South Gallia and Belpre moving to TVC-Hocking in 2010-11

eaglefan1
Varsity

South Gallia and Belpre moving to TVC-Hocking in 2010-11

Post by eaglefan1 »

What are everyones thoughts, how will this effect basketball in the Hocking? Belpre will now have 14 league games, plus the 2 games against warren and one game against fort frye..thats 17 games, and probably 3 games with TVC-Ohio foes...I think it will make every sport much more competitive in the Hocking...pretty much the same teams win every year...Fed Hock or Waterford in basketball, Trimble in football, Southern in baseball...I think Belpre will run the league in basketball that year and maybe years to come...and will be competitive in football, i could see Belpre-Fed Hock and Belpre-Trimble becoming big rivals in the near future.

Eaglepapaw
S

Re: South Gallia and Belpre moving to TVC-Hocking in 2010-11

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Wow,I just learned my way to all of the TVC-Ohio schools and now I have to travel new roads to the hocking. better re-program the GPS. i think the move will definitely help the Eagles and I think they will be a lot more competitive in the Hocking.I will miss some of the Ohio rivalries and look forward to building new ones with the Hocking teams.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

My god why did they bring in South Gallia. They are terrible in everything. The poor hocking will now have seven league football games and Miller, Southern, Eastern, South Gallia will give no points to anyone. I'd look for Warren and Jackson to come into the Ohio at some point to even it up at 8 teams in each division. It was a good move to us at Athens to get into TVC except I can't see us every getting a good seed in a tournment like baseball or basketball.

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

athens78 wrote:My god why did they bring in South Gallia. They are terrible in everything. The poor hocking will now have seven league football games and Miller, Southern, Eastern, South Gallia will give no points to anyone. I'd look for Warren and Jackson to come into the Ohio at some point to even it up at 8 teams in each division. It was a good move to us at Athens to get into TVC except I can't see us every getting a good seed in a tournment like baseball or basketball.

Why do you say that...In the last 3 years V.C. has two 1 seeds and a 2 seed out of the T.V.C. Ohio.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I meant Athens not V.C. You see what happened to Athens in the baseball seeding with a 5 seed after a 15-4 record. The schools our same size know we played Eastern 3 times and lost once which is a DIV team and all our losses were to DII teams. V.C. normally play a lot better competition in their non league schedule in basketball then we do in baseball or basketball. I know we won the TVC all sports trophy but we didn't win any of the big money sports Basketball or Football. We won what track, golf wrestling and such. Most teams don't have wrestling and all it takes to win in track is large numbers which we have. I don't think anyone will respect Athens until they start winning Basketball and football titles on a continuous basis.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Belpre will be a top contender in most sports in most years. Personally, I think Belpre will dominate in boys basketball in most years.

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

athens78 wrote:My god why did they bring in South Gallia. They are terrible in everything. The poor hocking will now have seven league football games and Miller, Southern, Eastern, South Gallia will give no points to anyone. I'd look for Warren and Jackson to come into the Ohio at some point to even it up at 8 teams in each division. It was a good move to us at Athens to get into TVC except I can't see us every getting a good seed in a tournment like baseball or basketball.

If you are really from Athens,why would you make a statement like this? The tvc let you in and you were by no means a power house in football and basketball. When was the last time you played a playoff game in football or made it out of your sectionals in basketball? Before you run someone else down you might want to look in the mirror.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

South Gallia has two playoff appearances in football in the last five seasons.
Boys hoops has been up and down, but they've enjoyed some success.
Girls hoops has been very good under Coach Bostic.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Belpre goes from being the smallest school in the Ohio to the biggest school in the Hocking. Good move for them :!:

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

They won't make the playoffs in football now with the weak teams they will play.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

athens78 wrote:They won't make the playoffs in football now with the weak teams they will play.

Who won't make the playoffs?

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

South Gallia, they won't get any points from Miller or Southern, they won't beat Trimble or Waterford and this year may not beat Eastern and if they don won't get many points from them. So in order to make the playoffs they better use their 3 non league games to beat bigger better teams. Also I shouldn't have said this year it will be the following year when the join the TVC.

IMK01
Riding the Bench

Post by IMK01 »

I'm guessing that Athens won't make the playoffs anytime soon either, since they are by far the largest school in the TVC Ohio. Unless they have a lot of strong non-league games, they won't be getting any points for playing all the smaller schools.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

athens78,
What's your problem with South Gallia?
You guys will probably never have to play them, so why all the venom?
If the TVC didn't think South Gallia brought some positives to the table, the league wouldn't have let them in.
Did the Athens administrators vote for or against South Gallia's admission to the TVC?
Actually, athens78, I think you're suffering from Rebel Paranoia!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Yes Athens voted for them they don't care and yes South Gallia brings lots to the table - wins for the other Hocking Division teams.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

athens78 wrote:South Gallia, they won't get any points from Miller or Southern, they won't beat Trimble or Waterford and this year may not beat Eastern and if they don won't get many points from them. So in order to make the playoffs they better use their 3 non league games to beat bigger better teams. Also I shouldn't have said this year it will be the following year when the join the TVC.

Ok, That is what I thought you meant but wanted to be sure.

The vote for South Gallia to come into the TVC was 13-0 according to printed news reports.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Great for South Gallia

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

South Gallia will be on the rise this year and should be better the next year witch will be the first year in league play if everything with the all ready scheduled games works out

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

I don't see Belpre beating Trimble in football....Trimble is a powerhouse in football.

Since when is Southern the powerhouse in baseball? Up until last year, I believe, Federal Hocking ruled the sport.

I think it will be a positive move for Belpre and hopefully South Gallia will do well also.

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

Lancer_Fan wrote:I don't see Belpre beating Trimble in football....Trimble is a powerhouse in football.

Since when is Southern the powerhouse in baseball? Up until last year, I believe, Federal Hocking ruled the sport.

I think it will be a positive move for Belpre and hopefully South Gallia will do well also.

The last 3 years in baseball the TVC Hocking Crown has been moved 3 times. So to say Federal has ruled lately is not completely true. Southern won in 2007 when they had 2 stud pitchers in Patrick Johnson and Ryan Chapman! Federal Hocking won 2008 with a great team led by then Sr. Tyler Chadwell who only got to DH. Then last year Eastern won the crown with possibly the best overall talent Reedsville has ever seen in a team.

Yes Fed Hock has a great program w/a great coach in Rocky Brunty. But to say they have ruled the hocking division is not 100% true.

Return to “Boys Basketball”