.

Should be a fun and exciting season though. Looking forward to it

all-time athlete
JV Team

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Unless NW has 1-2 other players besides leslie, look for him to be double-teamed alot. Someone put on here earlier that Leslie can beat you inside or out. If he is on the outside, who is going to rebound. I think NW is going to ask for to much out of him this year and it will take its toll on him.

Burg does have alot coming back(the whole starting 5 from last year) plus add in Bendolph to that mix and they have the makings of a great team. Since they haven't played with Bendolph, no one is sure how that mix is going to go. Unless Burg can establish some shooters(lang being back should help in that department) Stegman will be in the same boat as Leslie. Doubt it will happen though because Burg does have a little bit better supporting cast around him. If Burg can hit some three's early in a game, it should open it up for Stegman in the paint and if that happens, watch out. I don't think there is anyone around here that can contain him once he gets the ball in the paint.

Should be a fun and exciting season though. Looking forward to it

I think you can expect much better performances from both Kreig crabtree and Chaise Hall from Northwest this year in their senior seasons due to a sense of urgency knowing this is it for them so you will see relentless effort from them IMO.....and from the JV they gain Jeremy Blankenship who just may well have one of the cleanest strokes in the entire league, once he starts hitting it is hard to stop him.....and right now the name is relatively unknown but take my word for it Luke Brown will give every player who guards him fits with his athleticism/speed/strength, trust me he is going to make a name for himself he can straight up play.

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Unless NW has 1-2 other players besides leslie

ask and you shall receive..... add dylan brown in the mix :mrgreen:

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

my only issue with Northwest is when the ball goes in to hank it doesnt come back out....sometimes its Hank trying to do to much (dont blame him for anything he is a competitor) or the shooters just stand and watch hank try to work through double and triple teams. hopefully Coach Scarberry works all this out and has them ready to make a run. they have the talent to win it.

1fan1
Riding the Bench

Post by 1fan1 »

SOC II is weak. Burg should win out. Leslie IS a very solid player with a lot of talent inside and out, defensively and offensively, so is probably the best all-around. But, numbers of athletes on the squad, goes to Burg. Speed and strength will win out in a weak league. What will they do with it?

Return to “Boys Basketball”