Oak Hill Oaks State Champs Golf Scramble

BLUEDEVILS
Waterboy

Oak Hill Oaks State Champs Golf Scramble

Post by BLUEDEVILS »

The annual golf scramble will be held on Sept. 20, 2009 at Franklin Valley, located between Oak Hill and Jackson. Cost is $200 per team, and shotgun start will begin at 8:30 a.m. If enough teams are entered, 1st and 2nd place teams will receive a payout. As usual, food and refreshments will be provided. Also, hole sponsors are being accepted for $100 per hole. Registration will be limited, so register early.

To register, call Norm Persin at the high school @ 740-682-7055.
Also, you can register be e-mail at james.slone@oakhill.k12.oh.us
If you choose to register by e-mail, please be sure to include a team captain and a phone number.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Re: Oak Hill Oaks State Champs Golf Scramble

Post by JJ Hale »

Oh lord! Here we go!

vchoops
Freshman Team

Post by vchoops »

Oh lord! Here we go!

That's what everyone will be saying if you show up with that Rag Tag Westfield foursome you like to play with, including the UPS Man, Father nature, and the rest of the gang!

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

For your info. it was Captain Sub in the Sack, the UPS Man, Tito, and Daddy Warbucks!

GreenDevils#1
Freshman Team

Post by GreenDevils#1 »

Is it bring your own team? How much of a pay out is there for first place?

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

I have my team together. I can't wait!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Vinton County Basketball Team will be represented.

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

Oh God! The UPS man is in the pool!

MTX
Freshman Team

Post by MTX »

Golf is a sport

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

MTX wrote:Golf is a sport

I think so!

BLUEDEVILS
Waterboy

Post by BLUEDEVILS »

Coach Persin said the tournament had a very nice turnout, with 27 teams participating. This was the 3rd year in a row the scramble was sold out, with golfers from Jackson, Scioto, Gallia, Vinton, and Lawrence counties represented. Here is a list of the following sponsors who helped make the event a success.

Saylor Logging, McDonalds, Knox Insurance and the Saturday Morning Scordboard Show, Crabtrees Garage, Lifetouch, Lewis Funeral Home, American Legion Post 261, Sons of the American Legion Post 261, Strickland Sales and Service, McNelly-Gahm Insurance, Freedom Choice Benefits, Jackson Insurance Brokerage, Fantastic Sams, AEP, Atomic Credit Union, Fastenol, Boggs Exterminating, Dan Fulks Sheward Insurance, Nichting and Green, James Brown, Four Winds, Bob Evans, Kalis, Edgewood Manor, Lyndon Gaines, Holzer Assisted Living, Bartrums Grocery, Lewis Insurance Agency, Amy Rann State Farm, Rainer Consulting Company, CVS, Oak Hill Sports-n-More, Chris Bates, and Kevin Crabtree.

The 3rd place team was captained by PJ Rase, 2nd place team of Randy Rainer, and the 1st place team was Freddy Carpenter, Clint Potter, Jack Detty, and Pete Detty.

If anybody has been omitted, please just send me a private message and I will correct it.

Finally, it was nice to meet the godfather of VC, Terry Hale. I know a couple of his teammates were remarkable in their performance.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

A truly Cordial & Exciting golf outing. 8)

Everyone on our team had a blast! Pretty amazing how many teams the Boy Oaks got together for this. Nice to see my friends from Rio Grande, Chesapeake, Jackson, and all over SE OHio. Also good to visit with some old friends from the OHSAA SE District.

First class outing......It was Remarkable! :lol:

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Needless to say, I had a remarkable time. I really enjoyed playing with Ty and JJ, they were so funny, I laughed so hard my face hurt until this morning. It was good to see Coach Persin and his staff working hard for the betterment of their program and their community.

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

I didnt go, on cool rainy days my arthritis acts up in my elbow and hands, but I had a buddy who went and he said it was a good time. He also said it there were a lot big wigs there, somebody from the ohsaa, ohter coaches, and many more and Rick mcnally, I thought he was coaching at wellston? What is going on there?

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

I think you should put the last place team on there it was, me, Angie Sprouse, Jesse Slone, and Kyle Ondera. We had the most fun though!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

It was nice to meet you, Blue Devils.

No Solomon, Rick McNelly left the Wellston staff after Coach Derrow was suspended. Also, Rick's son, Ty, is now enrolled in Jackson.

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

Post by On the sidelines »

I'll I can say is if Freddie's team won, he must have been keeping score. His reputation speaks for itself at Franklin Valley. Good Job Freddie.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

On the sidelines wrote:I'll I can say is if Freddie's team won, he must have been keeping score. His reputation speaks for itself at Franklin Valley. Good Job Freddie.

:lol: :lol: :lol: .... were they teh only team not in an 8some... :122245 :122245 :122245

Return to “Boys Basketball”