2009-2010 Piketon Redstreaks

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

2009-2010 Piketon Redstreaks

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

So what is the sequel to a 24-3 team that won the Holiday Classic, SVC Title, Sectional, District & Regional Title, AP State Ranked #8, Final 4 Appearance including wins over 5 league champions? Wow.....Big shoes to fill....Brabson 18.2ppg and Smith 19.1ppg are gone.
Tough schedule....Hillsboro,Zanesville, Columbus Mifflin,Waverly,Vinton County,Zane Trace, and an always tough SVC schedule along with the Waverly Holiday Classic.

Looks like coach Lisath is repeating last year's tough summer schedule, by playing big Division I & II schools at Miami Ohio, Harvest Prep, Wittenberg, Rio Grande, and a special trip down South.

Returning will be Evan Legg who has turned into one of the premier point guards in SE Ohio, also a pair of outstanding athletes 6'6 Caleb Southworth, 6'6 Keenan Brush and much improved Jared Vulgamore. The Redstreaks will welcome back two players from last years injury reserve list in Jordan Miller and Jordan Buckler, also a few key players from the 15-3 SVC Champion Reserve team in James Lewis and Jamie Helton, throw in a mix of newcomers and if all goes well, the streaks will keep right on rolling!
High expectations again.....can the streaks answer the bell? a lot of naysayers at the beginning of last season....will we hear the same? I will keep you posted as I follow the summer schedule.....looking forward to the matchup with Marietta on Friday.

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Re: 2009-2010 Piketon Redstreaks

Post by CANNIBAL »

yes i believe the boys can get back to the final four again, but they will def have to work harder and be more focused to do it again, :-D but i believe they can do it!

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Several key questions to need be discussed.....

1. Who will step up to assume the scoring role of Smith and Brabson? Legg can score (will need to do more of it) but the keys are Southworth, Brush, Vulgamore and Helton. If three of these guys can average 10 or more a game, they will be alright.

2. Will the Streaks pick up the defensive intensity? As we saw in Columbus, constant defensive pressure in the half court can slow down/stop good offensive teams. If this team is willing to sell out for 32 minutes a game,....

3. Will they embrace the 'team first' attitude that carried them to Columbus? This was a question at the beginning of last year, and as it was answered, the wins piled up. You don't win three nail-biters in the tournament by playing 'me first' basketball.

4. Can Lisath and Co. retain their magic touch?

If we, the fans, allow the coaches to coach and the players to play, and support them each and every game, a return to the Schott is not out of the question. Last year is last year, and teams will be gunning for them each game, so don't think that a win is guaranteed simply by stepping onto the court. Teams that are successful year in/year out expect to be successful, but work hard to ensure that success. Are the Streaks up to it? GO STREAKS!

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

I sure hope we can make it back, but realistically that final four trip is probably a once in a lifetime experience.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

hbk123 wrote:I sure hope we can make it back, but realistically that final four trip is probably a once in a lifetime experience.

Coach Lisath has been there four times 1978,1988,1990,2009......I'm sure he is trying to get those kids to believe it can happen again. But you're right for most...it's a once in a lifetime thing.

Streaks go 4-0 at Rio Grande, winning all games by 25 points or more. (Miami Trace, Fairland, Circleville, Marietta) according to what I was told they played well at both ends of the court. Streaks will be at Harvest Prep this coming week.

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

nice to hear they are doing really good.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Just got the word.....Piketon played well at Harvest Prep today without Keenan Bush, the Redstreaks beat Columbus South and the shootout favorite Columbus Walnut Ridge, a tie game with Cincinnati Hughes, and the only loss to Cincinnati Withrow. I was told Legg shot the lights out and Southworth and Miller played well inside.

Piketon is at Wittenberg Saturday and will be without Brush, Southworth, and Vulgamore, so the young guns will have to step up.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Streaks go 3-1 at Wittenberg, I didn't get the details or who they played, just heard Brush and Southworth did not play.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Just got my latest report....Streaks roll into Eastern Brown 30 minutes late (scheduling conflicts), gets beat by the host 47-42, Beats Clairmont Northeastern 51-50, and Beats North Adams 74-52...3 straight 40 minute games in grueling heat (no AC) with 8 players ( 3 freshmen), Brush and Vulgamore on vacation.

Streaks travel to Miami Ohio for their toughest challenge of the summer vs. all Division I Cincinnati Schools.....(all players expected to participate). I believe Coach Lisath said this was the turning point for them last summer. Good Luck Streaks....just work on getting better....Bullseye is on you!

reliob
Freshman Team

Post by reliob »

keep the updates comming jimmy it keeps the fires burning for the fans

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

You got it! Streaks go 3-2 at Miami, very impressive wins over Lebannon, Cincinnati Oak Hill, Lakota West and losing to Cincinnati Roger Bacon and Middletown. I'm told the Streaks played well yesterday, but not as sharp with back to back games starting at 8:00 AM this morning. I like the fact that the Streaks played 4 DI's and a DII school, I'm told in the Roger Bacon game Evan Legg moved up on Miami's recruiting list with a very stellar performance in front of the Miami staff. Keenan Brush and Evan Legg were invited and participated in Miami's Elite Camp earlier this week.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Jimmy who is the transfer you referred to?
If you don't want to say on here send me a PM

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

I'd rather wait until it's official, because I don't want to post bogus information.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Jimmy is this a basketball kid only or does he also play Football, track, BASEBALL?

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Basketball.....

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^
Transfer is the last thing the Redstreaks need at this time. It will upset the team chemisty.
Do not see this being Welcome in the Village.

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

Looks like someone is trying to stir the pot a little.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^
No I am a fan and alumni of PIketon High School
I am also a coach in the system not basketball.

No Pot stirring here, go back to bashing HS kids. :lol:

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

bengalfan76 wrote:^^^^
No I am a fan and alumni of PIketon High School
I am also a coach in the system not basketball.

No Pot stirring here, go back to bashing HS kids. :lol:

Show me any place I bashed a H.S. KID :roll: :roll:

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Your right you just questioned a HS kids stats sorry :roll:

Return to “Boys Basketball”